4/24/2021  3:38 PM
Dude seems like he has a lot left in the tank
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
4/24/2021  3:56 PM
He is playing like he has accepted who he is as a player vs. The first time he played here, he played with anger, because of the trade and he played for a contract.

It also helps that he is playing for thibs vs. Hornaceck, who was forced to run the triangle.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

4/24/2021  4:17 PM
xblvdels3 wrote:Plus 1

We got him for Dennis smith jr 😂

Plus a #2 to be fair. But still a steal. Especially compared to the moves many were clamoring for at the trading deadline.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/24/2021  4:26 PM
unstopaball12 wrote:He is playing like he has accepted who he is as a player vs. The first time he played here, he played with anger, because of the trade and he played for a contract.

It also helps that he is playing for thibs vs. Hornaceck, who was forced to run the triangle.

100% correct

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/24/2021  6:13 PM
He’s been awesome. It’s nice that he picked it up once Burks went down. Knicks strength is interchangeable role players. But Rose has taken it to another level.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/25/2021  4:14 AM
I really am at a loss of who we could get this summer that would be better than Rose. I think there is a real chance they resign him and make Rose the starter next year and just draft a pg rather than trying to sign another FA pg.
Trust the Process
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
4/25/2021  5:46 AM
I think Rose fits the 6th man role very very well. He can play 24 minutes a game, while taking a game off every now and then.

Dream off season is: Let go of Payton and Frank.
Sign: Kyle Lowry-2 year deal(20 million per)

xblvdels3
Member: #8868

4/25/2021  7:24 AM
Derrick rose is great but let’s not forget he needs plenty of personal and injury time off during a season.

Our immediate gratifications is signing good players next 2 years.

Our long term gratifications is continuing to build our greatest asset(interchangeable role players)

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/25/2021  7:30 AM
TheGame wrote:I really am at a loss of who we could get this summer that would be better than Rose. I think there is a real chance they resign him and make Rose the starter next year and just draft a pg rather than trying to sign another FA pg.

Yeah I agree. The only question is if Rose can hold up as a starter with heavier minutes. If I’m the Knicks I treat the draft as if we aren’t signing a new starting PG in free agency. One of Dosunmu or Jared Butler should be available as an nba ready backup PG. And then we can always just grab a cheap depth PG on a 1-year deal or bring back Ntilikina. That would be the alternative to signing a Ball or Schroder. A lot of it still comes down to how they view Quickley too. As a future PG or SG.

Welpee
Member: #6239

4/25/2021  11:55 AM

Anybody remember somebody starting a thread about how DSJ was quietly emerging in Detroit. Must have been very quiet because he's been garbage there too. Followed the same script as here, had a couple of encouraging games when he first got there, then settled into who he really is.

If you're creative, you could look at the KP trade has us receiving Randle, Rose and two 1st round picks for Porzingis.

KnickDanger

4/25/2021  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2021  1:22 PM
Welpee wrote:

Anybody remember somebody starting a thread about how DSJ was quietly emerging in Detroit. Must have been very quiet because he's been garbage there too. Followed the same script as here, had a couple of encouraging games when he first got there, then settled into who he really is.

If you're creative, you could look at the KP trade has us receiving Randle, Rose and two 1st round picks for Porzingis.

Don’t forget Bullock and IQ who both came via the cap space. Even Noel and Burks. It's kind of fancy math but these moves all together would not have been possible without moving KP, Timmy, et al.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/25/2021  12:55 PM
Welpee wrote:

We definitely won the trade, even if those first round picks don’t pan out. Even if KP were healthy, Randle still is a better player.

Trust the Process
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/25/2021  1:43 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Don’t forget Bullock and IQ who both came via the cap space. Even Noel and Burks. It's kind of fancy math but these moves all together would not have been possible without moving KP, Timmy, et al.

Perry was responsible for bringing in most of those players. as well as Randle, and Mitch. When Melo and KP's trade value were at rock bottom.

Hope Rose isnt reflexively thinking of replacing him with a CAA connection. When Perry's contract expires. If it aint' broke, dont fix it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2021  2:58 PM
TheGame wrote:
Welpee wrote:

We definitely won the trade, even if those first round picks don’t pan out. Even if KP were healthy, Randle still is a better player.

I love this pic:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/25/2021  3:18 PM
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I love this pic:

Ha, didn’t realize we can now add DRose to the pile of booty we hauled from the KP thread, so:

KP, Tim Jr and co, for:

DRose
Randle
Quickley
Bullock
Taj
2 first rounders
2 Detroit Second rounders

Ridiculous!

KnickDanger

4/25/2021  3:20 PM
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I love this pic:

I love it too. So who gets the credit?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/25/2021  3:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2021  3:37 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I love this pic:

One person doesnt deserve all the credit. Leon brought in Thibs/Rose/Noel. Drafted Quick from a Perry pick. Loosely speaking its been a collaboration. Started with the foundation Perry put down. And built up by Rose and his new hires. Hard to find a more seemless transition between regimes.

A big reason being that Perry and Rose have demonstrated that they both bring something to the table. Makes sense to keep things the way they are. Enough of a sample size to say that Perry has earned an extension.

Welpee
Member: #6239

4/25/2021  4:59 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I love this pic:

KP's brother. Executive of the decade.
Derrick rose is F Good

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy