[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Playoff Gamethread #5: Still Believe
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/2/2021  11:09 AM
We have shot for ****... we can bounce back. Every time we have struggled this year we have bounced back with fire.

Doesn't need to be any finger pointing. The team has not played well, the team has shot terribly and they can turn all that around and I think they will, they have all year. I wish I was there to give them a standing O and urge them on

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

6/2/2021  11:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2021  11:23 AM
fishmike wrote:We have shot for ****... we can bounce back. Every time we have struggled this year we have bounced back with fire.

Doesn't need to be any finger pointing. The team has not played well, the team has shot terribly and they can turn all that around and I think they will, they have all year. I wish I was there to give them a standing O and urge them on

+1!!!

How many times this season did we go into a rough stretch and fall a few games under .500 and the folks pulled out the pitch forks only to have us start winning again. We've been resilient all season. This ain't over. Win tonight. Figure out a way to win one in ATL. The collar suddenly gets a little tight for the Hawks in game seven.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/2/2021  11:32 AM
agree 100%. let's go
(5)(5)
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
6/2/2021  11:41 AM
Really need to get a great game to get it going. We lost to the hawks because we zoned out for 2 minute stretches, it reminded me of our game in phx.

If we play a great game in game 5 and carry it over to game 6, we have a shot as anything can happen in game 7

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/2/2021  12:00 PM
unstopaball12 wrote:Really need to get a great game to get it going. We lost to the hawks because we zoned out for 2 minute stretches, it reminded me of our game in phx.

If we play a great game in game 5 and carry it over to game 6, we have a shot as anything can happen in game 7

Vildoza and Dmitch can come out of the tunnel!!!!

foosballnick
Member: #3148

6/2/2021  12:12 PM
fishmike wrote:We have shot for ****... we can bounce back. Every time we have struggled this year we have bounced back with fire.

Margin is slim but it can be done. If they hit their shots tonight, everything changes - including confidence.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/2/2021  12:20 PM
foosballnick wrote:

Margin is slim but it can be done. If they hit their shots tonight, everything changes - including confidence.

could not agree more. Especially the confidence
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/2/2021  12:33 PM
I haven't been as pumped for a post-season NBA game in this century. It's all part of the building blocks of title contention...win OR lose...it does not matter. Tonight it's about character building and reaching deep. Let's see how it goes.

One win, followed by one more, and it's game 7.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/2/2021  12:37 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/2/2021  12:51 PM
Berm.... trying his worst

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/2/2021  1:09 PM

We're outgunned, outmatched and being mocked by a Hawks team that thinks it's got us beat- I'd love to shut them all up and send them running back home

Let's mother-f***ing go!

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
6/2/2021  1:10 PM
Moonangie wrote:I haven't been as pumped for a post-season NBA game in this century. It's all part of the building blocks of title contention...win OR lose...it does not matter. Tonight it's about character building and reaching deep. Let's see how it goes.

One win, followed by one more, and it's game 7.

I am the type of person who likes to find the silver lining in everything. So I am with you. This season we have already accomplished more than we were supposed to. It was a good stepping stone. To be perfectly honest I did not expect us to get out of the first round weeks before playoffs started. Because of our only one way to attack and the lack of offensive variety ( plays). In the playoffs your best ( in our case only) way to score gets targeted and you need a countermove. I have posted about it back then. I am not upset, I still love Thibs. But I can see where we can grow as a team and I can see where he can grow as a coach. Do I want to win this series? No, I am not thinking about that. I just want to steal another game from Trae on our home court. It might be too much to ask for the team to do what they have not done the whole season ( offensive variety) but if our shots fall just a little closer to our season average and maybe the Hawks relax just a little we can squeeze out another win.
One win.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/2/2021  1:39 PM
The crowd will be electric, let’s give it to the hawks like they’ve never seen … we should boo them chant them every time they touch the ball!!! LETS GO!!!
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/2/2021  2:35 PM
No spitting or bottle throwing please!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/2/2021  4:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2021  4:02 PM
Well being down 3 to 1 has been disheartening to say the least, but I feel more disheartened by fans; both behaving badly in the arena and crapping on our players and coach on this board. Win or lose I'd like to see fans show some substance. But we are winning.
fitzfarm

6/2/2021  4:52 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Well being down 3 to 1 has been disheartening to say the least, but I feel more disheartened by fans; both behaving badly in the arena and crapping on our players and coach on this board. Win or lose I'd like to see fans show some substance. But we are winning.

Agreed it’s been a great season, a great awakening form the depths of misery, bad coaches, bad management, the Knicks are finally back and I haven’t felt this good about the future since the Ewing era . The Knicks are back!! We have a young up and coming star in randle not worried about his bad start to the playoffs guy is getting doubled like crazy he’ll learn how to play like the Greek freak adjusted .

Barrett is 20 and is a fantastic core player with potential stardom if he keeps improving.

Great role players in IQ, OBI, Rose,Burks, Mitch.

For once I trust this FO to keep the right players and build through the draft and wait for the right free agent piece .

This series ain’t over let’s kick the sh it out of these hawks!

Kemet
Member: #6148

6/2/2021  5:05 PM
martin wrote:Berm.... trying his worst

Has Barrett seen his postseason stats LOL
The only thing Barrett & Randle could guarantee .. is a couple of turn-overs going down the stretch of game.
Barrett & Randle has succumb to average role-players performance in the 4 postseason games.

fitzfarm

6/2/2021  5:13 PM
Kemet wrote:
martin wrote:Berm.... trying his worst

Has Barrett seen his postseason stats LOL
The only thing Barrett & Randle could guarantee .. is a couple of turn-overs going down the stretch of game.
Barrett & Randle has succumb to average role-players performance in the 4 postseason games.

New game, new life don’t be such a downer bro. I love the confidence let’s win !!

Kemet
Member: #6148

6/2/2021  5:14 PM
I'm bewildered .. Coach Thibs did not look at the Knicks 2nd half performance in Game-2 ..
If he did, then he wouldn't have put Taj & Rose in the starting lineup in Game-3.
All season the Knicks 2nd unit lineup (D.Rose, Burks, Taj, Obi, and IQ) has been creative to out-score 65% of their opponents like they did to the Hawks 13 point lead in the 3rd quarter in Game-2.

I guess it don't look good when your 2nd unit leader D.Rose bench lineup, keep out shining your all-star Randle's starter lineup.
If you didn't or couldn't put D.Rose in the starting lineup during the regular season, why would u change up in the 3rd postseason game when your 1-1 in the series ???
And Taj Gibson built a great chemistry throughout the 72 game season with the 2nd unit bench lineup, why-why would u put Taj in the starter lineup in the 3rd playoff game? When Taj & Rose regroup the 2nd unit bench-players (Burks, Obi, and IQ) to over-come the Hawks 13 pt lead to give the Knicks the lead plus win Game-2, when all the starters were awful the first half ???
Look like a inside CONSPIRACY rotation in Game-3 and Game-4 !!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/2/2021  5:25 PM
Love the confidence, Yes.
Seems we are a bit poser on this series. Fake ass knick fans acting the fool is not the real deal.
Tough guy thing did not work. Knicks did not intimidate the hawks.
I like RJ’s resolve but calling out berman (who I don’t love) out when he knows damn well he has a job to do in that manner was not becoming.
All I can say is we better win because all this talk is spitting in the wind if they don’t back it up. In a few days it all blows over and we can go back to “We need a star” or stop our feet hissy fit to “I want Cade! We DESERVE CADE”..........and the simple
“Throw in IQ as a sweetener” to make it happen!

I’m human, 1-3 its not a question of wanting to believe. I’m not confident. Don’t make me a bad fan. I’m not getting paid. I’m watching, I’m cheering and will continue until its over. Either tonite or when they hoist a chip, I’m cheering!!!!

Remember when Spurs hip checked Nash and beat the suns? That was tough basketball. That was resolve over talent. I expect a Thibs team to show some of that but not with words, but deeds. Still have to put the ball in the basket.

Playoff Gamethread #5: Still Believe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy