[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Playoff Gamethread #5: Still Believe
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

6/2/2021  5:33 PM
fishmike wrote:We have shot for ****... we can bounce back. Every time we have struggled this year we have bounced back with fire.

Doesn't need to be any finger pointing. The team has not played well, the team has shot terribly and they can turn all that around and I think they will, they have all year. I wish I was there to give them a standing O and urge them on

When D.Rose join the Knicks, the Knicks had a 11-15 record.
D.Rose came off the bench as a Knicks in regular season.
The Knicks 2nd unit lineup, lead by D.Rose always BOUNCED back to keep the Knicks in the game.
However, the Knicks announcers, writers, and head-coach always gave the success of a win to Randle, or Barrett, or coach Thibs. In the postseason Knicks win in Game-2 the Knicks finally gave D.Rose all the credit for the win, when Bullocks & Burks 4th quarter performance were outstanding in increasing the one point lead the 2nd unit bench players gave us.
Recall .. Barrett received NO playing-time in the 4th quarter of Game-2 WIN !!!

AUTOADVERT
Kemet

6/2/2021  5:42 PM
Nalod wrote:Love the confidence, Yes.
Seems we are a bit poser on this series. Fake ass knick fans acting the fool is not the real deal.
Tough guy thing did not work. Knicks did not intimidate the hawks.
I like RJ’s resolve but calling out berman (who I don’t love) out when he knows damn well he has a job to do in that manner was not becoming.
All I can say is we better win because all this talk is spitting in the wind if they don’t back it up. In a few days it all blows over and we can go back to “We need a star” or stop our feet hissy fit to “I want Cade! We DESERVE CADE”..........and the simple
“Throw in IQ as a sweetener” to make it happen!

I’m human, 1-3 its not a question of wanting to believe. I’m not confident. Don’t make me a bad fan. I’m not getting paid. I’m watching, I’m cheering and will continue until its over. Either tonite or when they hoist a chip, I’m cheering!!!!

Remember when Spurs hip checked Nash and beat the suns? That was tough basketball. That was resolve over talent. I expect a Thibs team to show some of that but not with words, but deeds. Still have to put the ball in the basket.

You could be upset over a disgusting Knick fan spitting on a player in MSG.
But u cant get upset bout Knicks fans comment after watching Game-3 and Game-4
In the 2nd half of both games the Knicks team showed they don't belong in the playoffs !!!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/2/2021  5:56 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/2/2021  6:10 PM
I don't believe. It's been too hard watching them just outmatched and I don't think Atlanta is that much better than us. Yes, Trae Young is the kind of talent you want in the playoffs - someone that can penetrate, get off their own shoot. Our players have struggled. Randle & RJ must be thinking about winning all of the games the Knicks never got to play in the playoffs in the past. I hope however this ends, they come back stronger next year. I hope our front office doesn't fall in love with guys, don't make mistakes in the off season and think we're one move away, and we trade a bunch of young talent for Jimmy Johnson and his contract.

It's been frustrating because as much as this team may have over achieved this year, they have under achieved this series against the Hawks.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/2/2021  6:28 PM
Kemet wrote:
Seems we are a bit poser on this series. Fake ass knick fans acting the fool is not the real deal.
I like RJ’s resolve but calling out berman (who I don’t love) out when he knows damn well he has a job to do in that manner was not becoming.
All I can say is we better win because all this talk is spitting in the wind if they don’t back it up. In a few days it all blows over and we can go back to “We need a star” or stop our feet hissy fit to “I want Cade! We DESERVE CADE”..........and the simple

I’m human, 1-3 its not a question of wanting to believe. I’m not confident. Don’t make me a bad fan. I’m not getting paid. I’m watching, I’m cheering and will continue until its over. Either tonite or when they hoist a chip, I’m cheering!!!!

Remember when Spurs hip checked Nash and beat the suns? That was tough basketball. That was resolve over talent. I expect a Thibs team to show some of that but not with words, but deeds. Still have to put the ball in the basket.

In the 2nd half of both games the Knicks team showed they don't belong in the playoffs !!!

Lol false the Knicks most definitely deserve to be in the playoffs we finished 10 games over 500 . We finished with the same record as the hawks and swept them in the regular season. Julius Randle had a fantastic season. Just cause he has a off series so far we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs??? I guess the bucks never deserved to be in the playoffs till this year lol dude come on I understand being upset about the past two games and our players under performance, missing shots we normally make.. but to say we aren’t a playoff team come on dog you better get used to it because this team is good and only going to get better we’ll be in the playoffs next year as long as are core players healthy.

If you can’t get excited about this team and the future of this franchise what more do you want? This is a great time to be a fan!

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
6/2/2021  6:34 PM
Thibs going with Rose as a starter. I have no words. That means Bullock will be guarding Trae. That means Bullock will not have a positive shooting night. That also means that our bench will not have an easy time scoring. Unless Burks channels his inner Kobe again. Which was not enough for game 1. Damn it. We need a hero. Not Randle, not RJ. To win this we need a hero from the bench. Quickley or Obi. Today is the day for them to shine the brightest.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
ramtour420
Russian Federation
6/2/2021  6:36 PM
I just want us to keep it close till 5 minutes in the 4th. That's all I ask.
fitzfarm

6/2/2021  6:46 PM
Thibs will have a shorter rope today and play the guys who are hot … I’d rather see burks start and force young to actually play defense. We need to force young to actually play defense not just sit with bullock in the corner or around the three point line. Playing vs bullock gives young all the energy to play balls to the wall on offense
Kemet

6/2/2021  7:12 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:

Lol false the Knicks most definitely deserve to be in the playoffs we finished 10 games over 500 . We finished with the same record as the hawks and swept them in the regular season. Julius Randle had a fantastic season. Just cause he has a off series so far we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs??? I guess the bucks never deserved to be in the playoffs till this year lol dude come on I understand being upset about the past two games and our players under performance, missing shots we normally make.. but to say we aren’t a playoff team come on dog you better get used to it because this team is good and only going to get better we’ll be in the playoffs next year as long as are core players healthy.

If you can’t get excited about this team and the future of this franchise what more do you want? This is a great time to be a fan!

I give the Knicks team BIG-PROPS for their success in the regular season ..
Thibs did not experiment during the regular season.
D.Rose & Taj Gibson guidance in the 2nd unit bench players provided 40 to 50 points off the bench.
And their DEFENSE were outstanding.

In both games in Atlanta, the Knicks performance in the 2nd half of each game put a capital A in awful.
In all 4 games our Knicks performance look like the previous season Knicks.

Game-5 could turn out to be another Thibs experimental-mystery for Knicks fans .. But not for the Hawks fans, coach Nate had a Game-Plan for all 4 games.
They say the TRUTH hurts .... Our Knicks has become a winning regular season team, but the postseason .....

fitzfarm

6/2/2021  7:39 PM
Kemet wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Kemet wrote:

I give the Knicks team BIG-PROPS for their success in the regular season ..
Thibs did not experiment during the regular season.
D.Rose & Taj Gibson guidance in the 2nd unit bench players provided 40 to 50 points off the bench.
And their DEFENSE were outstanding.

In both games in Atlanta, the Knicks performance in the 2nd half of each game put a capital A in awful.
In all 4 games our Knicks performance look like the previous season Knicks.

Game-5 could turn out to be another Thibs experimental-mystery for Knicks fans .. But not for the Hawks fans, coach Nate had a Game-Plan for all 4 games.
They say the TRUTH hurts .... Our Knicks has become a winning regular season team, but the postseason .....

I hear you, learning to win in the postseason is a process esp when your star player is a PF. Love rose but you can’t expect him to carry a team at his age and health record he’s a fire power off the bench though . Hopefully thibs makes trey play some defense tonight .

ramtour420
Russian Federation
6/2/2021  7:46 PM
Regie Miller :(
ramtour420
Russian Federation
6/2/2021  7:46 PM
Damn it
ramtour420
Russian Federation
6/2/2021  7:47 PM
Marv will carry us !!
ScoreBot
6/2/2021  7:48 PM
Q1 10:31
NYK 0 ATL 4
ScoreBot
6/2/2021  7:50 PM
Q1 8:48
NYK 3 ATL 8
ScoreBot
6/2/2021  7:52 PM
Q1 7:26
NYK 10 ATL 10
ScoreBot
6/2/2021  7:54 PM
Q1 6:15
NYK 10 ATL 13
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
This starting lineup is broken.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
Worried about Randle. Looks uninterested on defense today.
ramtour420
Russian Federation
6/2/2021  7:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2021  7:56 PM
ScoreBot wrote:
Q1 7:26
NYK 10 ATL 10

Showing signs of life!

Playoff Gamethread #5: Still Believe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy