[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Playoff Game #2 Thread: Knicks host Alt, 730 TNT, MSG
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/26/2021  10:44 PM
ToddTT wrote:Payton can’t be physically right. Even when he was bad he’d get some points in the paint, draw some fouls, play some defense.

Really hoped he’d turn it around. But after tonight I can’t imagine him playing in game 3.

But Thibs has to stop playing Rose so many minutes.

What's the alternative? Try and gamble with Luka? This is it. No time for load management. Every minute counts.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
PresIke
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #33
USA
5/26/2021  11:10 PM
Macri just got to ask a question to Taj...

now THAT is some real gold right there about real Knick fans.

Miss this so much. Man fun times to experience

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

5/26/2021  11:52 PM
MS wrote:Very troubling watching Randle out there. He is shook and shell shocked on his home court. This can’t continue.

Obi and IQ are more ready to go.

Honestly without Rose tonight we were ****ed. Bullock and Burks huge 3s tonight.

Place was rocking tonight. Probably the best crowd I’ve ever seen. Young soccer style energy

Knicks almost won game 1 and did win game 2 despite Randle having 7 of 8 bad quarters. It's actually been a trend since the Lakers game when Anthony Davis got Randle off kilter by just beating him to his spots, like his baseline fadeaway and the jumper off a drive to the middle of the paint. On the road in Atlanta, Randle and RJ have had huge Games going back to last season, they should get it going on the road.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/26/2021  11:59 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
MS wrote:Very troubling watching Randle out there. He is shook and shell shocked on his home court. This can’t continue.

Obi and IQ are more ready to go.

Honestly without Rose tonight we were ****ed. Bullock and Burks huge 3s tonight.

Place was rocking tonight. Probably the best crowd I’ve ever seen. Young soccer style energy

Knicks almost won game 1 and did win game 2 despite Randle having 7 of 8 bad quarters. It's actually been a trend since the Lakers game when Anthony Davis got Randle off kilter by just beating him to his spots, like his baseline fadeaway and the jumper off a drive to the middle of the paint. On the road in Atlanta, Randle and RJ have had huge Games going back to last season, they should get it going on the road.

Good take. The team can exhale. They took ATL's best punch in game one. They know how ATL is going to defend. No more surprises. Just need to take one game to restore home court.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

5/27/2021  12:02 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ToddTT wrote:Payton can’t be physically right. Even when he was bad he’d get some points in the paint, draw some fouls, play some defense.

Really hoped he’d turn it around. But after tonight I can’t imagine him playing in game 3.

What's the alternative? Try and gamble with Luka? This is it. No time for load management. Every minute counts.

39 minutes in a playoff game is different than averaging 39 over a season. They had two days off and then a week off before then so the players are as well rested as can be 3xpected. Fouls and timeouts are longer and more frequent in play off Games so there are also more breaks in in-game action. It seems like the Knicks have found a line up that works and just need to roll with it.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
5/27/2021  6:42 AM
Taj was a +23 in game #2.

Start him at point.

He’s not as young and spry as Rose, so maybe just play him 45 minutes.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/27/2021  7:05 AM
Caught the game late on delay then read thru the game thread.
It was like reading the diary of a bipolar event. The loathing and anger was interesting.

First off if Trae was knick he’d be a hero even in a loss! Kid still hung 30 and perhaps they made a mistake keeping him out a bit late. We all saw what happend, they did make a come back and it felt like game one.
Bogdonavich thankfully became human and they could not do what they did the first game but they were killing us in the first half.

Hats off to thibs who got Barrett out and a line up that did not need miracles but ground it out. The team found its pace late and the passing improved. Barrett was agreesive but a bit delusional. Rose was vintage. Rose is gonna want to get paid.
We’ll worry about that after its all done.

ATL was flat out better than us for a good part of the game. Gallo’s defense was excellent and the double trap in the corner with Capella really was effective. Trae was egged on by the crowd and responded with confidence game one and for game two knicks adjusted and thankfully they did not execute what knicks gave them. THey doubled Trae at times with size and it worked.
If all MSG got is taunting his balding I’d have to say that was pretty weak.
The energy in the arena was awesome and knicks were fueled to grind out a very big win.

First half it was like “We Here, We Swept”..........Great second half. Be nice if Quick can step up a bit more but for now Thibs is gong to ride Rose until he breaks. Dude in post game interview was pretty darn Stoic and defiant about his minutes and his doubters.

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/27/2021  7:45 AM
Wow, what game, no matter how ugly! Thought we were done for at half time. I know people are blasting Randle, but the defensive coverage he's getting is a nightmare- often has two or three very different players on him, guards, long armed SF's and PF's, Capella- made some great passes that team mates just didn't knock down. Was so happy to see Obi have good minutes! Hopefully he can build on the way he's played the last few weeks going into the offseason.

Hawks are tough- like I feared, a lot of 3pt shooters, very versatile, unguardable PG- no idea why people though this was an easy matchup for us.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/27/2021  8:24 AM
smackeddog wrote:Wow, what game, no matter how ugly! Thought we were done for at half time. I know people are blasting Randle, but the defensive coverage he's getting is a nightmare- often has two or three very different players on him, guards, long armed SF's and PF's, Capella- made some great passes that team mates just didn't knock down. Was so happy to see Obi have good minutes! Hopefully he can build on the way he's played the last few weeks going into the offseason.

Hawks are tough- like I feared, a lot of 3pt shooters, very versatile, unguardable PG- no idea why people though this was an easy matchup for us.

Randle is adapting and making plays. Its subtle and hard to watch at times. The crowd and focus on playoffs leading up to this, and The MIP is all great but its not easy for him as they are all “firsts”.
RJ is also uneven but he has had very good moments as well. Last night game he made some rookie mistakes trying to do too much.

If its working Thibs leaves you in. At some point players get tired and he gets them out what seems at times premature but over the course of a season he sees what fatigue does. Rookies make mental errors. Some nights are better than others.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/27/2021  8:55 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I'd start Rose, and maybe give Payton a try off the bench? Maybe that gets Payton out of his funk.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/27/2021  9:01 AM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Wow, what game, no matter how ugly! Thought we were done for at half time. I know people are blasting Randle, but the defensive coverage he's getting is a nightmare- often has two or three very different players on him, guards, long armed SF's and PF's, Capella- made some great passes that team mates just didn't knock down. Was so happy to see Obi have good minutes! Hopefully he can build on the way he's played the last few weeks going into the offseason.

Randle is adapting and making plays. Its subtle and hard to watch at times. The crowd and focus on playoffs leading up to this, and The MIP is all great but its not easy for him as they are all “firsts”.
RJ is also uneven but he has had very good moments as well. Last night game he made some rookie mistakes trying to do too much.

If its working Thibs leaves you in. At some point players get tired and he gets them out what seems at times premature but over the course of a season he sees what fatigue does. Rookies make mental errors. Some nights are better than others.

Our defense really turned it up in the second half that was the X factor … bullock hit his open looks vintage rose and Randle got the monkey off his back…

If I’m the hawks I’m terrified a confident Randle makes us hard to beat.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/27/2021  9:08 AM
franco12 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I'd start Rose, and maybe give Payton a try off the bench? Maybe that gets Payton out of his funk.

I’d rather play any pg on this team other then payton keep elf on the shelf .

We can start rose and give him rests like we did in the fourth through out the game… the fact is our other pg options in quick and burks are just better then Payton overall..thibs gave elf every opportunity to shine it just wasn’t happening and payton was killing our chemistry.

I think most of us would be super upset if elf ever touches the floor again.

xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
5/27/2021  9:30 AM
The series is as tough as I expected. We had two close games and it’s 1-1. But it was all without Randle's usual contribution. I sincerely hope that in the game 3 we will see Randle as he was most of the season.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/27/2021  10:03 AM
They are putting a big guy on Randle on the perimeter (John Collins or Gallo) and generally using Capela as a spy/shadow behind the defender. Julius can try and take the big defender off the dribble but space is clogged after. They need to figure out a way to space the floor better and draw Capela away from Randle instead of letting him spy. Need to space the shooters and maybe Gibson or Noel have to threaten to hit a 12-15 footer occasionally. Randle adjusted better in the 2nd half...has to keep his head up for the pass instead of bulldozing and then the shooting opportunities will come. With the bigger guys on him out on the perimeter its harder to shoot over them for his 3's.
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/27/2021  10:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2021  10:41 AM
Nalod wrote:If all MSG got is taunting his balding I’d have to say that was pretty weak.

I actually thought it was pretty funny. In fact the TNT announcers chuckled when that chant started but wouldn't say anything about it. And I'm sure that's not all MSG has.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/27/2021  10:41 AM
Idiots like this give us a bad name!!! I would have had no problem with Trae putting hands on dude!!! He needs to be arrested

Welpee
Member: #6239

5/27/2021  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2021  10:45 AM
Uptown wrote:Idiots like this give us a bad name!!! I would have had no problem with Trae putting hands on dude!!! He needs to be arrested

Shame on them if this happened but I didn't see anything from that video unless I missed something. You sure this isn't something put out there by a troll?
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
5/27/2021  10:51 AM
Hate Trae. But **** this guy who spit on him.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/27/2021  10:52 AM
I got to go last night and it was exciting in the 2nd half to be sure and it was nice to be part of a crowd that was that loud and charged up after so many months of lock down.

I will say that it would be my preference to hear more pro-Knicks chants instead of a bunch of anti-Trey chants. He's funny looking, annoying, really good at basketball, gets too many calls and is a little obnoxious, but e don't need to make this guy Reggie Miller yet. We should be more focused on how great our team has been and give them the cheers they have been waiting for more than a year to hear.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/27/2021  11:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/27/2021  11:03 AM
Welpee wrote:
Uptown wrote:Idiots like this give us a bad name!!! I would have had no problem with Trae putting hands on dude!!! He needs to be arrested

Shame on them if this happened but I didn't see anything from that video unless I missed something. You sure this isn't something put out there by a troll?

They were just talking about it on ESPN. Also, just before the video cuts off, you can see 50 Cents girlfriend react just before the vid ends. If you open it up and look closely, he definitely spit on Trae. Disgusting

Playoff Game #2 Thread: Knicks host Alt, 730 TNT, MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy