[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Give us just one victory and it will be ok........
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2021  10:35 AM
VDesai wrote:Noel saved our asses this game.
best part is he did exactly what he's out there to do... hustle, rebound and challenge shots
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

5/17/2021  10:43 AM
fishmike wrote:Well I started a thread that Elf should be benched. The timing of this is terrible. If he pouts on the sidelines its gonna be wildly distracting.

So far Thibs has pulled nothing but flowers out of his hat. How he manages this is a legit test imo.

I suspect that Thibs being a manager of men takes Elf aside privately, shows him what everyone else sees and asks him what he wants to do from there. It will be interesting. His job is to spend 15-20 mins being up Trae's ass every second he's on the floor.

Whether Elf sits or plays I have high expectations. I suspect Elf starts and comes out with maximum effort and Thibs monitors closely. It sucks and its not an easy thing in life. Elf is human. He's worked hard and played hard. As the end gets closer I suspect he knows more and more his time here is winding down and he's getting bitter. Ship is going upward and everyone knows Elf wont be on it. Easy to say "be a pro" etc etc etc... you can see the human element of the league right there.

Well, he should also know his play will affect his money next season. If he wants a decent contract from another team this ain't the way to do it. If you rewind a few years to that ridiculous hairdo he played with that definitely affected his ability to play, Payton comes across as a guy who's priorities may not fit a winning culture.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/17/2021  10:54 AM
fishmike wrote:Well I started a thread that Elf should be benched. The timing of this is terrible. If he pouts on the sidelines its gonna be wildly distracting.

So far Thibs has pulled nothing but flowers out of his hat. How he manages this is a legit test imo.

I suspect that Thibs being a manager of men takes Elf aside privately, shows him what everyone else sees and asks him what he wants to do from there. It will be interesting. His job is to spend 15-20 mins being up Trae's ass every second he's on the floor.

Whether Elf sits or plays I have high expectations. I suspect Elf starts and comes out with maximum effort and Thibs monitors closely. It sucks and its not an easy thing in life. Elf is human. He's worked hard and played hard. As the end gets closer I suspect he knows more and more his time here is winding down and he's getting bitter. Ship is going upward and everyone knows Elf wont be on it. Easy to say "be a pro" etc etc etc... you can see the human element of the league right there.

Given how well all is going im giviung it all the benefit of the doubt. Somewhere Bullock's rise conincides with Elf's decline. Add in RJ's being given more playmaking role and its easy to see the ball coming out of elfs hands. If his body language is telling us discontent, thats one thing. If its just he is used to being the primary handler and he is not an "Issue" as presented by some fans thats another.

Game Thread: Give us just one victory and it will be ok........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy