[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks continue road trip to Memphis, 9pm
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

5/4/2021  1:11 AM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:Only 7 teams in league have better records than the Knicks.

Let that sink in

And not for nothing but they all should be considered conference finals contenders.

Facts. We are on a ridiculous tear.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

5/4/2021  2:47 AM
TPercy wrote:
technomaster wrote:Here are the 5 technicals. The refs probably though Ja initiated the contact and flopped. Or maybe he really is that skinny.

Btw is Morant playing hurt or are we just good at stopping him?

Maybe I'm biased but Morant flopped heavy on that. Glad refs didn't reward that. Morant is fully healthy as far as I'm concerned. He just played like ass and our guards did a great job on him.

I still have the image of Ja upper & lower body falling on top of Burks foot & ankle .. hope Burks is well.
Grizz coach Jenkins (and Ja) had to be boiling hot when Brooks didnt take the open layup to chop Knicks lead to 3 points having 5 min remaining in the game. When Brooks stopped at the 3-ball line when the rest of the lane to the basket was clear. I shook my head when Knicks Bullock grabbed the defensive rebound of Brooks missed 3-ball shot. The Grizz team lost their fight after Brooks missed the 3-ball shot ...

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/4/2021  5:51 AM
TPercy wrote:
technomaster wrote:Here are the 5 technicals. The refs probably though Ja initiated the contact and flopped. Or maybe he really is that skinny.

Btw is Morant playing hurt or are we just good at stopping him?

Maybe I'm biased but Morant flopped heavy on that. Glad refs didn't reward that. Morant is fully healthy as far as I'm concerned. He just played like ass and our guards did a great job on him.

Im tired of the flopping BS. Light contact and a flailing toss at the rim should not be rewarded with free throws.

Great win. Tough Stretch we needed these 2 games

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/4/2021  9:26 AM
I enjoy listening to all the Thibs interviews. Goes to show how bent things get with media etc... this guy is an absolute elite coach who coaches guys up and gets the most out of his players but the thing that gets glossed over is Thibs LOVES his guys.

This is the best coaching I have seen since following this team when Riley was running the ship. He's such a leader and Leon really seems to have a feel for what Thibs needs/wants.

We havent had much in-season changes but Pelle and D Rose have obviously been good fits.

Thibs has turned what people thought was trash into straight up contenders. We got a punching change in any game. Teams HATE playing us. We hit 3s, slow it down and beat you up.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
5/4/2021  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/4/2021  9:42 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Breakdown of discipline -- glad it ain't us.

I love it when teams lose their cool against us. Coaches and players alike. It shows that we are a pain to play against. Frustration results from getting your game shut down by defense. I want moar!!

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/4/2021  9:56 AM
And let’s hear it for our third and fourth string centers.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/4/2021  10:15 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Breakdown of discipline -- glad it ain't us.

I love it when teams lose their cool against us. Coaches and players alike. It shows that we are a pain to play against. Frustration results from getting your game shut down by defense. I want moar!!

I was glad to see that it wasn’t about an altercation between our players and their players. The Grizzlies were pretty frustrated with the officiating and took it out on the refs.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/4/2021  10:53 AM
Not trying to play down Morant's skills. Can do some amazing things on the court. But RJ is so much more level headed. Trending in the right direction, while staying healthy (knocks on wood)

Was happy with the RJ pick at the time. Glad the FO didnt get cute. Didnt think RJ would catch up to Morant so fast, if ever. Morant might have better numbers, but RJ is more reliable.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/4/2021  10:56 AM
fishmike wrote:I enjoy listening to all the Thibs interviews. Goes to show how bent things get with media etc... this guy is an absolute elite coach who coaches guys up and gets the most out of his players but the thing that gets glossed over is Thibs LOVES his guys.

This is the best coaching I have seen since following this team when Riley was running the ship. He's such a leader and Leon really seems to have a feel for what Thibs needs/wants.

We havent had much in-season changes but Pelle and D Rose have obviously been good fits.

Thibs has turned what people thought was trash into straight up contenders. We got a punching change in any game. Teams HATE playing us. We hit 3s, slow it down and beat you up.

Same. Just feels super genuine. Gives credit to opponents and players, complimentary of his players without going overboard. Talks them up, reminds them that hard work still needs to be done every day.

Jokes with the media, doesn't talk down to them or try to evade questions.

It's refreshing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/4/2021  10:57 AM
Nice to see Pelle step up in Noel's absence. Maybe gives Thibs more confidence in giving Pelle PT in the playoffs. Give Noel and Gibson a break, now and then.
fishmike
USA
5/4/2021  11:55 AM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:I enjoy listening to all the Thibs interviews. Goes to show how bent things get with media etc... this guy is an absolute elite coach who coaches guys up and gets the most out of his players but the thing that gets glossed over is Thibs LOVES his guys.

Same. Just feels super genuine. Gives credit to opponents and players, complimentary of his players without going overboard. Talks them up, reminds them that hard work still needs to be done every day.

Jokes with the media, doesn't talk down to them or try to evade questions.

It's refreshing.

thats it. He's so knowledgeable and so into his craft he has absolutely no bravado or insecurity. Most of all I really hear a love for this roster when he talks about them and he goes out of his way to praise every guy who contributes. He's always pumping up Obi/IQ/Frank/Knox any chance he gets... When Frank was getting his recent token minutes he talks about the value of practice and the trust they have in all these guys. Its f-ing awesome to see.

There's a real Coughlin vibe for me. TC was a great coach but had also had a history of wearing thin on guys and he really evolved late in the game. You can see some of that with Thibs. More teaching and less shouting (I think Rose said that )

I also really appreciate Thib's acknowledgement that lady luck always plays a role. He's just so candid and genuine refreshing is exactly the word. Plus the results are really ****ing enjoyable.

We are trending towards that Detroit formula for winning a title I talked about. We have the a top 5 defense, 7th in fewest TOs, Top 5 in 3 point shooting, and offense is 18th and trending up. We grind, we lock you down and we can shoot it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/4/2021  1:11 PM
NYKnicks Reddit never fails

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/4/2021  1:21 PM
martin wrote:NYKnicks Reddit never fails

I thought the Knicks weren’t cool though.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2021  1:42 PM
Morant is in that John wall-D’aaron Fox space. Super talented athletes. That next level is not an easy one to attain. You either get to the Kyrie level (without the mental) or learn to round out the game as has DRose had to do. Morant vs. the knicks just spazzes out to the rim. Both he and RJ are so young still and I won’t say I would take one vs the other but Morant as a knick would be crushing for him perhaps. RJ’s ability to roll with it serves him very well. His father primed him for this.
Somethings are just meant to happen.
fishmike
USA
5/4/2021  3:01 PM
def wouldnt say this in year 1, but year 2 RJ is a better player than Ja.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/4/2021  3:06 PM
fishmike wrote:def wouldnt say this in year 1, but year 2 RJ is a better player than Ja.
Yup yup
NYKBocker
USA
5/4/2021  3:16 PM
fishmike
USA
5/4/2021  3:21 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
RJ got a lot dished at him last year in a half including hearing a lot of crap on his game and team. I love his reaction here. This is Knick basketball baby!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/4/2021  3:23 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
fishmike wrote:def wouldnt say this in year 1, but year 2 RJ is a better player than Ja.
Yup yup

I still wouldn't go that far. But it's not nearly as laughable to suggest that RJ will turn out to be a better player than it was last year. Ja still has development to do before we proclaim a future superstar. That said...I'm still holding out hope for the Ja, RJ, Zion superteam in the future.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
USA
5/4/2021  3:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Yup yup

I still wouldn't go that far. But it's not nearly as laughable to suggest that RJ will turn out to be a better player than it was last year. Ja still has development to do before we proclaim a future superstar. That said...I'm still holding out hope for the Ja, RJ, Zion superteam in the future.

Yo! Put on the Knick Colored Glasses and join the movement! We drinking the Kool-Aid baby!

GameThread: Knicks continue road trip to Memphis, 9pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy