[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game one Thread: Knicks vs Hawks: Bull shyt walks and the game talks!
Author Thread
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

5/24/2021  3:19 PM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:That hurt but I still like our chances. And blaming Frank is weak.

100%

Frank actually accomplished his initial objective. He forced Trae to his left. The problem was he bit too hard on that and Trae crossed back to his right. Given his height and length he probably could have played off him more. hindsight is 20-20

When you are 35 feet from the basket and have the ball in your hands, no one stopping Trae

No one expects Frank to stop Trae there. Just take one thing away.

The loss wasn't Frank's fault, just would've liked for him to be the hero there.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
AUTOADVERT
WP76
Member: #4508

5/24/2021  3:48 PM
Sambakick wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:That hurt but I still like our chances. And blaming Frank is weak.

100%

Frank actually accomplished his initial objective. He forced Trae to his left. The problem was he bit too hard on that and Trae crossed back to his right. Given his height and length he probably could have played off him more. hindsight is 20-20

When you are 35 feet from the basket and have the ball in your hands, no one stopping Trae

No one expects Frank to stop Trae there. Just take one thing away.

The loss wasn't Frank's fault, just would've liked for him to be the hero there.

I think that pretty much sums up the attitude of everyone on this board.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
5/24/2021  4:59 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/knicks-hc-tom-thibodeau-gives-193850008.html

Sounds like Noel should be ready for the next game.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/24/2021  5:46 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
5/24/2021  5:50 PM
Softening the blow

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
5/24/2021  5:52 PM
If Randle is off he should be more of a playmaker.

When we started playing reasonably well earlier in the season and he would have off games he'd try too hard like he did last night.

We had that tough stretch in March losing 5 out of 6 games. the last was against the C's.

There were increasing cries for him to be less selfish and how we can't win if he's off.

The next game against the Grizz he was off but he was more of a playmaker. t

Took only 2 3's and even though he wasn't on we won that night and went on to win 9 in a row.

The triple doubles and 5+ assist totals showed more and it opened up the options and that was BEFORE D Rose was able to play and really contribute.

I feel he has to be that player again or teams lock him down and I think he forces things a bit too much which is where we get into trouble.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/24/2021  6:02 PM
My dopamine levels have returned to normal and getting over the flasbacks of that final play. I'm ready to move on to the next game. Any chance of unstickying this thread and starting a game #2 thread?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/24/2021  8:02 PM
PresIke wrote:If Randle is off he should be more of a playmaker.

When we started playing reasonably well earlier in the season and he would have off games he'd try too hard like he did last night.

We had that tough stretch in March losing 5 out of 6 games. the last was against the C's.

There were increasing cries for him to be less selfish and how we can't win if he's off.

Took only 2 3's and even though he wasn't on we won that night and went on to win 9 in a row.

The triple doubles and 5+ assist totals showed more and it opened up the options and that was BEFORE D Rose was able to play and really contribute.

I feel he has to be that player again or teams lock him down and I think he forces things a bit too much which is where we get into trouble.

I couldn’t believe they didn’t go to RJ over and over again after he manhandled Trae the way he did that one play. That should have been a no-brainer.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

5/24/2021  8:22 PM
martin wrote:

Berman is a dick. He is relentless when he has a bug up his ass about a player.

Yes, Payton played badly. Yes, Frank was not superman in 10 seconds of play. But to blame the loss on such insignificant players is hater scapegoat ****.

The reason we lost the game is that our best player struggled. Our second-best player struggled. Thinking the layoff hurt a bit. We also did not have the same 3pt defense that we had all year. Do agree that we need to make Trae play more defense. Also thought the stretch in the 4th where we got key turnovers and stops but then quickly gave the ball back hurt. Rose was the culprit. But like I said, if Randle and RJ play better, we will win.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/24/2021  8:26 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

I couldn’t believe they didn’t go to RJ over and over again after he manhandled Trae the way he did that one play. That should have been a no-brainer.

agree 100%

have to punish Trae for his defense.

frankly i think he hurts us more with his drives than his outside shots. He can pass well and has a good floater. if he misses some 3 point bombs his team starts to get pissed

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/24/2021  11:16 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

I thought there were using a zone defense at times?

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
5/25/2021  12:50 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Agree!

Also, I find it not just odd, but frankly shocking I've heard/read some of our fans suggest RJ needs to work on finishing around the rim.

If anything I find him one of our most effective players around the rim at either scoring or getting to the line.

Want to check the stats on that as I feel his strength, poise and saavy, despite less hops than others, makes him a dangerous player when he has a matchup to exploit.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
martin
USA
5/25/2021  2:43 PM
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/25/2021  7:06 PM
martin wrote:He is not wrong, plus a few hyperventilating TO's by Rose that are not usually part of his game

Which brings us back to out favorite Elf.

Knicks_Fan
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/26/2021  7:41 AM
Hard to believe we will come back and win this series. We don't have the elite offensive guard that can take a game over at the end. Rose is old, Quickley or RJ may develop into that but they aren't there yet. Not too mention the NBA wants us to lose so they can suck off Trae Young. The foul on RJ was disgraceful. It makes me not want to watch the games. How do you call that weak ass **** against the Home team
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/26/2021  8:52 PM

Backing it big time

Knicks_Fan
Game one Thread: Knicks vs Hawks: Bull shyt walks and the game talks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy