[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks host Hornets, 730pm
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2021  9:43 PM
BillTheButcher wrote:Hate to be that guy ............But we should have took Bridges over Kev ...........

You're in line behind a lot of other guys

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
PresIke
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #33
USA
4/20/2021  9:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2021  9:46 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
PresIke wrote:I still can hardly believe what is going on.

Just incredible.

Great combo of factors that Clyde laid out

They need to call out Payton and his selfish ass

He was woeful but he'll be gone next season.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/20/2021  9:46 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/20/2021  9:47 PM
I gotta say I don't see where winning our 7th straight is the time to pile the hatin' on Payton. Just me.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/20/2021  9:49 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I gotta say I don't see where winning our 7th straight is the time to pile the hatin' on Payton. Just me.

IDK man, he definitely had a couple of selfish plays out there..Even Breen called him out.

I got love for payton, but he does go for self more than need be

ES
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/20/2021  9:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I gotta say I don't see where winning our 7th straight is the time to pile the hatin' on Payton. Just me.

IDK man, he definitely had a couple of selfish plays out there..Even Breen called him out.

I got love for payton, but he does go for self more than need be

Like i said just me. I'd rather focus on how this great this run is than crap on a guy who played 18 minutes. At plus 17 for what it's worth.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/20/2021  10:00 PM
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/20/2021  10:00 PM
I’m feeling guilty and worried that these good feeling I have about this team are premature.
This is the Randle.
Welpee
Member: #6239

4/20/2021  10:02 PM
BillTheButcher wrote:Hate to be that guy ............But we should have took Bridges over Kev ...........
Yeah, and we should've taken Donovan Mitchell over Frank. I wish I could make all life decisions in hindsight.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/20/2021  10:30 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:I’m feeling guilty and worried that these good feeling I have about this team are premature.

Even if that’s the case, I’m enjoying every hard fought game. Like I haven’t in a LOOONNNG time.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/20/2021  10:43 PM
martin wrote:

Not a lot of gals though? Cancel culture is coming for you Martin.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
wargames
Member: #6053

4/20/2021  10:56 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:

anyhow...... yeah Knox was a mistake.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/20/2021  11:31 PM
wargames wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:

Fizdale pushed the FO to draft him. Knox was considered a project, 18 when drafted. Im sure the FO was hoping Knox would be farther along, at this point. Knox has pretty much abandoned his inside game. His takes to the rim. Cant remember the last time I watched him drive.

Knox has a much better chance of being an impact player if he doesnt rely strictly on his jumper.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/21/2021  12:08 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
wargames wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:

Fizdale pushed the FO to draft him. Knox was considered a project, 18 when drafted. Im sure the FO was hoping Knox would be farther along, at this point. Knox has pretty much abandoned his inside game. His takes to the rim. Cant remember the last time I watched him drive.

Knox has a much better chance of being an impact player if he doesnt rely strictly on his jumper.

Didn’t get a chance to see game but yeah it seems that he is allergic at getting to rim. I still refer back to that game he had vs Sixers in his freshman season. Looked a completely different player.

The Future is Bright!
wargames
Member: #6053

4/21/2021  1:53 AM
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
wargames wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:

Didn’t get a chance to see game but yeah it seems that he is allergic at getting to rim. I still refer back to that game he had vs Sixers in his freshman season. Looked a completely different player.

He hasn’t developed at all, and yeah he’s recessed. The only hope left is he is still young enough to develop. Look at Randle and RJ. I don’t think he could develop as much as them but maybe to a level that he can play meaningful minutes.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/21/2021  7:46 AM
Fwiw miles is just breaking out this year. He’s 23. Drafted after sophomore year

Kk is 21 and his coach told everyone to be patient. So I haven’t written him off. Yes everyone would prefer if he were contributing right now

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/21/2021  8:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2021  8:56 AM
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
wargames wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:

He is not playing with much confidence. He's settling rather than attacking. The next step in his evolution is working on his handle. Right now, when he does put the ball on the floor, which is rare, its in a straight line. He has no change of direction or counter moves in his game.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/21/2021  9:05 AM
Chandler wrote:Fwiw miles is just breaking out this year. He’s 23. Drafted after sophomore year

Kk is 21 and his coach told everyone to be patient. So I haven’t written him off. Yes everyone would prefer if he were contributing right now

Since the draft, I've monitored Bridges progressed compared to Knox. Depite Knox being younger, he got off to a faster start his rookie year because he got minutes and he was also the better shooter from deep than Bridges was stronger and the better athlete.

The major difference between the 2 players this year is confidence. Bridges is playing with confidence and is playing in a team that's allowing him to play through his mistakes. Bridges was throwing the ball across the MSG gym, and took some early in the shot-clock 3's but wasn't yanked off the floor by the coach. If Knox took some of the shots or made some of the passes Bridges made he would have been pulled immediately. Not blaming Thibs, but its just 2 different situations.

Knox really needs to work on his handle if he wants to make that jump to the next level. Right now he's just a 6'9 spot up shooter. Once, or if, he develops his handle becomes more than just someone who can dribble in a straight line and attacks the rim, he will make a major jump. But, he also needs the playing time.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/21/2021  9:54 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:Fwiw miles is just breaking out this year. He’s 23. Drafted after sophomore year

Since the draft, I've monitored Bridges progressed compared to Knox. Depite Knox being younger, he got off to a faster start his rookie year because he got minutes and he was also the better shooter from deep than Bridges was stronger and the better athlete.

The major difference between the 2 players this year is confidence. Bridges is playing with confidence and is playing in a team that's allowing him to play through his mistakes. Bridges was throwing the ball across the MSG gym, and took some early in the shot-clock 3's but wasn't yanked off the floor by the coach. If Knox took some of the shots or made some of the passes Bridges made he would have been pulled immediately. Not blaming Thibs, but its just 2 different situations.

Knox really needs to work on his handle if he wants to make that jump to the next level. Right now he's just a 6'9 spot up shooter. Once, or if, he develops his handle becomes more than just someone who can dribble in a straight line and attacks the rim, he will make a major jump. But, he also needs the playing time.

agree with what you say, and also with those who think Miles is a better contributor at the moment. That said, every time Miles shot (not dunk) i expected a miss -- really did. ANd with KK i expect it to go in

there are two different approaches to these guys' development. KK would benefit with a better handle and improved defense (though i think he's shown growth there it needs another jump to get more playing time). IMO even if he doesn't develop a handle he can contribute. We have plenty of facilitators from pg, Julius, RJ. Anyone remember Rashard Lewis?

(5)(5)
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/21/2021  10:52 AM
wargames wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:

I was kidding by a lot.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GameThread: Knicks host Hornets, 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy