[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New Style of Play
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/25/2002  1:04 PM
For those of you that watched last night, the Knicks were playing in the second half like a different team. They were passing the ball with, as "Clyde" would say, fluidity, and it was really incredible. I couldn't believe I was watching the Knicks, Houston was flourishing, Spree missed a few open shots and if he had hit it would've been over earlier. If the Knicks continue to play like this I think they'd have a shot @ hitting .500, hopefully they will. Also, who else besides me thinks its Thomas's hot start was a key to their win. Not on the surface level that he scored points, but if you go deeper then that he began to draw some doubles and waht not, just like what would happen if the Knicks had a low post presence. Chaney should run some plays to him early, get him some points early like that yesterday and add that with the passing and you got yourself a new style of play.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
john44
Member: #115
USA
1/25/2002  1:31 PM
yeah i agree the ball movement was great and that has to come from the pointguards. And with Thomas i think he is X factor on the team cause you know for the most part spree and allan will get you the points Camby will rebound and get some garbage points so they need Thomas in the post and to score and rebound. But i dont think the Knicks can win much with Camby missing 4 layups a game i love him and all but he needs to make layups. Also spoon is starting to play better and he will help alot on the boards.
Matt
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2002  2:54 PM
Couple of game notes:

Thomas finally showed up, if but for one game. No complaining. No stupid fouls. Controlled play. This is what I expected out of him after last years’ playoff run. Maybe some incidental trade rumors involving his name has light a proverbial fire.

Camby is definitely hurt. I saw him tag-along on a fast break, and it was clearly a case where he could not keep up with Mark Jackson, running the wing. The man is hurt.

After all of the turnovers in the first half, the second half was a godsend to watch.

Is it me or does Marbury look like a point guard in the fashion of Allen Iverson in his early years. The guy can definitely score, but I did not see him thoroughly get his teammates involved in the play (especially in the 2nd half - or maybe that was just the Knicks' D).
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigSm00th
USA
1/25/2002  4:50 PM
Indeed Starbury looked like a 2, and at points in the second half, Penny would bring the ball up and Marbury was playing wing, giving them an odd mix of a 6 7 point and a 6 2 wing. I'm beginning to respect Camby a lot because he keeps saying how he knows he has to play and how they need to win, and I agree, I think he's playing hurt, but he's finally sucking it up and playing.
#Knickstaps
john44
Member: #115
USA
1/26/2002  2:28 AM
Im starting to get a little sick of camby getting hurt yes i think hes playing with an injury but enough is enough. If hes goin to be an all-star type player he has to stop getting hurt or play through it with out it affecting his game.
Matt
knickheart
Member: #199
1/26/2002  10:39 PM
Ball movement is the key to team chemistry but in key moments of key games, good old isolation, "take him to the hole" offensive system is what we are best at. I stand corrected, defense is what we've been best at, but I doubt that'll continue which is why I want Fratello next season...
BigSm00th
USA
1/26/2002  11:34 PM
God, I don't know if I could take a Mike Fratello season with all the games being 78-76. I'd rather score in the 90s to 100s and watch good basketball then watch those snoozefests that the Czar would put on for us. And also, the only one who really excells at isolation is Sprewell. Jackson is a good postup player but Houston is much better coming off a screen and shooting then have to put the ball on the ground.
#Knickstaps
New Style of Play

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy