[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks head to New Orleans, 8pm
Author Thread
nycdan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8926

4/15/2021  11:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2021  11:58 AM
Clean wrote:Anyone have a good idea on our chances at finishing at 6th? I want to try and avoid a play in and make it to the real playoffs.

Kind of hard to project at this point. We are in control but it's going to be a horse race.

One slight consolation is that whoever is in 7th will face off against the Bulls (currently 22-32). So as long as we don't fall to 8th, I think we'll be okay. But I would love to avoid that extra game (or god forbid two games).

Edit, I checked and got that wrong. 7 plays 8. The loser plays the winner of 9-10. Now that I see that, avoiding it is a big plus.

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

4/15/2021  12:35 PM
Zion is a very good scorer especially since he’s improved his FT shooting. But I don’t get the hype. He’s actually not a great rebounder nor does he rim protect really he lacks the length and mobility for it
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

4/15/2021  12:36 PM
Nalod wrote:Zion fat or is he just something we have never seen before on an NBA court? His arms are huge. I don’t see fat, I see a ball of muscle who defies nature. Since we have not seen a body type do this, we can’t logically think he can sustain a 10 year career but to say “he is fat” might be a bit of an pedestrian statement.
I’d say he has been thoroughly evaluated by experts and either has ignored their suggestion he lose weight, he is lazy, or he is a superior power force of nature.
He looks bigger than ever thats for sure. His arms are massive!
End of game he was quite chummy with some knicks, suprised to see him hanging with Frank for a bit.
Post writes drivel that we need to get Zion here...........Who wouldn’t. Starphuch newspaper crap.
I’d worry about paying a big price in a trade given his physical anomaly.

If Zion played in the 90’s he would be Clarence Weatherspoon

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/15/2021  1:57 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Zion fat or is he just something we have never seen before on an NBA court? His arms are huge. I don’t see fat, I see a ball of muscle who defies nature. Since we have not seen a body type do this, we can’t logically think he can sustain a 10 year career but to say “he is fat” might be a bit of an pedestrian statement.
I’d say he has been thoroughly evaluated by experts and either has ignored their suggestion he lose weight, he is lazy, or he is a superior power force of nature.
End of game he was quite chummy with some knicks, suprised to see him hanging with Frank for a bit.
Post writes drivel that we need to get Zion here...........Who wouldn’t. Starphuch newspaper crap.

Harsh!😂

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2021  6:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Harsh!😂

u’re forgetting zion’s elevation? how many cottdamn times did we watch fatspoon stuff himself on the underside of the rim

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/15/2021  9:34 PM
Marv wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Harsh!😂

u’re forgetting zion’s elevation? how many cottdamn times did we watch fatspoon stuff himself on the underside of the rim

Fatspoon wasn't always Fatspoon. There was a time when he first came to the league where he was just Thiccspoon.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/15/2021  9:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2021  9:42 PM
Zion actually reminds me of Harold Miner. He is a big fat Harold Miner
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/16/2021  12:54 AM
Zion's like the ultra-elite athletic version of Randle, albeit it with less refined skills - at least not as refined as 2020-2021 prime Randle.

But he's also super young - a month younger than RJ! It remains to be seen what his "mature" body is like - does he blow up like 'Spoon or stay lean and mean? Does his athleticism go away sooner than later (DSJ) or can he maintain it 'til his late 20s (Amare/Blake). Or heck, will he get even leaner as he hits his prime (Charles Barkley) and expand his game?

I can't help but think Zion's superstardom will have a limited shelf life, though. Human connective tissue isn't normally made to take that type of abuse!

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
4/16/2021  5:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2021  5:12 AM
Watching Zion was interesting. He is what he is because of his athleticism. I saw little actual skill. The skills that were better than I thought were passing and finishing around the rim. So if he can expand his game by adding shooting and post moves then his game will age gracefully. If not, his career will be shorter than expected.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/16/2021  7:05 AM
Some harsh words about Zion

He’s still so young. Time will tell but one key thing will be to see how he learns to best use his skills and athleticism

Guy is scoring 25+ at 60%

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/16/2021  8:01 AM
Chandler wrote:Some harsh words about Zion

He’s still so young. Time will tell but one key thing will be to see how he learns to best use his skills and athleticism

Guy is scoring 25+ at 60%

He is doing this because he is a freak of nature. The only question is can his body hold up.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/16/2021  2:47 PM
Philc1 wrote:

Your not watching his handle either. He is a quick jumper, his second jump is phenomenal. He should taper the rim protection down as to preserve himself.
We all see it and can't phantom a logical sustained level here. We also have never seen this. Wes Unseld perhaps at 6-8 but he was destined in that era to play center.
Rookie of the year and MVP in same season. That was a bad dude in an age Wilt, Kareem, Reed, Bellamy, Nate Thurmond, Lanier, walton and others roamed the earth.

GameThread: Knicks head to New Orleans, 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy