[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jamal Crawford or Jason Terry?
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/2/2004  12:02 PM
I think Terry is better so if he is comming off the bench in Dallas then so can Crawford and be very effective. When Houston returns start him and use Crawford as back up SG and PG. Penny as the backup SG/SF and Ariza as backup SF. Crawford can still get his 30+ minutes that way while Houston gets around 28min which will only be good for him and Penny and Ariza around 15-24min a piece.

The only problem is..what will be our backcourt for the 4th quarter? I think Crawford will be on the bench because you need Houston on the floor for the 4th quarter and Jamal's defense is problably not good enough to get him on the floor.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/02/2004 12:04:06]
AUTOADVERT
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
11/2/2004  12:32 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think Terry is better so if he is comming off the bench in Dallas then so can Crawford and be very effective. When Houston returns start him and use Crawford as back up SG and PG. Penny as the backup SG/SF and Ariza as backup SF. Crawford can still get his 30+ minutes that way while Houston gets around 28min which will only be good for him and Penny and Ariza around 15-24min a piece.

The only problem is..what will be our backcourt for the 4th quarter? I think Crawford will be on the bench because you need Houston on the floor for the 4th quarter and Jamal's defense is problably not good enough to get him on the floor.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/02/2004 12:04:06]

Whoever has played the best game, should be in on the 4th quarter. Its good to have options. Id like to see A Houston come off the bench, Ariza get alot of minutes and Penny play well enough to be traded in mid season for some front court help.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2004  12:37 PM
I actually like Houston coming off the bench for one reason. Houston will give you instant offense but still take quality shots. I'm afraid if Jamal is a 6th man he's going to come into games with the mentality of scoring right away, and as we know this is when his shot selection goes from suspect to bad.

Either way I dont think its a big deal. Somebody is getting a minutes crunch... no ifs or buts. I dont know if its Houston, Crawford, Penny, Ariza or TT... but one of them will take a hit.

We will see... my gut is Lenny just goes with the hot hand and the better matchup for that night
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/2/2004  1:33 PM
i like JC off the bench because he can play either PG or SG, so he makes the perfect 6th man to have.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
11/2/2004  1:34 PM
Posted by TMS:

i like JC off the bench because he can play either PG or SG, so he makes the perfect 6th man to have.

I agree..that's what I'm saying!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/2/2004  1:45 PM
this is my ideal Knick rotation:

C - KT / Nazr / Baker
PF - Sweetney / JYD
SF - TT / Ariza / Shandon (non-existant roster spot)
SG - Houston / Penny
PG - Marbury / Crawford
IR - Moochie / Brewer / Sundov
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/2/2004  1:48 PM
I want jamal on the bench with someone talking to him. There is a lot to learn for him and his shot selection.

His time will come, hes not getting paid to sit. I want alan back in to start. Jamal can see the pace of the game and either get in it, or change it.

Kwazimodal
Member: #728
11/2/2004  1:49 PM
Id rather have Houston coming off the bench as well but I would be concerned about Houston getting enough touches to get into a rhythm.He has been a starter for so many years.You never know how he will adjust to having fewer FGAs.Not his willingness to come off the bench but how his game would be affected.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
11/2/2004  10:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I actually like Houston coming off the bench for one reason. Houston will give you instant offense but still take quality shots. I'm afraid if Jamal is a 6th man he's going to come into games with the mentality of scoring right away, and as we know this is when his shot selection goes from suspect to bad.

Either way I dont think its a big deal. Somebody is getting a minutes crunch... no ifs or buts. I dont know if its Houston, Crawford, Penny, Ariza or TT... but one of them will take a hit.

We will see... my gut is Lenny just goes with the hot hand and the better matchup for that night
good point fish. i think he may do that at first, but he'll realize quickly that there will be no need for that due to the fact that he'll be getting more than enough minutes by playing both positions. the toughest part will be to get used to playing both spots and possibly guarding a diferent player every other time down the floor. sometimes a 6'0 guard, sometimes a 6'6 2guard.
Jamal Crawford or Jason Terry?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy