[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sprewell is really a loser
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/1/2004  3:15 PM
I was about to start a new thread called "Sprewell is a dumbass," but I'd say this thread is close enough...

He's a greedy man. Many players his age are talking about winning a championship... not him.

Cassell is kind of annoying... he's been complaining for the better part of the last decade about a cheap contract he agreed to with the Suns.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2004  3:16 PM
Props to those whom now see the real spree. '

I defended his PJ thing cuz it was all on private property and was not a crimial event. But the guy crossed the line then, and continues to find it every year.

SPree won't be seen at too many old timers days in the future.

I took a lot of heat spree hating in the day. He owned the city after 1999, too bad he can't just get along.

He got paid well to take them into the playoffs. He will get paid very nice this year. He has not done a thing this year and already talking like he did some kind of heroic event and upset he won't get paid. $14mil! You suppose to be the man.
Now pootie spree is holding the team hostage! Looks like sam, KG and spree all deserve each other!
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
11/1/2004  3:21 PM
The Timberwolves are offering Spree a handsome amount, more than his market value. As Mark Cuban said, guys should be paid in the NBA for their expected production, not what they have done in the past. No other team will cough up nearly the amount McHale is ponying up.

Its like a game of Texas Hold'em gone bad - Spree's trying to bluff but every new fool at the table knows his cards. "Why should I win a title for the Timberwolves?" Nice sales pitch, Spree. How 'bout to earn your next paycheck ya dumb f***.

And about his starving kids? If you can't fill their plates with 15 mil, find a better accountant or some better kids. The only reason Spree's kids can possibly be starving is negligence
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Nalod
USA
11/1/2004  3:32 PM
good post quoting Cubans remarks.

Spree got to feed them dogs too! I forgot his loving support of his dog whom bit a piece of his daughters ear off.

The only thing missing from sprees career would have been as a member of the JailBlazers.

At least he has yet to shoot anyone. He has been drug free.

If he plays, TT can make alot of new friends by taking him down.
Nalod
USA
11/1/2004  3:35 PM
funny spree said last week that "isiah would have talked dolan into trading me. I am an Isiah kind of guy".

I don't think so. Isiah is more like Bobby Knight. We gotta get a Spree "detatched" from reality show.

Have Bobby Knight and Spree drive from sea to shining sea!
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/1/2004  4:08 PM
I agree about losing respect for him that game he went off on Dolan in the garden,not that he didnt deserve a few choice words.The fans did deserve better after the way we first supported him as a Knick when he was the most hated player in the league by most accounts and gave him a pass for all the off-court drama.Im sorry to hear about his kids,it must be tough raising them to be ingrates like their daddy.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/2/2004  1:42 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME!

This team was a flame out for 7 straight seasons, KG as great of a player he is, would have never won the MVP if not for sam and spree allowing him to not get doubled and triple team every time down the floor. KG himself said this. KG the highest paid NBA player ever, cause the damn LOCKOUT.

The only problem I have with Spree is his constant Lip service to the media. Thats real bitchy IMO. he has a penchant for settling all his problems through the media.

He may not be worth the money is asking for going foward, but if that team expects to go anywhere pass the first round (they will not do it without a happy spree, and a content Sam) They need to negotiate a little better offer then what there presenting to him.

As far as him having tons of money, his life stlye is what it is.
Like anyone of us in the 30K to 50k a year bracket. Would you take a pay cut because yor getting older but still produce the same. especially after all the great things you have done in the past.
Are you going to go from $8 lunches to cheese sandwiches.

Give me a break, the team has the money, pay the guys because your were failing without them.

I see where you are trying to go with this, but it is different, the world of professional athletes is much different. I am an accountant in my 30's, over the next 20+ years, I don't expect to become worse at my craft, but better, because most of us who have professional office jobs our craft is not dependant on our physical skills. Spree's job is based on physical skills and players are paid accordingly, so when issuing contracts GM's have to look at the possible production they are going to get in the future, and spree is 34 going on 35, young for corperate america, a little worn for professional sports, and at 14 mil a year, I am not feeling sorry for this cat, if I had to take a pay cut because of my age and not my performance, that is age discrimination, in professional sports, it is smart business, that is why they sign contracts... Huge ones at that...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/2/2004  1:23 PM
I see where you are trying to go with this, but it is different, the world of professional athletes is much different. I am an accountant in my 30's, over the next 20+ years, I don't expect to become worse at my craft, but better, because most of us who have professional office jobs our craft is not dependant on our physical skills. Spree's job is based on physical skills and players are paid accordingly, so when issuing contracts GM's have to look at the possible production they are going to get in the future, and spree is 34 going on 35, young for corperate america, a little worn for professional sports, and at 14 mil a year, I am not feeling sorry for this cat, if I had to take a pay cut because of my age and not my performance, that is age discrimination, in professional sports, it is smart business, that is why they sign contracts... Huge ones at that...

I agree with this, but lets not forget one thing, 90% of all NBA players are overpaid, and spree is no exception.

Where are the T Wolves going without him, or cassel, How many steps did spree actully loose, and his jumper, and long range abilty has only increase in the later stages of his career. I'm not saying they should give him what he wants, but they should definately seek to make him happy. All of a sudden wally's here and sprees not so important. Depth is everything, and If you want to win now, you better make plans to do so or it's just a short matter of time before before it all will crumble.
ES
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/2/2004  1:42 PM
T'Wolves already have Wally Szcerbiak who can step right into Spree's place, & they can have the money to go after a FA if they simply let Spree & Cassell's contracts expire as well...Michael Redd will be available...they have options open to them...they don't need to sign Spree to any extension that doesn't make sense for their franchise.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
USA
11/2/2004  2:14 PM
Looks like the wolves are trying to dump Sam, wally, Spree for Kidd with wally ending on the knicks.

Spree on the nets is perfect. But imagine Spree lighting up the garden for 45 and putting a "W" for the nets! Won't be happy, but its good drama!

If TT wants a new contract, he can clothsline Pootie Spree!

Alls well, sprees well!
vdfebduderocks
Member: #752
11/2/2004  5:19 PM
if spree can accept less money if he doesn't get an extension, then I personally wouldn't mind having Spree on the bench for the Knicks next year. However, i don't know if there's enough room for him. We got Craws and everyone, but i'd really want him Nene, Ward and Camby back in NY, maybe Lampe too, but not McDyess and the rest
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/2/2004  5:44 PM
The T-Wolves have a business to run.....

Spree has maybe 2 years left playing fairly well. you might say the same for Cassell. Someone said they already have Wally who could step right in....yeah they also have Troy Hudson too....

I say let both players walk and get guys here that want to win. Get some young guys in and reload. Eddie Griffin could emerge as a starter this season.....there will be other players than Spree and Cassell.

I could see maybe giving Spree a large one year contract but he wants a long term deal....that can't happen.

McHale has to do the right thing for the future not pad payroll like Chris Mullin.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/2/2004  7:20 PM
If spree demands a trade let him demand a trade.... I don't think he gets that himself and sam are near the end of their careers... He should be very gracious the twolves even offered that rather generous extension
http://allknicks.com
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/2/2004  7:50 PM
All that drama between Spree & the Timberwolves is part of the negotiation process. Both sides are posturing and taking firm stances to gain leverage.

The Wolves need to include incentives that are based on games played and performance. That way the deals can be lucrative for the players as well as the team- with both sides getting what they want.

IMO, this method should be implemented league-wide. You would see players putting forth that "contract year" type effort every year.

Oh yeah, I would love to get Spree back in a Knicks Uni, but the youth & talent we have now is pretty deep @ the positions he plays.

Wherever he goes, whatever deal he gets, Spree's still one of my faves. He just keeps on keeping on, despite all the petty venom haters spew. Still spinning like his rims, way after he retires...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
OldFan
Member: #446
11/3/2004  8:26 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

All that drama between Spree & the Timberwolves is part of the negotiation process. Both sides are posturing and taking firm stances to gain leverage.

The Wolves need to include incentives that are based on games played and performance. That way the deals can be lucrative for the players as well as the team- with both sides getting what they want.

IMO, this method should be implemented league-wide. You would see players putting forth that "contract year" type effort every year.

Oh yeah, I would love to get Spree back in a Knicks Uni, but the youth & talent we have now is pretty deep @ the positions he plays.

Wherever he goes, whatever deal he gets, Spree's still one of my faves. He just keeps on keeping on, despite all the petty venom haters spew. Still spinning like his rims, way after he retires...

The idea of incentive based contracts is great but doesn't the salary cap limit what can be done. Also, the players now have contracts that
give them gauranteed money and they basically get paid for past performance. It will be near impossible to get them to give them up for contracts that are more incentive based. (One other note of caution - incentive based contracts can lead to extreme selfishness if they are not constructed extremely carefully. )
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/3/2004  10:35 AM
btw guys, Spree is in trouble w/the law too

http://sports.excite.com/news/11032004/v9853.html
Latrell Sprewell of the Minnesota Timberwolves received a misdemeanor citation Tuesday after being involved in a verbal confrontation with a police officer.

Sprewell, who was criticized by NBA Commissioner David Stern for comments he made regarding a contract extension, was riding in a vehicle that was stopped in downtown Minneapolis about 6 p.m. Tuesday, police spokesman Ron Reier said.

Sprewell spoke up while the driver was being questioned about licensing and insurance.

"Somehow, Sprewell attempted to intervene in the situation," Reier said. "He was then ordered to not interfere."

Sprewell ignored the order and was ticketed for failing to obey the lawful order of a police officer, Reier said.

Sprewell has demanded that the team extend his contract, or he'll ask to be traded. Sprewell averaged 16.8 points last season and is due to make $14.6 million this year.

Timberwolves vice president Kevin McHale declined to comment about the citation.

it's not just posturing & natural negotiation going on here...Spree just can't control his big mouth.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
USA
11/3/2004  11:03 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

I agree with everything you say. Really. Spree as a topic is very petty in our world now. I don't think its being "hating" as much as spree really saying some things that even the causual fan would object too. The comment of not playing for a title until he is taken care of is very much out of line. That is not petty.

Look at the reaction from even the best spree supporters over the years. Its offensive to sports fans and timberwolve fans, especially ticket holders must be very put off by such a stupid comment. They invest in the team, they buy into both financial and emotionally and I can understand how fans would be disgusted by that statement.

Stand by your man is your choice, but this guy seems to blow his bridges up where ever he goes. With spree, your either with him, but if your neutral your against him.

when he left the players were very supportive of spree and wished him well. Allan said nothing but good things about him and they were ok with things. Allan was not supportive of his foul mouthed tirade in the garden and spoke against it. Now he speaks as if he was betrayed by Allan. By most accounts, spree was way out of line that night.

Bottom line, Spree was and is a great player, but his antics undermine a team after a while. ThE knicks were good team mates and stood by him or made it public. I thought the players handled internal things pretty well. Management usually did things equally as well. In his case, he painted them into a corner. And he is doing it again.

The nets may be very happy to dump Kidd and take spree for this year. He won't get resigned.

Would he ever be a knick again? I seriously doubt it.

[Edited by - nalod on 11/03/2004 12:25:37]
Sprewell is really a loser

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy