[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks begin the roadtrip in Houston, 8pm
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/3/2021  12:47 PM
martin wrote:I think we will see Payton's minutes continue to decline, especially with Burks coming back.

If it hasn't happened yet, no way Thibs takes Payton out of starting spot this deep into season unless there is injury. Maybe there is a iota of chance if Luca Vildoza blazes like Lin did.

Just is what it is. Team mentality to the hilt; Thibs and everyone will support Payton in this role.

Payton played 14 mins last night...Don't see his minutes declining much more than that since is caps Rose off at 34 mins. If anyone might lose minutes when Burks comes back, unfortunately, I think it will be Quickley. Of course, Bullock will lose minutes too, but I doubt Payton is effecting to much by Burks return.

AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

5/3/2021  1:12 PM
Who will become the hate magnet if Payton doesn't play?
Knickfury11
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
5/3/2021  3:19 PM
technomaster wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
MS wrote:Anyone notice when Obi doesn’t have a clear path to the rim he has trouble elevating and doesn’t seem to know how to finish? Always seems to always lose the ball.

Would like to see IQ get Payton’s minutes when Burks gets back out there.

He doesnt have lot of lateral quickness right now. Obi is learning how to spin, use his quickness to get around players. Has to develop an effective crossover.

Last few games he was showing some nice moves to get by defenders. Dont believe we're going to see Obi get that part of his game down until next season, at the earliest. As well as a full camp SL, preseason.

Pretty evident from his college games he lacked lateral quickness. Lack of ball handling skills made me believe he was more of an undersized 5 rather than the 4 they are hoping he becomes.

His body type is a little challenging - long legs/high hips. He'll need lots of reps but I think he could will himself to at least serviceable skills in the paint in traffic. If it looks hopeless, a turn around/fadeaway jumper (like prime/post-prime MJ) would be a good addition to his arsenal (as it would be for literally any NBA player). He's tall enough and has extremely long arms. He also has pretty good vision for a big. I could also see him playing a high post role like Pau Gasol on offense, though I think it's risky suggesting he can match some of the skills of the all-time greats.

(Also understanding that Obi has elite straight line speed, leaping, catching, and finishing ability... so he kind of needs to figure out how to maximize opportunities to use his these strengths too)

Obi needs time simple. Need to get him in situations where he can use his strengths to his advantage. Start building his confidence ( feel this is key for rookies ). Physically he has all the tools to succeed on both sides of the floor.

Want to see more of him in the PnR & PnP. Aggression going to the basket.

GameThread: Knicks begin the roadtrip in Houston, 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy