[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
11/2/2004  4:36 PM
With all the talk about what big man the Knicks could potentailly go for i just thought I would mention that Nene is already the odd man out in Denver. I know he is the first big off the bench but he is far more talented than that and it is almost a certainty to me that he will bolt denver for a starting job aand more money once he gets the chance. Denver won't sign him back due to the fact that he will get way more on the open market than they would be willing to offer to remain their back up 4/5.

So if ur denver why not trade him to New york for someone like kt, who would be a great presence off the bench for them. He would add expirience and a decent outside jumper for a big man. He also will guarantee them that they don't end up losing Nene for nothing in free agency. Nene would give the knicks incredible athletism and DEFENSE. Just imagine down the line hoe good Sweetney and Nene could be. I know a lot of people might look at the players involved and say that denver would never give up a guy like Nene for someone like kurt but i think given the situation there is a chance they might.

thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
vdfebduderocks
Member: #752
11/2/2004  5:10 PM
i'd love to trade for Nene, but not for KT. Trade him for Mohammed or a guard/small forward. They don't need KT or another forward. They need veteran role players. Trade our role players at the guard and small forward, but not KT. We need him for D. But if they accept Baker, I'll take that.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/2/2004  5:18 PM
Posted by vdfebduderocks:

i'd love to trade for Nene, but not for KT. Trade him for Mohammed or a guard/small forward. They don't need KT or another forward. They need veteran role players. Trade our role players at the guard and small forward, but not KT. We need him for D. But if they accept Baker, I'll take that.

You know they won't do that. Kiki has proven he'd talk to anybody but he won't make a move just to make one. I think he really would do a Nene for KT trade.....

Thing about that is Nene is immature in a sense that he isn't working as hard as he should to get better.

We've talked about this before.......Nene to me is the quickest big man i ever seen. He needs to apply this quickness and the power he has and develop some post moves. To me he could be the hardest big man to guard if he would work at it.

That is when Aguirre and the rest of the Knicks coaching staff come in. I could see Aguirre getting in a fight with Nene though. Aguirre don't play when it comes to basketball. Nene doesn't see coachable and if mouths off at Aguirre he could get hurt.

Nene is on the list though as far as young big man candidates.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/2/2004  11:53 PM
No way would Denver trade Nene for Kurt
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/3/2004  1:16 AM
i'd do nene for Kurt in a heart beat
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/3/2004  9:15 AM
I suspect Nene will be available when his rookie deal is up, but not until them. Den is committed to Kmart, Camby and I'm sure Melo will get his cash. Dre Miller isnt cheap either, so I suspect Nene could be had for cheap prospects and or draft picks.

I could see something like Ariza, the rights to whoever we draft and Nazr's expiring deal for Nene. Denver might be under the cap so it could work that way.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
raven
Member: #316
Canada
11/3/2004  10:28 AM
ariza will soon be close to untouchable on our roster.

you simply don't trade a SF that can get 9 rbds in a game. Ariza is a shawn marion in the making.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/5/2004  2:48 AM
Following up on a point made on another thread, although the general rule is to always trade big for small, I wouldn't trade Crawford or Ariza for Nene.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/5/2004  8:12 AM
Posted by Rich:

Following up on a point made on another thread, although the general rule is to always trade big for small, I wouldn't trade Crawford or Ariza for Nene.

You mean the other way around right...small for big.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2004  9:18 AM

Leonard was not a team maker. Denver need not panic and trade NENE. They will be just fine, they are deep and have pieces to use without trading away a cornerstone.

IN fantasy ball you trade on a dime, but teams don't make franchise moves because one 2 guard is out.

If they do, you trade Craw without a thought. Ariza one might have to think about. He is hypeed too high to be objective.

Craw can't be moved until December. By then Denver will have figured out what it will do. I think Isiah would lose face if he traded Craw so soon. Can't reqruit a guy and tell him he is a part of the future then trade him 1/3rd into the season.
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
11/5/2004  10:20 AM
i just woke up so go easy on this one

cleveland trades wagner and harris
cleveland gets kurt thomas

denver trades nene and lenard
denver gets wagner and harris

ny trades kurt thomas
ny gets nene and lenard

cleveland then starts kt at pf
c-z
pf-kurt
sf-gooden
sg-lebron
pg-mcinnis

denver gets their 2 guard
c-camby
pf-kmart
sf-carmelo
sg-wagner or harris
pg-dre

knicks
c-nene, nazr, baker
pf-sweets, haislip, jyd
sf-TT, ariza, jyd
sg-houston, crawford, penny
pg-steph, crawford, brewer
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/5/2004  10:23 AM
Cleveland would never do this, because Gooden is a PF. Get this straight, this kid's game has suffered considerably when they play him as a SF.
The true Knickabocker..........
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/5/2004  5:49 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Rich:

You mean the other way around right...small for big.

My bad.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy