[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks last game of roadtrip, Lakers 10pm TNT
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

5/12/2021  3:39 PM
Last night hurt -- we lose in OT and the Heat win. Urrrggghhh.

So -- a year ago a loss was expected and might mean another ping pong ball.

I'll take it.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/12/2021  3:45 PM
martin wrote:Oh excellent breakdown and RJ really didn't have any options IMHO

Of course RJ had no options. It was hit Taj for the layup or nothing. Beeeeeeeeeeee-cause...
Does it take James Fucking Naismith for Rose and Randle to figure out that THERE'S ONLY ONE LAKER ANYWHERE NEAR THE BASKET? I've seen this **** all day long and 14 times on Sunday, from 6th grade to AAU to Junior College. Nobody but freaks of nature move off the ball. Set off the ball screens. No, stand the **** still and watch three opponents gang **** your guy 25 feet from the basket.

This is what drives me effing crazy about the game today. No one wants offensive rebounds. No one follows their shot. And off the ball movement is AGAINST THE FUCKING LAW, APPARENTLY.

I coached this one kid in high school, 6'1" combo guard, could jump out of the gym, pretty good handles, penchant for trying to turn every play into a dunk contest highlight, which meant his idea of basketball was STANDING STILL 30 feet from the basket, and waiting for someone to throw him the ball. I'd yell, I'd shout, I'd spit up blood. Made no difference. He would stand there and call for the ball almost every time until I'd sit his ass down. If the idea of fun in the game is standing still, and moving without the ball died with the Princeton offense, then so be it. Have fun.

End of rant.

I will now await the brilliance of the beauty of how Randle and Rose standing perfectly still sets up the perfect pick and roll.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/12/2021  3:47 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Last night hurt -- we lose in OT and the Heat win. Urrrggghhh.

I'll take it.

+1 and 10 to the 79th power
1 point losses in OT to the defending champs while jockeying for playoff position or spending time reading Hinkie-wannabe threads.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/12/2021  3:49 PM
jrodmc wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Last night hurt -- we lose in OT and the Heat win. Urrrggghhh.

I'll take it.

+1 and 10 to the 79th power
1 point losses in OT to the defending champs while jockeying for playoff position or spending time reading Hinkie-wannabe threads.

Sam Presti has fully taken over that pole position

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/12/2021  8:45 PM
jrodmc wrote:Frankie - 2 steals and a block and a beautiful dime to Taj underneath! Best three point shooter on the team right now! For this very second! No more 0-0-0-0! Please Thibs, no more 51 second cameos at the end of the game!
It's just one game, let's not overreact. He has earned getting another chance but let's pretend we haven't been down this road before with Frank.
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/12/2021  8:51 PM
martin wrote:Oh excellent breakdown and RJ really didn't have any options IMHO

Similar to what I said last night. Blame the bad game on RJ but that last shot (and losing the game) is not on him solely.
GameThread: Knicks last game of roadtrip, Lakers 10pm TNT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy