[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks last game of roadtrip, Lakers 10pm TNT
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

5/12/2021  1:50 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Barrett had a brain fart … what on earth was he thinking he could have easily beat Drummond to the hoop … at least dish it to Randle…. Barrett should never have the ball for the last second… how many games have we lost because Barrett got the ball to end the game ..
1) If you think RJ could've "easily" beat Drummond to the hoop then I assume you feel the same about Rose before he passed to RJ? 2) RJ had three guys converge on him and he had to back it out. 3) I put that last play more on Rose than RJ. The PG gotta get us in a better position for a last second shot. 4) The shot people should really be focusing on was that last shot in regulation that Randle missed. VERY makeable shot. 5) The put back rebound by Matthews was a huge play too, and one that was on Rose too.

RJ had a horrible game, there no getting around that. But I'm not putting this loss on him. This was a team lost in my opinion. Rose and Randle made some big plays but they also made plenty of mistakes in key moments too.

AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

5/12/2021  1:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2021  1:56 AM
Sambakick wrote:
Welpee wrote:Wow, we beat the Clippers and we're the greatest team in the world, we lose to the Lakers and now we're talked about like we're trash. Gotta love Knick fans.

The way we lost was awful. I'm glad you don't care.

So keeping things in perspective means I don't care? lol!!!! We lost to the Timberwolves and the world didn't come to an end. Relax.
Clean
Member: #743
5/12/2021  1:55 AM
With that loss we are now 6th.
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/12/2021  1:58 AM
Sambakick wrote:Right after Rose got that steal Randle brings the ball up and gets trapped in the corner right after halfcourt. Thibs is forced to call a time-out. That was our last one. We missed not having a time-out to draw up a decent play with the last possession. Just another example of Randle being boneheaded to end the game. Thibs needed to do a much better job coaching the team to use clock and not repeatedly feed Randle who the Lakers were all too happy to trap and force into making a dumb play.

Randle had 2 possessions to seal victory, in both regulation and OT.
Randle went hero-ball, and both possessions resulted in turnovers.
That's why we lost the game.
Final second shot plays should be taken by Quickley, Burks, or Rose.

AD didn't take the final shot to win the game, KCP passed to Tucker for the winning 3

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/12/2021  5:11 AM
This thread is great. The final pages are so telling. Knicks hold a 1pt lead in overtime and all is great. The dagger happens and we suck. It’s nice that games matter at this point.

This one hurts on so many levels! Lost the 4th for the moment and Miami wins. So we still want and can get the 4th, but that 4th/5th matchup doesn’t look that enticing with Miami up there, so at this point I don’t know what I want anymore, other than avoiding the Play-In.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/12/2021  6:05 AM
Celtics are good for nothing right now.
Knicks_Fan
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/12/2021  7:59 AM
Kemet wrote:
Sambakick wrote:Right after Rose got that steal Randle brings the ball up and gets trapped in the corner right after halfcourt. Thibs is forced to call a time-out. That was our last one. We missed not having a time-out to draw up a decent play with the last possession. Just another example of Randle being boneheaded to end the game. Thibs needed to do a much better job coaching the team to use clock and not repeatedly feed Randle who the Lakers were all too happy to trap and force into making a dumb play.

AD didn't take the final shot to win the game, KCP passed to Tucker for the winning 3

I thought we stopped playing HERO BALL, but you could see Randle was on a mission to show the Lakers what the missed in not resigning him.

2 players (RANDLE and ROSE) took more than half the team shots (48 out of 86) and shoot 39%. We played ISO ball for most of the night

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/12/2021  8:07 AM
Kemet wrote:

Burks and IQ were not available.

Never liked many outcomes to last second shots. Game was lost in 3rd and 4tg quarters. The offense off the bench from Burks and IQ was missed. Randle and Bullock at plus 42 min and Rose close to 40 is tough. Hopefully they get Burks and IQ back soon. Tough loss considering the positioning for the playoffs. Next couple of wins will get the sour taste out.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/12/2021  8:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2021  8:35 AM
Rose played 22 straight mins after he entered the game in the 3rd quarter! He was playing on tired legs in overtime....I disagree with these Elf token-starts and Rose playing 15-16 straight mins each half without proper rest. According to Mark Jackson, I guess we are not allowed to question Teflon-Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/12/2021  9:09 AM
Uptown wrote:Rose played 22 straight mins after he entered the game in the 3rd quarter! He was playing on tired legs in overtime....I disagree with these Elf token-starts and Rose playing 15-16 straight mins each half without proper rest. According to Mark Jackson, I guess we are not allowed to question Teflon-Thibs

Imagine if he started ROSE, he would ride him to the grave.

Not sure what's going on with Payton, he makes it so easy for the coach to leave him on the bench..Had he been playing at a high level we wouldn't have to rely on Rose so much.

Honestly, Payton was playing better than this prior to Rose

ES
Uptown

5/12/2021  9:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:Rose played 22 straight mins after he entered the game in the 3rd quarter! He was playing on tired legs in overtime....I disagree with these Elf token-starts and Rose playing 15-16 straight mins each half without proper rest. According to Mark Jackson, I guess we are not allowed to question Teflon-Thibs

Imagine if he started ROSE, he would ride him to the grave.

Not sure what's going on with Payton, he makes it so easy for the coach to leave him on the bench..Had he been playing at a high level we wouldn't have to rely on Rose so much.

Honestly, Payton was playing better than this prior to Rose

Concerning Rose, it's not so much the minutes, its the way he distributes them. There is no reason for Rose to play 22 straight minutes. Or 15-16 straight mins in each half for each game. At least if he started, he would get some rest towards the end of the 1st and 3rd, and beginning of the 2nd and 4th. If he insists on Rose coming off the bench, has to do a better job of breaking up his minutes so that he's fresh down the stretch.

TPercy
Member: #5748

5/12/2021  9:51 AM
This one hurt. This Lakers team is actually just a bunch of guys who won’t be in the league once Lebron and Ceo are gone but it’s whatever.
The Future is Bright!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/12/2021  10:38 AM
ugly game.. we got nothing from Bullock/RJ/Noel/Elf... and still almost won. What could have been a doomsday roadtrip ends up 3-3 and with 3 winnable games we are in a good spot.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown

5/12/2021  11:16 AM
fishmike wrote:ugly game.. we got nothing from Bullock/RJ/Noel/Elf... and still almost won. What could have been a doomsday roadtrip ends up 3-3 and with 3 winnable games we are in a good spot.

Difficult game tomorrow. Spurs don't beat themselves and are just as prepared for each of their games as we are. Also, we only get one day off after flying across the country. Quality minutes from Burks and Quick is a must....

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/12/2021  1:30 PM
So we learned some things. When they aren't hitting shots at their normal clip, Randle holds the ball too long instead of passing it immediately to Bullock, RJ or anyone other than Rose. We get feet shuffling and spinover-lite. Which I guess he thinks is preferable to watching his teammates fire up bricks.

Rose almost won the game with his D and then lost it by not boxing out. Don't like hearing the excuses. Just say I effed up and move on.

Frankie - 2 steals and a block and a beautiful dime to Taj underneath! Best three point shooter on the team right now! For this very second! No more 0-0-0-0! Please Thibs, no more 51 second cameos at the end of the game!

martin: I'll need to go back over the losses and verify, but I think showing too much of rebecca's skin works well for us board dwellers but doesn't bode well for our team.

I still hate LeQ. Even on the bench. He plays and we lose, he asserts his dominance. He sits and we still lose, he gets to display his low-key bench cheering skills.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/12/2021  1:39 PM
jrodmc wrote:So we learned some things. When they aren't hitting shots at their normal clip, Randle holds the ball too long instead of passing it immediately to Bullock, RJ or anyone other than Rose. We get feet shuffling and spinover-lite. Which I guess he thinks is preferable to watching his teammates fire up bricks.

Rose almost won the game with his D and then lost it by not boxing out. Don't like hearing the excuses. Just say I effed up and move on.

Frankie - 2 steals and a block and a beautiful dime to Taj underneath! Best three point shooter on the team right now! For this very second! No more 0-0-0-0! Please Thibs, no more 51 second cameos at the end of the game!

martin: I'll need to go back over the losses and verify, but I think showing too much of rebecca's skin works well for us board dwellers but doesn't bode well for our team.

I still hate LeQ. Even on the bench. He plays and we lose, he asserts his dominance. He sits and we still lose, he gets to display his low-key bench cheering skills.

Verily, is there ever too much of Rebeccas's skin? We shall take it under advisement til the facts come out, please let us know

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
5/12/2021  1:40 PM
jrodmc wrote:So we learned some things. When they aren't hitting shots at their normal clip, Randle holds the ball too long instead of passing it immediately to Bullock, RJ or anyone other than Rose. We get feet shuffling and spinover-lite. Which I guess he thinks is preferable to watching his teammates fire up bricks.

Not for nothing, but not making fun of his outfit is almost criminal

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/12/2021  1:51 PM
martin wrote:

Verily, is there ever too much of Rebeccas's skin? We shall take it under advisement til the facts come out, please let us know

Forsooth, I may get bogged down in the data, but I have to admit, even seeing her wave her bare arms in the air during her podcasts is a religious experience for me. I hereby respectfully withdraw the comment.

martin wrote:Not for nothing, but not making fun of his outfit is almost criminal

Being a Melo defender, I shy away from making comments about any player fashion statements.
martin
USA
5/12/2021  2:09 PM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:

Forsooth, I may get bogged down in the data, but I have to admit, even seeing her wave her bare arms in the air during her podcasts is a religious experience for me. I hereby respectfully withdraw the comment.

martin wrote:Not for nothing, but not making fun of his outfit is almost criminal

Being a Melo defender, I shy away from making comments about any player fashion statements.

It's no wonder those 2 are banana boat bro's and let us generously say they also shop together and prob should hook up with the Kardashians to get the fashion right

martin
USA
5/12/2021  2:36 PM
Oh excellent breakdown and RJ really didn't have any options IMHO

GameThread: Knicks last game of roadtrip, Lakers 10pm TNT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy