[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas is garbage!!!
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
11/3/2004  10:24 PM
Look, today he cost us the game by himself. He was easily -24pts just by himself. He is cancer to this team. He needs to be put out of his misery. Trade him away as soon as possible. Ariza is already 10 times the playe Gazy is.

I can't beleave how awful he is. Him and Mohammed too. Terrible players. That KVH trade looks worse and worse every game.

Start Ariza and Sweetney with KT ac C, and get rid of dead weight in Mohammed and TT.

Tim Thomas has to go, he is an awful player with a terrible attitude and no game.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/3/2004  10:33 PM
yea... great post.

By the way KVH shot 6-16 tonight, had 4 fouls, disappeared in the 4th qtr and had 5 TOs.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2004  10:45 PM
Could someone please check TT for an irregular heartbeat.

Lets not jump the gun to quick. He had a bad game but we all know that the one thing TT lacks is consistency. I will agree with you though...Nazy and TT are not developing into the players I thought they would. Nazy IMO will never be any better than what he is right now, and thats not alot.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/3/2004  10:48 PM
...oh and cangrats to you simrud. You get the first Over-reaction Thread Award of the 2004 season.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/3/2004  10:49 PM
He needs to step it up, but Ariza might be just the encouragement he needs. Lenny seems like he's will to lack Timmy any time he's misfiring and to put in Trevor.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/3/2004  10:52 PM
I actually thought you saw exactly what you wanted to from TT. He was aggressive on the boards and attacking on offense. His shot just wasnt going down.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/3/2004  10:58 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I actually thought you saw exactly what you wanted to from TT. He was aggressive on the boards and attacking on offense. His shot just wasnt going down.
He was sort of being aggressive. He kept pulling up in the lane and missing. He needed to take it to the rack and at least get to the line. When he gets some dunks, he tends to get going.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/3/2004  11:29 PM
Tim was okay tonight, this is why everyone hates him. It was a little different than playing Utah though. This time, when he drove the lane, one of the best 7-footers in the game was waiting there. So he took some weird in between shots, rather than go up strong. It'd be nice if he challenged KG, but few do.

Thankfully, Ariza will push him. But please stop asking to start the 19yr old child. Let's bring him along slowly so we don't kill him. Though, if someone like Charlotte drafted him, he'd probably make the Rookie/Soph Challenge game...
¿ △ ?
subzero0
Member: #410
11/4/2004  12:00 AM
Posted by fishmike:

yea... great post.

By the way KVH shot 6-16 tonight, had 4 fouls, disappeared in the 4th qtr and had 5 TOs.

...and guess what as bad as KVH was Tim Thomas was worse. Thats saying something.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/4/2004  3:42 AM
I don't think TT is the reason we lost at all.

I think Marbury not being able to guard Sam, way early, Garnett going crazy, despite good KT defense, us having no low post defense besides KT, Sweetney missing some free throws, and us not having Houston to hit clutch shots were some of the reasons why we lost. We had nobody who could hit a clutch J today. Jamal dissapeared in the 2nd half on the offensive end. He was aggresive, but he just couldn't find it.

Blaming TT on this loss is very unthought of. There were a million reasons, and TT was really not part of it.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
simrud
USA
11/4/2004  5:29 AM
Did you even watch the game man? Thomas was easily the worst player on the floor on both teams when he was in. Not only was he terrible on offense, where he would not stop shooting despite not being able to throw into the ocean, but every time he would miss, his man would get a transition bucket. He also got taken to school by Wally in the 1st quarter. Not to mention that whoever he guarded went of every time. He was guarding Spree when he had his only good strech.

Listing the fact that Marbury coul not guard Cassel is not a good reason. Cassel alwasy owns the Knicks, we knew he was gonna get his, just like KG. They did what they always do. The game changer was TT taking up valuable minutes with his terrible no heart pathetic display of awful basketball.
simrud
USA
11/4/2004  5:31 AM
Also, I did not know aggressive means taking terrible fadeaway jumpers to cap of your drive to the bucket, not getting to the charity stripe, and lookin like you could care less on defense.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/4/2004  5:56 AM
Posted by simrud:

Did you even watch the game man? Thomas was easily the worst player on the floor on both teams when he was in. Not only was he terrible on offense, where he would not stop shooting despite not being able to throw into the ocean, but every time he would miss, his man would get a transition bucket. He also got taken to school by Wally in the 1st quarter. Not to mention that whoever he guarded went of every time. He was guarding Spree when he had his only good strech.

Listing the fact that Marbury coul not guard Cassel is not a good reason. Cassel alwasy owns the Knicks, we knew he was gonna get his, just like KG. They did what they always do. The game changer was TT taking up valuable minutes with his terrible no heart pathetic display of awful basketball.

That was the game in a nutshell. Lenny did limit him and I'm sure if he could he wouldn't have started him if he knew Timmy was gonna play like that.

He looks uninspired, period. Like he is thinking about what he's gonna do after the game......Geez man....Even Big Dog Robinson would have had at least 8 rebs and 3 assists.

Maybe that could be the sleeper trade. Timmy for Big Dog. Big Dog has been hurt and he has a "i could care less approach". At least he will score on you and pick up 7-8 rebounds.....Big Dog is a killer also. Timmy ain't no killer. Neither one could give a shyt about defense so this could work....

And then I went into rehab......I can't believe I wasted time writing that.

[Edited by - enyspree on 11/04/2004 05:59:16]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/4/2004  6:32 AM
Posted by Andrew:

...oh and cangrats to you simrud. You get the first Over-reaction Thread Award of the 2004 season.

Speaking of which, where is BRIGGS?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/4/2004  7:01 AM
Hey! I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but looking at the stats, I can easily say that TT droped an egg. All great players know that when their shots are not falling, they have to use their ultimate skills to get points. TT didn't attack the basket, and as a result we endedup losing the game. He is an excellent foul shooter, and he didn't go to the line not once during the game, and that in my opinion is absurd. I like the guy, but if he is not going to bring it this season, I will very happy to see him traded. I am a big fan of this cat, and I have been waiting patiently to see this dude explode.
3/13 in 23 minutes played with no foul shots is not good. I am sure that he will hear it from Lenny or Isiah. You never know, maybe the next game we will see a totally different player on the court. The problem is this, why can't he be consistent?
The true Knickabocker..........
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/4/2004  9:05 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Hey! I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but looking at the stats, I can easily say that TT droped an egg. All great players know that when their shots are not falling, they have to use their ultimate skills to get points. TT didn't attack the basket, and as a result we endedup losing the game. He is an excellent foul shooter, and he didn't go to the line not once during the game, and that in my opinion is absurd. I like the guy, but if he is not going to bring it this season, I will very happy to see him traded. I am a big fan of this cat, and I have been waiting patiently to see this dude explode.
3/13 in 23 minutes played with no foul shots is not good. I am sure that he will hear it from Lenny or Isiah. You never know, maybe the next game we will see a totally different player on the court. The problem is this, why can't he be consistent?

Diderot, when I saw this thread, I was sure that you'd have a post
supporting TT. But I'm glad to see you can be reasonable and call
a spade, a spade. Thank you.
OasisBU
Member: #257
USA
11/4/2004  9:27 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Haha its only game one and he already gets it for the season?

I agree though, big time over-reaction. TT isnt a star but he is a decent player. Personally I would rather see Arize blossom and have a shot at ROTY???? Trade TT while you can get something for him because if a 19 year old can outplay him he is worthless.

No doubt TT can contribute but I think Thomas should ship him and KT possibly to get someone at the 5 spot that can help the team.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/4/2004  9:30 AM
Dude! Believe it or not, I am a fan of the game before I am a fanatic. I call it like it is. I know that dude has mad skills, but his inconsistencies so far are killing me. for a guy to play 23 minutes and took about 13 shots and only made 3 of them is unacceptable in my book. Worst of all, he didn't even go to the line once. When I compare Ariza's stats to his, I notice a huge disparity between the two. Dude only took 8 shots, and he made 4 of them with 1 rebound extra than TT. I am glad that Lenny yanked him off the court. This type of lackluster performance should no longer be tolerated, and I hope that he got the message last night. I am smelling a Michael Redd (Ariza) repeating in N.Y

Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

Diderot, when I saw this thread, I was sure that you'd have a post
supporting TT. But I'm glad to see you can be reasonable and call
a spade, a spade. Thank you.
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/4/2004  9:57 AM
the great thing about this team is that when tim's shot isn't falling or he's not playing well, lenny has no problem putting ariza in there and letting him play. we are deep and we're taking advantage of it.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
11/4/2004  10:09 AM
Tim definitely did not have a good game- you saw flashes of good play out of him- before you kill him for a lack of consistency, give him and everyone else some time to develop some chemistry.

If we're still getting these kinds of games out of Tim in 10 to 15 games, then yea- its inconsistency and I wouldn't mind Big Dog in a trade.

we needed one more person to stand up- and Tim Thomas, Nazr and Hardway were a combined 6 of 24- Shandon Anderson could have done that!
Tim Thomas is garbage!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy