[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sprewell is really a loser
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/1/2004  10:06 AM
i mean you know he is somewhat of a jerk, but after reading today's piece, to me he is a classless piece of garbage. The guy is making nearly 15mm this year and was offered an additional 27 mm, and is acting like he is was denied a .20 raise fom his 6.00 salary. I have kids to feed? Sprewell, let me speak for the millions of people who have real trouble feeding their kids--go F yourself

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/10066277.htm
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/1/2004  10:11 AM
i lost all respect for him after the way he handled that whole Dolan situation when he came back to MSG...he's a classless moron who cares only about himself...i still love the way he plays the game, but as a person, i have no respect for this guy.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/1/2004  10:16 AM
Yeah, that's sad.
¿ △ ?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/1/2004  10:43 AM
This is the Spree that I became tired of. His play on the court is great but his off court crap is what use to kill the Knicks. I lost it for Spree after his boating incident. To tell you guys the truth I'm glad he is out of NY, less of a problem to deal with.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2004  10:45 AM
total hoser... I like the part about "why would I want to win a title for you?" regarding the Wolves management. His contract will be valueable come Jan.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
11/1/2004  10:45 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i mean you know he is somewhat of a jerk, but after reading today's piece, to me he is a classless piece of garbage. The guy is making nearly 15mm this year and was offered an additional 27 mm, and is acting like he is was denied a .20 raise fom his 6.00 salary. I have kids to feed? Sprewell, let me speak for the millions of people who have real trouble feeding their kids--go F yourself

Point well made Briggs! I am sooooo tired of these multi-millionaires talking about families to feed, kids to feed, being hungry. They excuse utterly disgusting materialism and greed with a "moralistic" sense of somebody denying them survival. There are people who raise 12 children homes without making what a NBA player makes as a mininum their entire lives. For him to be insulted by only getting 27 million, then talking about feeding kids? He could feed an entire continent on that money. Disgusting.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Masterplan
Member: #362
11/1/2004  11:03 AM
i was a huge fan of spree on the court in NY, one of my favorite (ex)knicks, but i'm truly disappointed to hear him talk that way. it really is disrespectful and selfish. i hope he reconsiders and proves himself on the court again this year, playing hard and to win, instead of whining about money.
MS
Member: #724
11/1/2004  11:41 AM
Spree I love you as a player

But this is exactly why people are turned off by pro sports, its not enough that the piece of **** is making 14 plus, and they are offering him a contract that is more than fair, above his market value. They act like they did something unbelievable last year. They beat an inexperienced Denver team, and didn't do it all that convincingy, and they beat the Kings, with a hobbled Webber and no Bobby Jackson.

Spree **** you, honetly you have more money than a person could ever want, a succesful business, and a huge shoe deal.

Cassel you are underpaid for the NBA but you signed the contract, u can't bitch and moan because you and your agent are stupid.

This story makes me sick to my stomach. I am willing to be that everyone on this site doesn't make 9 million combined and its insulting. I would trade him any where and cut my losses, to come out and question an organization that traded for you in the first place, after all the **** you pulled

You just let all your fans down, you let the game down, and you have made yourself a walking example for everything that is wrong with the NBA, lacking professionalism, and threatening a coaches life, and taking for granted you are still in the NBA
TMS
USA
11/1/2004  11:49 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/11/01/SPG019JRNT1.DTL','81
J-Rich, Murphy on cusp
Agent says if no deal set, each wants out

Brad Weinstein, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, November 1, 2004

With time running short for the Warriors' Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy to sign contract extensions, their agent said Sunday night that the two fourth-year players advised him to "get them in another organization'' if no deals are reached.

The deadline for extensions was supposed to be 11:59 p.m. Sunday, but the two sides, who were allowed to start discussions Aug. 1, could have a few extra hours to negotiate because it's typical for the league to approve transactions the next business day when a deadline falls on the weekend.

Barring 11th-hour agreements, Dan Fegan said his clients want out.

"I've been instructed by Jason and Troy to do everything in my power to get an extension done this summer,'' Fegan said. "It was our understanding we would get a market extension. Failing that, they've instructed me to do everything I can to get them in another organization.''

Fegan would not elaborate. Warriors vice president Chris Mullin was unavailable for comment.

Earlier Sunday, after the Warriors' early-afternoon practice, neither Richardson nor Murphy gave such an ultimatum. Murphy did say he would have trouble getting past not receiving a deal.

"I think it would be difficult,'' Murphy said. "It would be a difficult thing because they mentioned that they want to have the young guys be the nucleus of the team. You get the chance to have the guys here, myself and Jason. If we're not able to come to an agreement, it will be difficult to understand.''

Richardson, who on Tuesday called it "mind-boggling'' that the Warriors had not signed him yet, said: "If it gets done, great. If not, I'm not worried about it. I'm not going to sweat it. ... I did everything I could to put myself in position to get signed back. Now it's up to my agent to get me paid. ''

The Warriors are believed to be offering Richardson a six-year contract worth considerably more than $60 million and Murphy a six-year contract worth significantly more than $50 million. Without extensions, both would become restricted free agents after the season, meaning the Warriors would have the right to match any offer from another team.

Richardson led the team in scoring and was the NBA's top rebounding guard last season. When asked Tuesday what he considered fair market value, Richardson said he was seeking "somewhere around the area'' of the $72-plus million contract small forward Richard Jefferson signed with New Jersey in August.

Murphy, the starting power forward, averaged 11.7 points and 10.2 rebounds two seasons ago but was limited to 28 games during an injury-plagued 2003-04. He declined to name his asking price.

Richardson acknowledged concern about uncertainty with the NBA's labor situation -- one reason why he said on the eve of training camp that "any person in their right mind'' would want to sign an extension now.

The collective bargaining agreement expires after the season, and players are aware that owners want to shorten both the maximum length of guaranteed contracts and the annual raises a player can receive.

Richardson called his pursuit of a new deal "really stressful,'' but nothing he has not experienced before.

"I was in the same situation last year. I knew if I played well, I had a chance to get an extension,'' said Richardson, who will make $3.5 million this season. "I just have to think the same way I did last year: Go out there, just play with no worries and let everything be taken care of.''

wouldn't it be ironic if the T'Wolves traded Spree back to Golden State for J. Rich in a sign & trade? GS would stand to gain some good salary cap relief with Spree's expiring deal that would allow them to afford to pay Troy Murphy the extension that he is looking for as well as make a run at Yao Ming or Michael Redd for example...then Spree would find out what his true value is in this market...i'd be surprised if anyone gave him more than the MLE.

[Edited by - TMS on 11/01/2004 12:01:22]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/1/2004  12:09 PM
Briggs, I agree that part about feeding his children almost made me puke, he is a jackass, the guy has 4 million dollars in automobiles sitting in his garage in his mansion and he is talking about feeding his children...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MS
Member: #724
11/1/2004  12:13 PM
He may have meant all his children, and that takes into account the illigitiment ones...

Paying for 15 different kids to go to college gets expensive
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/1/2004  12:45 PM
He deserves to be poor again.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/1/2004  1:06 PM
Posted by Rich:

He deserves to be poor again.

Thats his problem he thinks he is poor.
TMS
USA
11/1/2004  1:08 PM
what will he ever do if he has to sell that yacht of his? OH, WOE IS SPREE! make room for him at the homeless shelter!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2004  1:56 PM
he is the 9th highest player in the NBA, maked double what artest does, and he is talking about himself in the third person.

Troy and Jason are at least taking thru their agent. Spree earned his salary last year, and should earn it this year. What in the world does he expect?

He is only gonna get the MLE next year, and I hope he is black listed out of the NBA. The PJ thing I can almost understand. He had a bad hair day. Yelling at fans in goldenstate, just dumb, Missing a few camps from being lost, Ok, thats just ole funny spree. THe boating "Spree-Gate" thing, was the final straw. Yelling at Dolan, Priceless, but very not cool.
Being top ten paid and acting like a jerk, unforgivable.

I hope he plays tomorrow nite, and I hope he does down hard!

On the planet spree, you can live alone!
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
11/1/2004  2:18 PM
lol. "kids to feed". what do his kids eat? i got kids to feed too, and 14mil a year would be more than enough to stuff thier faces.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2004  2:21 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Simple as that.....

Go "F" Yourself!!!!!

Spree used to be my favorite player since he's left to Minnesota my eyes have opened wide on what type of person he truly is....

Feed his kids? He's averaged 14 mil for alot of years....just off his NBA career......His SprewellRacing car detailing company is like the second most popular in the country.

Feed your kids? Feed them what? Moon rocks?

If I could just have the money he will still make if he skips the game at MSG.....I would be set for life buddy. Just give me the salary you get for one game Sprewell and I can finally feed my kids and still have the time and money to pay for a courtside ticket to curse you stupid arse out!!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/1/2004  2:33 PM
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME!

This team was a flame out for 7 straight seasons, KG as great of a player he is, would have never won the MVP if not for sam and spree allowing him to not get doubled and triple team every time down the floor. KG himself said this. KG the highest paid NBA player ever, cause the damn LOCKOUT.

The only problem I have with Spree is his constant Lip service to the media. Thats real bitchy IMO. he has a penchant for settling all his problems through the media.

He may not be worth the money is asking for going foward, but if that team expects to go anywhere pass the first round (they will not do it without a happy spree, and a content Sam) They need to negotiate a little better offer then what there presenting to him.

As far as him having tons of money, his life stlye is what it is.
Like anyone of us in the 30K to 50k a year bracket. Would you take a pay cut because yor getting older but still produce the same. especially after all the great things you have done in the past.
Are you going to go from $8 lunches to cheese sandwiches.

Give me a break, the team has the money, pay the guys because your were failing without them.
ES
TMS
USA
11/1/2004  2:48 PM
someone has to pay his hair weaver, you know!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/1/2004  2:54 PM
My bias kept me from paying attention to these sort of comments during his stint in NY.
Now all I can say is good riddance!
Sprewell is really a loser

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy