[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah already traded our center of the future:
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
11/1/2004  9:44 AM
I am not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the Suns, but Lampe is already doing some nice things, and he is only 18 years old. He looks like he is very capable of averaging a double double, not this year but the next.

He actually has potential, because he is so young and is still learning how to play the game. Its too bad that Isiah felt the need to just add him as a throw in just because he didn't like his work ethic, which makes it laughable that he did the TT and Naz trade two players who are notorious for not getting what they should with their talents.

Lampe is big, can rebound the ball, and is fairly mobile, and its only a matter of time before he becomes one of top 10 big guys in the league.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/1/2004  10:02 AM
Actually Lampe will be 20 in February, but he has shown some flashes. No one really knows if Isiah 'threw' him in or not. I'm not sure Lampe would have been our center...or at lease the center NY was looking for. It seems his game is more suited for the 4 and the perimiter.

He does seem to have a nice upside, and I'd like to still have him on the roster.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/1/2004  10:07 AM
time to move on.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/1/2004  10:14 AM
Yeah, seriously, Briggs. Get over this guys. If Isiah had tried to pull Lampe out of the trade, it might have collapsed. We had to give up a lot to get a lot.

Not to mention the fact that Zarko has clearly outplayed Lampe in the pre-season. Lampe strikes me as being a slightly taller Doleac with a little more range on his J. Useful, but not a starter and not someone who gets you over the top and definitely not the active defender this team needs in the middle to excel.
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/1/2004  10:16 AM
completely agree w/crzymdups...Lampe didn't suit our needs...this team needs a physical, athletic shotblocking C, not a guy who'll play from the perimeter & play soft defense...a Theo Ratliff type.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2004  10:41 AM
I like Lampe, but am happy we have Marbury. I would also say Isiah made up for Lampe in the pipeline by drafting Ariza.

Also, McDyess has looked great for Det so far. Should we cry about this too? Cmon... I think we are moving in the right direction.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
11/1/2004  10:41 AM
I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to get the center of our future in the future. Lampe would have not started on this team this year, and by next year we could land someone. Bye bye Lampe.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Masterplan
Member: #362
11/1/2004  10:59 AM
i'd rather have lampe than sundov on the roster, but i figure that pretty much goes for most people here. it's easy to overestimate how good a young player will be, so many underachieve and the best ones seem to come from nowhere. i think this is especially true with europeans, where far fewer scouts get good looks at them and the young guys don't get to play anywhere nearas much as your average college prospect. so i think penciling lampe in as a top 10 big man is jumping the gun a bit. for that matter, counting on ariza to start in a few years is also a bit optimistic, but we knick fans are entitled, IMO.

so whatever happens with the individual players we trade or acquire, the bottom line is we have a team where young guys can get a start to their careers, sweetney and ariza the best examples. IT's shown the desire and ability to find and use young talent. that's reassuring, and i'm hopeful he'll meet the next challenges of holding on to what we have and finding more gems.
MS
Member: #724
11/1/2004  11:47 AM
In case you haven't noticed there are no big men out there, and if Gadzuric, or Haywood have good years they are not going to be let go, because we know how important big men are.

I would seriously look into the Clippers, and Brand's availability, with the team looking years away they might be willing to move him for sweetney and an expiring deal. You have to like that move, because brand would give us one of the top PF in the conference, he is a good defender at the four, and if Ariza continues on his path that would give us solid defense at both positions, and by the graces of god if there is a big man out there that can block shots, rebound, and dunk the ball around the basket are team will again be one of the leagues elite defensive teams.

All I am saying is that is not a deal breaker the suns were doing that deal no matter what happened, because they wanted relief, we did them a favor, and they are a better team because of it. And you hang onto a kid until he is at least 21 he is showed more promise than Skita, and concievable in a few years could have turned into a player we could have really used, if not we could have moved him when his value was high.

He had a great summer league last year, and was slated as one of the steals of the draft he just needed time, and the right system
fishmike
USA
11/1/2004  12:08 PM
I totally disagree... you just have to be in position to get them Every year quality bigs move around. Dallas got Dampier, Port got Ratliff, Heat got Shaq, Kings got Brad Miller, Mark Blount, Tony Battie got traded, Raef got traded, Pacers got Sheed... some of these guys went for very little.

I can see Eddie Curry, Dalembert and Kwame Brown all being available at some point in this season. For what? I dont know.. its always a different situation, but the point is lots of bigs and quality bigs get shuffled around.

what we need to do is keep stocking up on young quality players and and veterans with flexible contracts. Obviously we ran out of those and werent able to get Dampier, but I think we can restock some of that in the next year, certainly the next two.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2004  2:02 PM
Isiah found him eating popcorn, but it was not his brand.

He gone.

fishmike
USA
11/1/2004  2:05 PM
there isnt a single GM out there that hasnt made a mistake. I'm sure Isiah will make his fair share. So long as he continues to get us younger, put similar pieces together an executes in the draft we will be OK.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2004  2:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

time to move on.

Geez man let it go.....Lampe stole your heart in the draft....he happens to be playing well in Pheonix......

We got Marbs man....even trade imho.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/1/2004  2:47 PM
I looked at the title and I was waiting to read the name "Dikembe Mutombo"...and just for fun I'll add "Mpolundo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo", god I loved that commercial.
Isiah already traded our center of the future:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy