From the other side

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/10/2021  12:45 PM
I get that maybe adrenaline *could* be a factor in that first air ball but the shot in the paint.... how does a professional in the position Frank is in miss so badly?

martin
USA
5/10/2021  12:53 PM
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/10/2021  12:56 PM
martin wrote:I get that maybe adrenaline *could* be a factor in that first air ball but the shot in the paint.... how does a professional in the position Frank is in miss so badly?

I love Frank, but I admit I cringed on both of those shots. He's been getting called for some quick fouls in his situational play too. Think I've rooted harder for him to turn it on than any other Knick, but he's running out of opportunities. Going to be a hard sell convincing the team to bring him back next year.

I'm still convinced things will click for him the second he leaves NY...

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

5/10/2021  1:22 PM
martin wrote:

Dumb segment but wouldn’t expect anything less from Molly and co. Expectations are different for teams that are projected to be a playoff teams so I don’t get the Suns comparison. Big difference in going from a projected 21 win team to a 4-5 seed in East compared to a projected 40+ win team being title contenders.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

5/10/2021  1:24 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:I get that maybe adrenaline *could* be a factor in that first air ball but the shot in the paint.... how does a professional in the position Frank is in miss so badly?

I love Frank, but I admit I cringed on both of those shots. He's been getting called for some quick fouls in his situational play too. Think I've rooted harder for him to turn it on than any other Knick, but he's running out of opportunities. Going to be a hard sell convincing the team to bring him back next year.

I'm still convinced things will click for him the second he leaves NY...

He just isn’t good enough. Best thing for him would be to go to a team that is sorely struggling defensively and carve out a role there.

The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/10/2021  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2021  2:33 PM
Ha, how Berman wrote up This reaction to his question:

LOS ANGELES — Tom Thibodeau couldn’t help himself. When he heard the questioner describe Julius Randle’s 14-point night as not a big game for him, the Knicks coach interrupted and went on a long rant.

“Let me correct you,’’ Thibodeau said after the Knicks’ 106-100 victory over the Clippers at Staples Center on Sunday. “Randle did have a big night.”

Relatively speaking, Thibodeau would be wrong as Randle finished with 14 points on 7 of 17 shooting (0 of 4 from 3) with four turnovers. But Randle also added 14 rebounds, five assists and hit three big shots down the stretch. That it didn’t come close to qualifying as one of his top games shows how amazing Randle’s season has been.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/09/knicks-tom-thibodeau-backs-up-julius-randle/

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/10/2021  3:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, how Berman wrote up This reaction to his question:

LOS ANGELES — Tom Thibodeau couldn’t help himself. When he heard the questioner describe Julius Randle’s 14-point night as not a big game for him, the Knicks coach interrupted and went on a long rant.

“Let me correct you,’’ Thibodeau said after the Knicks’ 106-100 victory over the Clippers at Staples Center on Sunday. “Randle did have a big night.”

Relatively speaking, Thibodeau would be wrong as Randle finished with 14 points on 7 of 17 shooting (0 of 4 from 3) with four turnovers. But Randle also added 14 rebounds, five assists and hit three big shots down the stretch. That it didn’t come close to qualifying as one of his top games shows how amazing Randle’s season has been.

I don't hate Berman for that. He's got a deadline and he needs to turn chicken crap into chicken soup. I still think Berman sucks.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
5/10/2021  4:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, how Berman wrote up This reaction to his question:

I don't hate Berman for that. He's got a deadline and he needs to turn chicken crap into chicken soup. I still think Berman sucks.

"I don't blame him for sucking but he definitely sucks."

GameThread: Knicks onto #5 of roadtrip, Clippers on ESPN, 330pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy