[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

well.... if we play like this every night
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/3/2004  10:25 PM
We will win 48 games in the East. I'm not much for moral victories but this group is going to be good together. I thought Lenny used 11 guys effectively. How great was it seeing Sweetney and Ariza in crunchtime against one of the best teams in the NBA and making a great defensive stand?

Obviously we suck at center and our best moments were when KT or Sweetney were playing there. Its a work in progress but I'm even more excited about this team than I was 3 hours ago.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/3/2004  10:32 PM
I agree and we can all agree that ariza is the real deal, sweetney needs some more work but he was effective, Kt played stud like for what he can do, and our backcourt was sick, steph and craw was just crazy tonight, if we had gotten something from nazr and TT we could have won this game, but I agree this team can win 48 maybe 50 games.. and after watching a ton of games tonight on the NBA league pass, I think the knicks can be as good as a lot of the teams out there that were predicted to be ahead of us..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/3/2004  10:37 PM
its a solid formula. Not title worthy, but solid. We wont keep opponents fg% very low... we just dont have those kind of defenders, and we arent blocking shots, BUT we can rebound the ball and force turnovers. 11 steals is awesome and I can quickly see an Ariza/Sweetney combo being one of the NBA's best combos off the bench. They really change the game.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
11/3/2004  10:39 PM
I agree. But we have to get more out of Tim Thomas and Nazr. Nazr can't keep missing lay-ups and travelling down low!
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
11/3/2004  10:55 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

I agree. But we have to get more out of Tim Thomas and Nazr. Nazr can't keep missing lay-ups and travelling down low!
can't but will. if we only had a center. zeke, make it happen!
tkf
Member: #87
11/3/2004  11:20 PM
Posted by fishmike:

its a solid formula. Not title worthy, but solid. We wont keep opponents fg% very low... we just dont have those kind of defenders, and we arent blocking shots, BUT we can rebound the ball and force turnovers. 11 steals is awesome and I can quickly see an Ariza/Sweetney combo being one of the NBA's best combos off the bench. They really change the game.

I agree it is a solid formula, and one that can win us a lot of games, I do like the way we are able to get points in a hurry, that is something new for the knicks..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/3/2004  11:25 PM
The Knicks looked good tonight. KG was on fire and the offense went cold in the 4th (where Allan Houston will really help). Ariza looked insanely active. I hope he continues to push TT. KT looked great, proving what he can do when his hand isn't mangled. Marbury was great. Craw looked good, but has some awful shot selection. He needs to actually slow his game down a bit at times.

Man, this team will get a lot of steals when Ariza and Craw are out there. They'll be able to make a lot of defensive runs.

Can't say I'm too disappointed about any part of this game.

Next up, a good test against Boston, who looked decent against Philly, but blew a big lead.
¿ △ ?
Rich
Member: #511
USA
11/4/2004  4:09 AM
Posted by fishmike:

...I can quickly see an Ariza/Sweetney combo being one of the NBA's best combos off the bench. They really change the game.

And by next year, one of the NBA's best starting foward combos.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/4/2004  5:03 AM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by PhilinLA:

can't but will. if we only had a center. zeke, make it happen!

Geez man KVH and Doleac where are you? At least these guys were consistant. Timmy and Nazr can look like all-stars one game and bums the next.

Trade both!!! I'm off their bandwagon. I'm tired of sticking up for them. Now watch Timmy drop 30 in the opener and Nazr get a double double.....still trade them.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/4/2004  5:36 AM
Thomas and Mohammed are looking like the worst rotation players on the team right now with the exception of Baker who also looked terrible. I think it is clear by now that neither player is worth keepin. I think we'll have to wate till TT is an expiring deal to get rid of him. And Baker is offically the new Weatherspoon. He has picked up the I'll pump fake 10 times and get blocked when I the ball less then a foot away fromt the basket. He keeps this up and he'll turn back to booze pretty soon out of depression.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/4/2004  9:19 AM
i was absolutely flabbergasted that sweets and ariza were on the floor the bulk of the 4th quarter. i love it. lenny is so the right man for this team, this year. i'm very happy with the fact that when tim disappears twice a week, lenny will not hesitate to put in ariza. sweets is awesome. there's no way around it. the only thing he needs to do is take it in the lane instead of taking those fadeaway jumpers. he seemed a little intimitated when KG was in the lane so he faded away. when he takes it strong, he will either take a high percentage shot or get to the line. he's going to be a BEAST.

and ariza is such a great fit for this team. i am VERY happy with how we played last night and you're right, this team can push 48-50 in the east.

crawford needs to check some of that shot selection.

kurt was solid, as always.

marbury was MVP last night. he played unbelievable. he concentrated on distributing the ball and only scored when he had to. if this is what he's going to do, then he's easily going to lead the league in assists and probably be the best PG in the league.
djsunyc
11/4/2004  9:24 AM
also, there's no reason why sweets shouldn't be playing in the 4th. he's the ONLY guy other than marbury that gets to the line. and he gets there 1/2 the times he gets the ball. that's invaluable in the 4th.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/4/2004  9:27 AM
I'm sorry guys, but I have to bring this up. I Love the Knicks and all, but KGs crossover on K.Thomas was sick. I had to laugh at that one.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/4/2004  10:00 AM
I think that the problem with that rotation is simple, we can't have TT and Naser on the court as two of our starting 5s. Yes, TT is a starter, but Naser isn't. At this point, I would much rather have a combo of TT, Sweetney, and Kurt at Center, because what ever we can't get from TT, for sure Sweetney and Kurt can produce that, I.E. rebounds. Naser should be on the court when Ariza, JYD, AND the second string are on the court. I do believe that it is time for Lenny to realize that our team look much better with a short lineup than what we have currently.

Marb
Crawf
TT
Sweetney
Kurt (until we can trade him for a ledgit 7')

Worst comes worst, we can always put TT in the post as a SF/C. His height and thleticism should be unparalell on the court.
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
11/4/2004  10:04 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

I'm sorry guys, but I have to bring this up. I Love the Knicks and all, but KGs crossover on K.Thomas was sick. I had to laugh at that one.

KT played a solid solid solid game. i can't say anything bad about him. the only times last night i was frustrated was nazr's missed layup, marbury and sweets missing free throws, and about a 5 min stretch where crawford was playing nba 2k5.
well.... if we play like this every night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy