[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Playoff Game #3 Thread: Knicks travel to Atlanta, 7pm TNT, MSG
Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
5/28/2021  9:52 PM
MS wrote:We just sucked. It’s not that they were a handful. Guys lost there men a couple times on pick and roles and no one could hit anything tonight.

How ****ing hard is it to post up Trae Young? And why haven’t we dropped him yet? Talking way to
much!

Posting up is a lost art in the current NBA. RJ could try but unfortunately it's like the least used part of his game for some reason. Randle is the only guy on our team that posts up and I don't think you meant that
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/28/2021  9:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
PresIke wrote:So who's the signing you make this summer now that you'r seeing this?

Can Lonzo and DRose play together?

Is he even the ideal answer?

I don't see Lonzo making a difference this series. We need someone who can create in the half-court. I don't see any viable options this year in FA.

A legit defender at PG this series would not make a diff? What?

Lonzo is stopping Trae? Not happening. And really, six or seven more points in the second quarter and we're still in this. We need one more scorer.

Stop? Lol, this is not the 90ties. Just frustrate a little

Throw a few lobs yo Obi on the break. You know , stuff like that

I just looked up their head to head stats on land of basketball. I don't even see Lonzo frustrating Trae.

You are not gonna stop Trae, especially with the rules the way they are now. He is like all these smaller quick PG's with crazy range. You need to make him work on D.

Someone said Dame is their dream scenario?

Mine is Donovan Mitchell from Utah.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

5/28/2021  9:59 PM
MS wrote:
How ****ing hard is it to post up Trae Young?

There was a play in the 4th Burks was posting up Trae and instead of use his size advantage he takes a turnaround fadeaway and missed. Take it to the hoop my guy?! Geez...

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/28/2021  10:00 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
MS wrote:We just sucked. It’s not that they were a handful. Guys lost there men a couple times on pick and roles and no one could hit anything tonight.

How ****ing hard is it to post up Trae Young? And why haven’t we dropped him yet? Talking way to
much!

Posting up is a lost art in the current NBA. RJ could try but unfortunately it's like the least used part of his game for some reason. Randle is the only guy on our team that posts up and I don't think you meant that

This is fair. We have done nothing to exploit Young defensively.

Sambakick

5/28/2021  10:02 PM
I get that Randle has been bad this series but I don't get why fans are calling him out like he is back to previous year's Randle. The man is allowed to struggle and still not have his entire game called into question. The entire Hawks gameplan has been focused on stopping him. If we had someone else other than Rose step up we could take advantage.
WP76
Member: #4508

5/28/2021  10:03 PM
My dream scenario is Karl Anthony Towns and Devin Booker.

First, I know it'd never happen and I'm sure there are reams of analytics that'd tell me it's a bad idea.

That said, we've got Noel, Randle, and IQ from Kentucky on the team. Why not add two more?

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
5/28/2021  10:08 PM
Sambakick wrote:
MS wrote:

There was a play in the 4th Burks was posting up Trae and instead of use his size advantage he takes a turnaround fadeaway and missed. Take it to the hoop my guy?! Geez...

Alec just doesn't have a take it strong to the hoop post move. At all. He is a finesse player that can take it hard to the basket but only when driving downhill. The rest of the time with defender in front of him he stops and fades away or passes. For a wing player in today's NBA that's perfectly fine

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Sambakick

5/28/2021  10:10 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Sambakick wrote:
MS wrote:

Alec just doesn't have a take it strong to the hoop post move. At all. He is a finesse player that can take it hard to the basket but only when driving downhill. The rest of the time with defender in front of him he stops and fades away or passes. For a wing player in today's NBA that's perfectly fine

He needs to add that to his game. People on this board wanna double his salary next year. He's gotta show he can take the weakest defender in the league in the post.

MS
Member: #724
5/28/2021  10:14 PM
Why are fans giving Randle a hard time?

3 games 3 awful performances.

Sambakick

5/28/2021  11:01 PM
MS wrote:Why are fans giving Randle a hard time?

He hasn't looked good because the entire Hawks defense is geared on stopping him. And yet uhe series is one phantom foul-call from being 2-1 in favor of the Knicks.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/28/2021  11:14 PM
Sambakick wrote:I get that Randle has been bad this series but I don't get why fans are calling him out like he is back to previous year's Randle. The man is allowed to struggle and still not have his entire game called into question. The entire Hawks gameplan has been focused on stopping him. If we had someone else other than Rose step up we could take advantage.

All those good feelings and vibes that those FA's were thinking about NY...see how fast that changes if Julius doesn't perform in at at least multiple of the games left in this series. No one is gonna want to look here if they doubt their top 2nd option can perform in the playoffs.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Clean
Member: #743
5/29/2021  3:33 AM
I don't know why but I got a real good laugh out of this meme.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/29/2021  4:33 AM

I'm sure the Knicks fans "what have you done for me lately" attitude will help- who wouldn't want to play here with fans that turn on you the instant you start struggling?

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

5/29/2021  5:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/29/2021  5:41 AM
This is all to be expected. Typical modus operandi for Thibs teams. He is good in squeezing the utmost effort out of the team in the regular season. But by the time of the playoffs, when other teams step up in intensity, his teams are already gassed.

Now, even this little bit of playoff experience (if we get knocked out by Atlanta) will go a long way for this team and how it is being built for the future. But it shows that effort will get you only so far if you are short on talent. We def need another star and a deeper bench that Thibs would actually utilize.

And the Payton situation was not handled well either. If the guy is underperforming for a level of a playoff team's starting PG, make the change already during the regular season, don't wait to do it under the bright lights of the playoffs. Don't insult the guy more than you need to. I think Elf is a goner by way of Austin and almost certainly Frank. So we are suddenly going from a glut at PG to thinking how much mileage we can still get out of Rose.

At least it gives IQ a good chance.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/29/2021  6:39 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I'm sure the Knicks fans "what have you done for me lately" attitude will help- who wouldn't want to play here with fans that turn on you the instant you start struggling?

Because we are watching Young light it up, even though the Knicks are supposed to be a great defensive team and he also has zero playoff experience. So why can’t Randle at least be a little more productive? As I said before, Randle is not only playing bad but he’s playing worse than Spin-Zone Randle. RJ is playing worse than his rookie season himself.

It’s not a good situation for us.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/29/2021  6:45 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:This is all to be expected. Typical modus operandi for Thibs teams. He is good in squeezing the utmost effort out of the team in the regular season. But by the time of the playoffs, when other teams step up in intensity, his teams are already gassed.

Now, even this little bit of playoff experience (if we get knocked out by Atlanta) will go a long way for this team and how it is being built for the future. But it shows that effort will get you only so far if you are short on talent. We def need another star and a deeper bench that Thibs would actually utilize.

And the Payton situation was not handled well either. If the guy is underperforming for a level of a playoff team's starting PG, make the change already during the regular season, don't wait to do it under the bright lights of the playoffs. Don't insult the guy more than you need to. I think Elf is a goner by way of Austin and almost certainly Frank. So we are suddenly going from a glut at PG to thinking how much mileage we can still get out of Rose.

At least it gives IQ a good chance.

Payton is exactly why I don’t believe in business and loyalty being mixed. They don’t belong together. Elfrid was playing very poorly a long time before this and now I struggle to find an NBA team that will even sign him this Summer.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

5/29/2021  7:19 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Payton is exactly why I don’t believe in business and loyalty being mixed. They don’t belong together. Elfrid was playing very poorly a long time before this and now I struggle to find an NBA team that will even sign him this Summer.

And here you have neither business, nor loyalty. Dressing down the guy before the entire world, then still losing, and getting his Mom all worked up.

MS
Member: #724
5/29/2021  10:00 AM
No one is turning on Julius.

He’s scared. He’s making bad decisions, he has no confidence, he jump passing everything. The Hawks have a couple of good defenders but they shouldn’t be shutting him down.

Obi, can’t look more comfortable than Julius.

Bullock at least got up in his face a bit, but no one hitting Trae hard is a disgrace. He’s generating fouls, talking **** all game. Can’t let him be so comfortable out there.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/29/2021  12:26 PM
I didn't realize we were eliminated last night.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

5/29/2021  1:21 PM
MS wrote:No one is turning on Julius.

He’s scared. He’s making bad decisions, he has no confidence, he jump passing everything. The Hawks have a couple of good defenders but they shouldn’t be shutting him down.

Obi, can’t look more comfortable than Julius.

Bullock at least got up in his face a bit, but no one hitting Trae hard is a disgrace. He’s generating fouls, talking **** all game. Can’t let him be so comfortable out there.

I was saying the same thing to my son about trea. Why doesnt someone knockhim on his ass a few times. do that and hes gonna think about going to the middle instead of just reacting.
Playoff Game #3 Thread: Knicks travel to Atlanta, 7pm TNT, MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy