Gamepicker - start it early
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2004  3:32 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Martin,If you havent already you should be seriously thinking about getting a patent for gamepicker.You could sell it to other fan sites of any team,any sport.

don't know if you can patent a game, but that would be nice. You could trademark maybe.

Actually, when we were developing the thing, we set it up so you could not only do the Knicks, but any number of nba teams or games. Entering the schedules and then all of the scores after each one is finished is the hard part (we enter the scores in a semi-automated way). It wouldn't be too hard to do it for any sport too.

It's funny, a lot of the other knicks web sites out there - and I am sure you all have come across them - now have a Gamepicker of some sort. But none attempt to acknowledge the original. Oh well.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/4/2004  6:40 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Martin,If you havent already you should be seriously thinking about getting a patent for gamepicker.You could sell it to other fan sites of any team,any sport.

don't know if you can patent a game, but that would be nice. You could trademark maybe.

Actually, when we were developing the thing, we set it up so you could not only do the Knicks, but any number of nba teams or games. Entering the schedules and then all of the scores after each one is finished is the hard part (we enter the scores in a semi-automated way). It wouldn't be too hard to do it for any sport too.

It's funny, a lot of the other knicks web sites out there - and I am sure you all have come across them - now have a Gamepicker of some sort. But none attempt to acknowledge the original. Oh well.

I believe you can patent the code you wrote.Just a thought.Either way its fun.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2004  10:19 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:
Posted by MaTT4281:
BTW I cannot stress enough how great this site is. Ultimateknicks.com is one of my favorite websites on the internet and not just because its about the Knicks...this site is even better then the official websites of most of my favorite teams.

Amen. Site is well managed and got some of the best posters around on this site.

thanks guys.
martin, can you let us pick 5 game stretches this year? i know it's been 3 game stretches in the past... but 5 games allows more flexibility. thanks man.

done.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Gamepicker - start it early

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy