[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Give us just one victory and it will be ok........
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
5/16/2021  3:29 PM
Congrats! We did it! After we lost to the Lakers I thought 4th was out of reach but we won out. Really a fantastic end to the regular season - and no major injuries from this game.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
5/16/2021  3:29 PM
Randle is tired
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Sambakick
Member: #5646

5/16/2021  3:31 PM
technomaster wrote:Congrats! We did it! After we lost to the Lakers I thought 4th was out of reach but we won out. Really a fantastic end to the regular season - and no major injuries from this game.

Yeah the Lakers game was a nut punch but credit the team for finishing the job.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/16/2021  4:15 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/16/2021  5:16 PM
Glad we didn't rest players for the last three games and risk a chance for the 4th seed.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/16/2021  5:26 PM
Just want to say...I don't regret offering the rest of you clowns up in a trade for Booker, but...I might have been wrong to throw Rebecca in as trade piece too But don't get too comfortable Fish and Gustav. This off season is going to be real busy after championship parade.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Welpee

5/16/2021  5:34 PM
BRIGGS is on the clock for starting a thread that we should sign Jabari Parker.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/16/2021  8:47 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA! I predicted 41 wins!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/16/2021  8:52 PM
NYKBocker wrote:BWAHAHAHAHA! I predicted 41 wins!

And 16 playoff wins, right?!

martin
USA
5/16/2021  9:28 PM
This is hard to watch

Welpee

5/16/2021  9:43 PM
martin wrote:This is hard to watch

All I have to say is wow. I also noticed after the game when a lot of Knicks were shaking hands and smiling, Payton didn't look engaged and was just walking around emotionless. Now in fairness, he had a mask on, but his body language was not good.

Something is up.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/16/2021  9:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2021  9:56 PM
martin wrote:This is hard to watch

Thibs is always talking about how one of the reasons we are having a successful season is because his players sacrifice and play for each other. Over the last 8 games or so, clearly, Payton is not playing like a player who is buying-in. He is not playing (if you want to call going through the motions playing) for his teammates and is pouting because his minutes have been sacrificed for the betterment of the team. As much film as Thibs and his staff watches, he has to see how listless Payton is. With the new beefed up Analytic department, he has to know that Payton is the only net-negative in the rotation.

Forget starting, Payton shouldn't be in the rotation! Time for Thibs to heed his own advice! It's not fair to the rest of the team who is playing every possession like its their last, meanwhile we have one player player who is going through the motions. How is he earning minutes?!

martin
USA
5/16/2021  9:57 PM
Uptown wrote:Forget starting, Payton shouldn't be in the rotation! Time for Thibs to heed his own advice!

So hard to do so this time of year. Kinda wish there were 15 more games left and Luca was on bench

Welpee

5/16/2021  10:10 PM
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:Forget starting, Payton shouldn't be in the rotation! Time for Thibs to heed his own advice!

So hard to do so this time of year. Kinda wish there were 15 more games left and Luca was on bench

I would think it's difficult to expect Luca to get up to speed so quickly. I guess you can say he can't be worse than Payton. I think giving Frank Payton's minutes would be the more viable option.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

5/17/2021  1:26 AM
Gets worse

The Future is Bright!
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

5/17/2021  3:32 AM
If Payton continues on as the starter for playoffs series against the Hawks, we will be at a disadvantage right from the get go. Has luca joined the team already? Will he even join the bench during the playoffs? If he is with the team already maybe there is a slim chance he can get minutes. This week off can be his mini camp crash course.

If Thibs is worried about disrupting the rotation, i hope he can consider starting Frank instead of Payton. Give him the first 8 minutes and just let the offense run through Julius. Just let frank disrupt the rythm of Trae and occasionally hit the 3 point shot.

With this, Thibs can still maintain his usual second unit rotation. The past month or so Payton has become unwatchable that replacing him with Frank can be looked at as a huge upgrade. I hope Thibs and the coaching staff can see it that way as well.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/17/2021  8:36 AM
Truth be told, I don’t even see Payton out there until he does something good and its like “oh, thats Elf! Why everyone down on him.”...........
I know every coach on the knicks us 100x more up on what’s up than any of us even put together.
I also see we winning more with this rotation then. The “WTF” comment, might be frustration of the play and team is accountable or a build up of his play of late. Why was he so late coming back on defense? Was there no audible command to cover his guy and thus the reason for the “WTF”?
I don’t see Elf on the floor when we are blowing leads so not everything need be on him.
frank as a 8 min defensive disruptor to start wearing down Trae early is a tactic that has worked before. I think this is Elf’s job is to play hard early then sit. Might be more of him nursing an injury? Maybe his back just gives out? I’m guessing its more than “Elf sucks and coaches are blind”.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/17/2021  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/17/2021  9:29 AM
Nalod wrote:Truth be told, I don’t even see Payton out there until he does something good and its like “oh, thats Elf! Why everyone down on him.”...........
I know every coach on the knicks us 100x more up on what’s up than any of us even put together.
I also see we winning more with this rotation then. The “WTF” comment, might be frustration of the play and team is accountable or a build up of his play of late. Why was he so late coming back on defense? Was there no audible command to cover his guy and thus the reason for the “WTF”?
I don’t see Elf on the floor when we are blowing leads so not everything need be on him.
frank as a 8 min defensive disruptor to start wearing down Trae early is a tactic that has worked before. I think this is Elf’s job is to play hard early then sit. Might be more of him nursing an injury? Maybe his back just gives out? I’m guessing its more than “Elf sucks and coaches are blind”.

We are winning in spite of him, not because of him. This is beyond the "its working so don't mess with it" phase. Elfs play of late goes against the principles that Thibs has been preaching all year. Thibs preaches playing full 48 minute games, yet we see Elf loafing around for his 15 minutes. No other Knick does this accept for Elf? Why is this acceptable? Thibs talks about sacrificing for the team. Clearly, Elf is not happy sacrificing minutes for the betterment of the team because his play and body language say otherwise. Obi gets about 10 mins per game and its all-out hustle for every second of every minute he gets. Frank seems to play 30 seconds every other game for a key-defensive possession, and he is fighting through screens, and going all-out for the 30 seconds he gets. If anyone should be pouting on the court its Frank, especially when you consider how well he's played over the last week or so which coincides with how bad Elf has been.

This is way beyond W's and L's. This is beyond missing shots! 1 of the 15 players on the roster is clearly not buying in. This is about effort! And at this point, this is 100% on Thibs!! I can't believe an old school coach like Thibs, who is about building culture and principles is allowing this to happen!! His power over the players is the minutes he can distribute. Elf has not earned any of the minutes he is getting. ​

Yuo think the players don't notice this? Did you see Randle's reaction to Elf when he was late getting back? Both palms were facing the low-MSG ceiling and yelled something inaudible to him. There was another play in the first half when Julius was on the baseline. He threw a pass to Elf who was trotting across the lane and made a half-ass attempt to catch the pass. Because he wasn't cutting at full speed, the defender got a hand on it and knocked off Elf's leg. Randle rolled his eyes and stormed down the court. It's instances like this that can cause the coach to lose the locke room

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2021  9:59 AM
Well I started a thread that Elf should be benched. The timing of this is terrible. If he pouts on the sidelines its gonna be wildly distracting.

So far Thibs has pulled nothing but flowers out of his hat. How he manages this is a legit test imo.

I suspect that Thibs being a manager of men takes Elf aside privately, shows him what everyone else sees and asks him what he wants to do from there. It will be interesting. His job is to spend 15-20 mins being up Trae's ass every second he's on the floor.

Whether Elf sits or plays I have high expectations. I suspect Elf starts and comes out with maximum effort and Thibs monitors closely. It sucks and its not an easy thing in life. Elf is human. He's worked hard and played hard. As the end gets closer I suspect he knows more and more his time here is winding down and he's getting bitter. Ship is going upward and everyone knows Elf wont be on it. Easy to say "be a pro" etc etc etc... you can see the human element of the league right there.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/17/2021  10:22 AM
Noel saved our asses this game.
Game Thread: Give us just one victory and it will be ok........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy