Member: #2
USA
4/21/2021  12:10 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/21/2021  12:35 PM
We need this win. We've done well against Hawks in past but now they come with reinforcements and better coaching. Should be a fun one for sure.
The Future is Bright!
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/21/2021  1:11 PM
TPercy wrote:We need this win. We've done well against Hawks in past but now they come with reinforcements and better coaching. Should be a fun one for sure.

Yeah didn't the coach get fired minutes after we beat them

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2021  1:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:We need this win. We've done well against Hawks in past but now they come with reinforcements and better coaching. Should be a fun one for sure.

Yeah didn't the coach get fired minutes after we beat them

We last played them February 15th. They fired Lloyd Pierce on March 1st. Your thinking of Ryan Saunders after we beat the wolves.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/21/2021  2:16 PM
Coach: Lloyd Pierce (14-20), Nate McMillan (18-6)

coaching matters and team chemistry is part of that. Nate is a good coach and knows how to manage these guys.

Nate can coach!
Season Lg Award
2004-05 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (November)
2007-08 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (December)
2008-09 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (April)
2010-11 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (April)
2016-17 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (April)
2018-19 NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month (December)
2020-21 NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month (March)

That being said I simply think the Knicks are better. Plus Trae is a such a soft bitch I hate his style of play. Nate's the only guy I like on the whole team.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
4/21/2021  2:26 PM
martin
USA
4/21/2021  2:26 PM
fishmike wrote:Coach: Lloyd Pierce (14-20), Nate McMillan (18-6)

coaching matters and team chemistry is part of that. Nate is a good coach and knows how to manage these guys.

Nate can coach!
Season Lg Award
2004-05 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (November)
2007-08 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (December)
2008-09 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (April)
2010-11 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (April)
2016-17 NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month (April)
2018-19 NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month (December)
2020-21 NBA Eastern Conference Coach of the Month (March)

That being said I simply think the Knicks are better. Plus Trae is a such a soft bitch I hate his style of play. Nate's the only guy I like on the whole team.

hahahahahahaha yup

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/21/2021  4:20 PM
Hawks are a pain, lots of 3pt shooters plus the most annoying flopper in the game.

Quick straw poll, what is more annoying to watch:

a) Trae Young flaying/flopping
b) Luka Doncic whining after every single whistle and play

martin
USA
4/21/2021  4:26 PM
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/21/2021  4:27 PM
About the Hawks:
Yep, Trae is a guy I wish we had, but since he's on a different team, that guy's soft. I HATE HIS GAME. Too much iso, too free wheeling, too many bad shots, and he doesn't play any D. :p McMillan has done a fantastic job since taking over. And they're doing it with several critical players hurt (Hunter, Reddish... Gallinari is also out tonight). Collins just came back from ankle injury after 3 weeks out. If there were a 2nd half coach of the year, it'd be McMillan.

But back to the Knicks lovefest. We're on fire as a team, and I think the Hornets were a bit of a good warm up to get the Knicks ready for dynamic backcourt play. We've already clinched a tie breaker over Atlanta come playoff time. This game is about literally ripping the 4th seed from them right now.

I like our chances - The Knicks have the length to contain Capela... and Quickley seems to have studied Trae's movies. I expect him to play 20+ mins tonight again with Burks out. The Knicks need to stick to the Hawks 3pt shooters. I expect the Knicks to give their PGs a shot to stop Trae with man coverage and let Trae try to win this on his own. I'd expect Trae to go off for 30+, maybe close on 40pts tonight. I don't know if the Hawks are prepared to handle the Knicks physicality.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
smackeddog
4/21/2021  4:33 PM
smackeddog
4/21/2021  4:36 PM
technomaster wrote:About the Hawks:
Yep, Trae is a guy I wish we had, but since he's on a different team, that guy's soft. I HATE HIS GAME. Too much iso, too free wheeling, too many bad shots, and he doesn't play any D. :p McMillan has done a fantastic job since taking over. And they're doing it with several critical players hurt (Hunter, Reddish... Gallinari is also out tonight). Collins just came back from ankle injury after 3 weeks out. If there were a 2nd half coach of the year, it'd be McMillan.

But back to the Knicks lovefest. We're on fire as a team, and I think the Hornets were a bit of a good warm up to get the Knicks ready for dynamic backcourt play. We've already clinched a tie breaker over Atlanta come playoff time. This game is about literally ripping the 4th seed from them right now.

I like our chances - The Knicks have the length to contain Capela... and Quickley seems to have studied Trae's movies. I expect him to play 20+ mins tonight again with Burks out. The Knicks need to stick to the Hawks 3pt shooters. I expect the Knicks to give their PGs a shot to stop Trae with man coverage and let Trae try to win this on his own. I'd expect Trae to go off for 30+, maybe close on 40pts tonight. I don't know if the Hawks are prepared to handle the Knicks physicality.

I think this will be a real tough one- Capella is playing great this season, they have 3 point shooters at every position, Bogdanovic, plus Lou Williams off the bench, and when healthy Gallo and Hunter (who looked great before injury)- just loaded with 3pt shooters at every position plus Trae Young who gets awarded FT’s if you breathe on him

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/21/2021  5:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hawks are a pain, lots of 3pt shooters plus the most annoying flopper in the game.

b2) Luka Doncic waving his flabby arms in the air every time he hits a shot or makes a decent pass.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/21/2021  5:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
technomaster wrote:About the Hawks:

I think this will be a real tough one- Capella is playing great this season, they have 3 point shooters at every position, Bogdanovic, plus Lou Williams off the bench, and when healthy Gallo and Hunter (who looked great before injury)- just loaded with 3pt shooters at every position plus Trae Young who gets awarded FT’s if you breathe on him

I think they are a good fit for Thibs and the Knicks. I will be curious to see if Taj gets more run to see if they can pull Capella out of the paint. will be really interesting.

BTW on your prior question: BOTH. Trae's flopping and Luka's bitching are equally insufferable.

Really want to beat these guys. RJ and Randle should really destroy whoever guards them. We just have to keep the flopping fish from drawing too many stupid ones

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/21/2021  5:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hawks are a pain, lots of 3pt shooters plus the most annoying flopper in the game.

KP.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/21/2021  5:19 PM
Thibs has been doing situational substitution right now since Burks has been out. Frank one game, Obi the next then Knox. I think with this matchup we will see Frank get some burn to guard flopper extraordinaire.
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/21/2021  5:43 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Thibs has been doing situational substitution right now since Burks has been out. Frank one game, Obi the next then Knox. I think with this matchup we will see Frank get some burn to guard flopper extraordinaire.

Frank didn't play the last time we played them, and Burk mind as well had been in protocol for that game because it was his worst game as a knick.

It's all About Randle and RJ and good tema defense

ES
martin
USA
4/21/2021  6:07 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

KP.

Winner

GameThread: Knicks host Atlanta, 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy