Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/19/2021  5:27 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lets say the Pels flame out in the playoffs. If Zion wants to get traded to NY. This would be the offseason to do it. Randle is posting elite numbers. Still young.

Im guessing it would take Randle/Mitch and a couple of unprotected first rounders. Maybe a second as well. Not to play down the amazing season Randle ia having. But if Zion wants to be a Knick, have to try and make it happen. Sooner rather than later, if he wants out. Odd he spoke now. This early.

After this season, Zion's still got 3 years left.

I don't know how either team could justify making that trade right now. For NO, obvious reasons. Zion being viewed as their franchise player and making amends for the Anthony Davis fiasco.

On NY's side, Randle has built up too much goodwill to ship him off now. The way he worked himself into an all-star, setting the tone for this team and winning back a fanbase who had written him off. What do players think around the league as they watch this unfold and see NY ship him out the same year?

2 years left after this season, then an RFA. Zion and Luka, are the two players you drop all future plans, to try to make a deal happen. Sentimentality goes out the window when a multi-generational player wants to be traded to your team. You dont even think twice when they arent even close to their prime yet, but already putting up superstar numbers. Thats how you win championships.

You dont let opportunities like this pass. If in fact there is one. Not suggesting it is a fact. Only saying if Zion wants out early, wants to be traded to NY. You do what it takes to make it happen. Short of trading his wingman RJ.

I'm not in that camp. I don't see Zion having a long and successful NBA career. Man is a load, no doubt, but that's a lot of weight and pressure on those knees. I think he'll continue to get all-star nods, maybe a few seasons over 60 games, but I see a lot of risk.

My own skepticism aside, if NO approaches you with the offer, it's one thing. If you go to NO with the offer, which you have to expect 99.99% will be rejected, AND then it leaks that you were shopping your self-made cornerstone - you've just shot yourself in the foot PR and chemistry wise. There's not a play here, certainly not this year or next.

Have to agree to disagree. Dont believe Zion is predestined for an injury riddled career. We were willing to take a gamble on KP. Who had better odds of becoming that type of player, wasnt nearly as good.

Passing on Zion (if he asked to be traded to NY) would be the biggest mistake in franchise history.

AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

4/19/2021  5:55 PM
Well if we plan to get Zion we’re going to have to wait a while.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/19/2021  7:32 PM
Just throwing this here.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/20/2021  3:40 AM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickfury11 wrote:Hey everybody - seems a long time since I posted last.

Following the game, couldn’t help but get far too excited and read far too much into this article.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/nba-results-2021-trade-rumours-gossip-whispers-zion-williamson-new-orleans-pelicans-new-york-knicks-scores-fixtures/news-story/0dd98d6ea0446083bc5adc56b9f3a6c7

Ah, the old ESPN Knicks coverage set piece: "Player x wants to go to NY" -> "Player x is going to NY" -> (player x doesn't go to NYK) -> "Ha ha, Knicks fans are delusional, they need to stop thinking they're getting all these top players, NO ONE wants to play there because of Dolan"

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/20/2021  11:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Lets say the Pels flame out in the playoffs. If Zion wants to get traded to NY. This would be the offseason to do it. Randle is posting elite numbers. Still young.

Im guessing it would take Randle/Mitch and a couple of unprotected first rounders. Maybe a second as well. Not to play down the amazing season Randle ia having. But if Zion wants to be a Knick, have to try and make it happen. Sooner rather than later, if he wants out. Odd he spoke now. This early.

After this season, Zion's still got 3 years left.

I don't know how either team could justify making that trade right now. For NO, obvious reasons. Zion being viewed as their franchise player and making amends for the Anthony Davis fiasco.

On NY's side, Randle has built up too much goodwill to ship him off now. The way he worked himself into an all-star, setting the tone for this team and winning back a fanbase who had written him off. What do players think around the league as they watch this unfold and see NY ship him out the same year?

2 years left after this season, then an RFA. Zion and Luka, are the two players you drop all future plans, to try to make a deal happen. Sentimentality goes out the window when a multi-generational player wants to be traded to your team. You dont even think twice when they arent even close to their prime yet, but already putting up superstar numbers. Thats how you win championships.

You dont let opportunities like this pass. If in fact there is one. Not suggesting it is a fact. Only saying if Zion wants out early, wants to be traded to NY. You do what it takes to make it happen. Short of trading his wingman RJ.

I'm not in that camp. I don't see Zion having a long and successful NBA career. Man is a load, no doubt, but that's a lot of weight and pressure on those knees. I think he'll continue to get all-star nods, maybe a few seasons over 60 games, but I see a lot of risk.

My own skepticism aside, if NO approaches you with the offer, it's one thing. If you go to NO with the offer, which you have to expect 99.99% will be rejected, AND then it leaks that you were shopping your self-made cornerstone - you've just shot yourself in the foot PR and chemistry wise. There's not a play here, certainly not this year or next.

Have to agree to disagree. Dont believe Zion is predestined for an injury riddled career. We were willing to take a gamble on KP. Who had better odds of becoming that type of player, wasnt nearly as good.

Passing on Zion (if he asked to be traded to NY) would be the biggest mistake in franchise history.

They took a chance on Porzingis because it cost a draft pick. Zion will currently cost you your all star, another asset, draft picks, and major money down the line.

Currently Zion is not remarkable better than Randle on what he does best. Randle is currently a better defender, 3 pt shooter, and passer. Not to mention the leader and heart of this team.

And Zion isn't predestined for an injury riddled career, but I personally believe he needs to make major physical changes (and even changes to his game) to have a long injury free career.

~You can't run from who you are.~
GameThread: Julius> Zion. 5 in a row, Pelicans come on down, 1pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy