[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game one Thread: Knicks vs Hawks: Bull shyt walks and the game talks!
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/24/2021  8:32 AM
WP76 wrote:
Kemet wrote:
WP76 wrote:
Uptown wrote:can't blame Frank!! Trae had it going in the 4th. Outside of a trap, nobody was stopping Trae at that point.

Actually, I can. He had one job and he got abused.

You can't! When u never gave Frank any playing time throughout the season vs top scoring opponents guards.

Make all the excuses you want. He had his chance and he came up small.

As soon as I seen frank, I knew he was going to get beat on a PnR, i figured if he doesn't just blow by him, he'll surely fouled him.
ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/24/2021  8:36 AM
Should Frank have let Trae throw a bomb and back off? He picked him up early. I’m going to guess he did what his coach wanted. Once he got by Frank the lane was wide open. Either defense broke down or ATL froze us out.
Randle admits he is not great after long breaks. He looked it. But he came up big in the 4th down the stretch. The clutch 3 was a master stroke.
RJ did take Trae down low.
Hate to admit what we read all week and Barkley was repeating that ATL has more weapons. We did great all season without Mitchell so we can’t play the injury card. Noel is fragile. Always is. He gave us what he had. Capella is a beast.
Not Thibs best game but thats how it goes. Burks saved our ass and Rose was brilliant Despite chasing Trae.
“Fucking play Quick”.........Yeah, in the aftermath perhaps a bit more in the second half but his defense is a bit suspect.
Refs? Outside the Trae young getting fouled, and there was SOME contact I though the game was called ok. Maybe Nate Mac spent his 25k wisely?
THe offensive foul on Collins in first half. Totally worth it!!!!
Obi dunk and Three. This was important production in his 8 min. The dunk was an energizer and his three was pretty! bench saved the game in the first half. Obi got smoked on Gallo handle at top of the key but he missed the open look.
Payton. IM not going to argue on his defense. If the Runner up COY don’t know what’s up then I’m not questioning him there.
Thibs is milking every last drop from DRose. When Burks and Quick are not hitting they don’t bring much else. Burks playmaking was spot on.
Lou Williams hurt us bad. Bogdnon killed us down the stretch. That three in traffic was a master shot. The Knicks were all over him. Hunter defense and clutch three hurt us. Huerter was solid. Capella was a beast. Gallo’s defense on Randle was good.
I thought ATL executed well and won the game. yes, we could have won. That is to knicks credit. Crunch time their little Mutant PG came up big. Tip my cap to them.

At the end of the day the Garden rocked. Its the playoffs and while the outcome was painful for 2.5 hours it was electric!!!!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/24/2021  9:02 AM
Chandler wrote:stay positive guys.

Randle **** the bed and it still came down to the wire. Trae played lights out

I'd rather have Randle play poor in game 1 and great in game 7.

Hawks needed a 6-23 night from Randle and a 6-15 night from RJ and they won a last second runner. That sure looked like Atl getting lucky and winning a game where the Knicks best scorers had a terrible night.

Despite losing the first game feeling pretty good about the series.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/24/2021  10:18 AM
He is not wrong, plus a few hyperventilating TO's by Rose that are not usually part of his game

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/24/2021  10:26 AM
Randle will adjust and deliver in the coming games. My concern is Noel's injury. We can't afford to not have him.
martin
USA
5/24/2021  10:33 AM
fishmike wrote:

Hawks needed a 6-23 night from Randle and a 6-15 night from RJ and they won a last second runner. That sure looked like Atl getting lucky and winning a game where the Knicks best scorers had a terrible night.

Reggie 0-5 from downtown, 3-9 overall says hi too

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

5/24/2021  11:05 AM
That hurt but I still like our chances. And blaming Frank is weak.
martin
USA
5/24/2021  11:08 AM
KnickDanger wrote:That hurt but I still like our chances. And blaming Frank is weak.

100%

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/24/2021  11:11 AM
martin wrote:He is not wrong, plus a few hyperventilating TO's by Rose that are not usually part of his game

I listed to Macri a bit this morning but he is still a bit of a fanboy and was frustrated like many of us. He was brutal on Payton which is ok as a fan but if your “ media” and is is doing this full time he needs to bring something more. Good dude and I enjoy most of his work.
I won’t argue where we “lost” the game. It’s subjective at this point. Facts are 0-1.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/24/2021  11:28 AM
KnickDanger wrote:That hurt but I still like our chances. And blaming Frank is weak.

+1
40 seconds of ice cold Frank is why we lost? I don't get Thibs with Frank. It's almost like he's setting him up to fail, over and over.
martin
USA
5/24/2021  11:28 AM
really good THREAD, lots of good videos.

I literally don't understand why Payton doesn't hustle

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/24/2021  11:31 AM
Im not gonna blame Frank- he didn't play it correctly, but chances are even with "better" D, Young still takes him one on one and hits a tough shot. Think not having Noel on the floor at the end really hurt as well. He maybe alters or closes out a play like that.

Trae got a lot of superstar calls down the stretch IMO - he initiates contact and gets calls. Its frustrating to watch, but we gotta live with it.

We had too many turnovers. Rose had way more turnovers than he normally does (I posted a few weeks ago about how amazingly low his turnover rate had been). Randle was a turnover and brick machine- we know he's better than that and he has to be better. Anyone think Randle's hand is bothering him? He had knocked hands with defender late in the game in one of the final cpl games of the season.

Also we come to expect 3 3's a game from Bullock and he had none. Playing from behind is tough - you gotta time your run to have enough energy to close out.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/24/2021  11:46 AM
martin wrote:really good THREAD, lots of good videos.

I literally don't understand why Payton doesn't hustle

Also i saw several clips where not only was he not in front of Trae but he was trailing Trae's left accomplishing absolutely nothing --- forcing Trae to stay to his right, which he prefers. Something is not right with Elf at the moment -- between the ears

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/24/2021  11:48 AM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Reggie 0-5 from downtown, 3-9 overall says hi too

Those guys were playing tight -- particularly Randle. Gut check time on these 3; we can't expect Burks, IQ and ROse to repeat their heroics to that degree

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/24/2021  11:51 AM
martin wrote:

100%

Frank actually accomplished his initial objective. He forced Trae to his left. The problem was he bit too hard on that and Trae crossed back to his right. Given his height and length he probably could have played off him more. hindsight is 20-20

(5)(5)
martin
USA
5/24/2021  12:11 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

100%

Frank actually accomplished his initial objective. He forced Trae to his left. The problem was he bit too hard on that and Trae crossed back to his right. Given his height and length he probably could have played off him more. hindsight is 20-20

When you are 35 feet from the basket and have the ball in your hands, no one stopping Trae

MS
Member: #724
5/24/2021  1:03 PM
Takeaways

Payton doesn’t provide anything, he shouldn’t play again. Frank should just start for 5 minutes before our bench comes in. No one comes in and gets a stop like that, certainly not his fault.

Thibs - can’t bring in Frank cold, why aren’t you destroying Trae in the post with RJ? Why is Burks who is the best player we have last night passing the ball in? Why is Gibson out there for the 0.9?

martin
USA
5/24/2021  1:06 PM
MS wrote:Takeaways

Payton doesn’t provide anything, he shouldn’t play again. Frank should just start for 5 minutes before our bench comes in. No one comes in and gets a stop like that, certainly not his fault.

Thibs - can’t bring in Frank cold, why aren’t you destroying Trae in the post with RJ? Why is Burks who is the best player we have last night passing the ball in? Why is Gibson out there for the 0.9?

Yes to this. Gibson prob out there to set a pick?

martin
USA
5/24/2021  1:20 PM
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/24/2021  3:02 PM
TPercy wrote:Nah the more I watch that play the more I think Frank needs to donate his salary.

That was "elite" defense

Game one Thread: Knicks vs Hawks: Bull shyt walks and the game talks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy