Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/3/2021  7:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Kemet wrote:After watching the 5th awful Knicks postseason game ....

Burks, Bullocks, Taj, and D.Rose are KEEPERS !!!
Noel got to go!
Barrett must be traded on draft night.
Randle could be traded in the offseason.
And we need to hire an assistant coach like Nate McMillan in the offseason !!!

So you’d keep the role players but trade the 2 top players. You realize we build role players around stars and not stars around role players, right?

But hey, if we take the next step without mortgaging everything, I’m down.

I'm not convinced RJ will ever be a star and I'm open to putting him in a package to obtain one. I'm not saying RJ has to go, but the front office needs to decide what direction it's going. Do they keep chasing after postseason glory or do they realize this team has a lot of issues and isn't worth investing heavy resources in at this time? I say they hold tight, punt on next season and see what opens up.

I’m not convinced RJ will be a star either. It bothers me that he misses so many shots around the rim, despite that being his strength.

I was talking about how we shouldn’t be looking to make decisions on role players before stars.

BTW, I am not convinced about keeping Rose. I greatly appreciate him but he’s a 6th man at most and under Thibs, he would totally become a starter. Him and Randle don’t really mix. You need a pass first PG with Randle and most certainly someone that can lead the break.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/3/2021  9:25 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Kemet wrote:After watching the 5th awful Knicks postseason game ....

Burks, Bullocks, Taj, and D.Rose are KEEPERS !!!
Noel got to go!
Barrett must be traded on draft night.
Randle could be traded in the offseason.
And we need to hire an assistant coach like Nate McMillan in the offseason !!!

So you’d keep the role players but trade the 2 top players. You realize we build role players around stars and not stars around role players, right?

But hey, if we take the next step without mortgaging everything, I’m down.

I'm not convinced RJ will ever be a star and I'm open to putting him in a package to obtain one. I'm not saying RJ has to go, but the front office needs to decide what direction it's going. Do they keep chasing after postseason glory or do they realize this team has a lot of issues and isn't worth investing heavy resources in at this time? I say they hold tight, punt on next season and see what opens up.

I’m not convinced RJ will be a star either. It bothers me that he misses so many shots around the rim, despite that being his strength.

I was talking about how we shouldn’t be looking to make decisions on role players before stars.

BTW, I am not convinced about keeping Rose. I greatly appreciate him but he’s a 6th man at most and under Thibs, he would totally become a starter. Him and Randle don’t really mix. You need a pass first PG with Randle and most certainly someone that can lead the break.

I agree. As with anything, it comes down to price. Rose needs to come off the bench. I'm not sure he's physically capable of playing heavy minutes as a starter. It would be nice if Luka came in and took the starting position, but that's not a realistic expectation. That said, D Rose is the only player we have who can consistently creat his own shot. I guess you can through Burks in there as well. If you get rid of Rose, how do you replace his shot creation.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Playoff Gamethread #5: Still Believe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy