[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks host Miami, 730
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/29/2021  9:54 PM
I still blame Payton. Dribble dribble dribble payton.
AUTOADVERT
BillTheButcher
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6326

3/29/2021  9:55 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I still blame Payton. Dribble dribble dribble payton.

It always starts with his ****ty play ...........

[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/29/2021  9:55 PM
Not too bothered by this but man do we need shooters. irks me how teams can just play 2-3 zone all game. Thibs also needs to get these guys to move the ball quicker.
The Future is Bright!
houston20
Member: #8797

3/29/2021  10:00 PM
This why you get drummond 12 offensive rebounds for the heat smh and why not play knox extra shooter.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/29/2021  10:03 PM
houston20 wrote:This why you get drummond 12 offensive rebounds for the heat smh and why not play knox extra shooter.

Yup

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/29/2021  10:10 PM
Thibs should just put Rose in the starting lineup. Whats the point of starting Payton the first 6 minutes then bringing in Rose to play the final 18 mins? Thats too much. Let Rose start so he can get his proper rest and close the game.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/30/2021  12:41 AM
Miami literally was the only winner. Every other team in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt lost tonight...
Bucks
Celtics
Pacers
Raptors
Bulls
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/30/2021  6:11 AM
TPercy wrote:Not too bothered by this but man do we need shooters. irks me how teams can just play 2-3 zone all game. Thibs also needs to get these guys to move the ball quicker.

Not too bothered by not being able to beat Miami even when they are short handed?

I know we are in the kool-aid trip of the Knicks being respectable because they beat the teams they need to beat and have lots of moral victories against better teams, but what’s the point of trying to make the playoffs if we aren’t gonna try to put the best effort once there?

And before all the kool-aid bears come to hunt me, I’m aware of our deficiencies even at full strength and know we are far from healthy, even the players that suit up. My concerns are fixable things that still in the second half of the season remain the same.

The offensive plan of the starting lineup is nonexistent, almost pre-season level. Point guard dribbles the ball for a few seconds, passes to a guy that does the same only to shoot a contested three while Opposing the defense is set to grab the rebound and run. It’s so reliant on Randle creating or RJ bullying up that no coach should dare to claim that an offensive strategy. Offense looks better with the bench simply because Rose is a creator and Quick is a good shooter, but again, no evident strategy.

The bench use has also reached the high point of worry. We all talked about how important was to use young players from time to time. The coach stuck to his veteran guns. Now we are very short handed. Many players out while others are obviously playing through stuff that is limiting them. Meanwhile, guys like Knox, Frank and Obi haven’t been developed at all for this situation. Obi, in particular, is a mess that while he seems to share the blame with his tentative play, he still has seemingly been played out of position from the beginning. Who wouldn’t be tentative out there when you are being asked to play a different style on the fly and your playing time is still inconsistent?

This isn’t specifically about losing to the Heat, or to the Sixers or to any other powerhouse. This is about HOW we do it. If we were outing ourselves in the best possible situation to compete, I’d accept defeat against those teams every time because we tried it all. It just seems that we aren’t trying it all, mainly on offense. I’m thankful we have Thibs because he has returned NY to its identity of a fighter and a grinder on defense. But some decisions and strategies are really questionable and, sorry kool-air bears, but I can call them out without losing sight of my love for this team.

Knicks_Fan
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/30/2021  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/30/2021  8:55 AM
I forget, did we get blown out by the shorthanded Sixers and their refs twice?

Trying it all? You see something in Obi that someone with as short a leash as Thibs is going to see as useful? Look at things the other way, how many Obi-My-God airballs do you need to see when you're an every-possession-is-as-precious-as-my-children's-blood coach (although he doesn't have any kids yet).

Knox is the prototypical space cadet on the defensive end. Frankie has seemingly forgotten AGAIN that EVERYONE really needs to put the effing ball in the round hole. You have some magical insight into Theo ****ing Pinson's offensive game that the rest of the world doesn't?
And this is just what we see in games. You think they're lighting it up in practice and Thibs and company are just abject morons?

We're 5th in the east. We just lost to the team that went to the FINALS last season while playing with two semi-injured starters and without our freak project center. I get it. Elfrid Satan is what he is. The offense is boring and predictable when RJ and Quick aren't hitting 60% from 3. Throw in Frankie going 0 for 0 game after game and I can understand the frustration.

Hopefully Rose goes back to the starters and life will right itself.

Being in the middle of a playoff hunt is hardly Kool aid.

TPercy

3/30/2021  10:49 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
TPercy wrote:Not too bothered by this but man do we need shooters. irks me how teams can just play 2-3 zone all game. Thibs also needs to get these guys to move the ball quicker.

Not too bothered by not being able to beat Miami even when they are short handed?

I know we are in the kool-aid trip of the Knicks being respectable because they beat the teams they need to beat and have lots of moral victories against better teams, but what’s the point of trying to make the playoffs if we aren’t gonna try to put the best effort once there?

And before all the kool-aid bears come to hunt me, I’m aware of our deficiencies even at full strength and know we are far from healthy, even the players that suit up. My concerns are fixable things that still in the second half of the season remain the same.

The offensive plan of the starting lineup is nonexistent, almost pre-season level. Point guard dribbles the ball for a few seconds, passes to a guy that does the same only to shoot a contested three while Opposing the defense is set to grab the rebound and run. It’s so reliant on Randle creating or RJ bullying up that no coach should dare to claim that an offensive strategy. Offense looks better with the bench simply because Rose is a creator and Quick is a good shooter, but again, no evident strategy.

The bench use has also reached the high point of worry. We all talked about how important was to use young players from time to time. The coach stuck to his veteran guns. Now we are very short handed. Many players out while others are obviously playing through stuff that is limiting them. Meanwhile, guys like Knox, Frank and Obi haven’t been developed at all for this situation. Obi, in particular, is a mess that while he seems to share the blame with his tentative play, he still has seemingly been played out of position from the beginning. Who wouldn’t be tentative out there when you are being asked to play a different style on the fly and your playing time is still inconsistent?

This isn’t specifically about losing to the Heat, or to the Sixers or to any other powerhouse. This is about HOW we do it. If we were outing ourselves in the best possible situation to compete, I’d accept defeat against those teams every time because we tried it all. It just seems that we aren’t trying it all, mainly on offense. I’m thankful we have Thibs because he has returned NY to its identity of a fighter and a grinder on defense. But some decisions and strategies are really questionable and, sorry kool-air bears, but I can call them out without losing sight of my love for this team.

I hear you man. I don’t like our offensive gameplan either but to me this game comes down to the fact that our best player was playing hurt, we were missing Mitch on boards and Rose lobs, and we needed our zone busters to shoot well and they didn’t. Not to mention we are still a game above .500 so I’ll tolerate this kind of performance against a team that are darkhorses to be in the finals again.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

3/30/2021  10:51 AM
jrodmc wrote:I forget, did we get blown out by the shorthanded Sixers and their refs twice?

Trying it all? You see something in Obi that someone with as short a leash as Thibs is going to see as useful? Look at things the other way, how many Obi-My-God airballs do you need to see when you're an every-possession-is-as-precious-as-my-children's-blood coach (although he doesn't have any kids yet).

Knox is the prototypical space cadet on the defensive end. Frankie has seemingly forgotten AGAIN that EVERYONE really needs to put the effing ball in the round hole. You have some magical insight into Theo ****ing Pinson's offensive game that the rest of the world doesn't?
And this is just what we see in games. You think they're lighting it up in practice and Thibs and company are just abject morons?

We're 5th in the east. We just lost to the team that went to the FINALS last season while playing with two semi-injured starters and without our freak project center. I get it. Elfrid Satan is what he is. The offense is boring and predictable when RJ and Quick aren't hitting 60% from 3. Throw in Frankie going 0 for 0 game after game and I can understand the frustration.

Elfrid Satan LMAO

The Future is Bright!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/30/2021  10:57 AM
TPercy wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I forget, did we get blown out by the shorthanded Sixers and their refs twice?

Elfrid Satan LMAO

That's not mine. I humbly respect some other poster's copyrights to that.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/30/2021  11:01 AM
Elfrid shouldn't start. His defense is way overrated. He makes a nice strip or other awesome play and then on the next half dozen possessions he loses his man, or sags off.

over dribbles without purpose, no pressure on D

D Rose gets the ball and he heads up quick and puts a lot of pressure on the D, and it rubs off on the whole team. Much more decisive

Randle has been awesome but last night he was off and played hero ball to our detriment at times.

Our goal should be to learn and grow from these.

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
USA
3/30/2021  2:53 PM

Yup. Swing Swing baby

NYKBocker
USA
3/30/2021  3:05 PM
Chandler wrote:Elfrid shouldn't start. His defense is way overrated. He makes a nice strip or other awesome play and then on the next half dozen possessions he loses his man, or sags off.

over dribbles without purpose, no pressure on D

D Rose gets the ball and he heads up quick and puts a lot of pressure on the D, and it rubs off on the whole team. Much more decisive

Randle has been awesome but last night he was off and played hero ball to our detriment at times.

Our goal should be to learn and grow from these.

Every time he starts the offense, he dribble dribble dribble for at least 8 secs. It takes us 6 sec to get it over half court. By the time other players touch it we have 10 secs to execute. Dude is Satan.

** I humbly respect some other poster's copyrights to that "Satan" moniker.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/30/2021  3:23 PM
I feel the wheels are about to start coming off... still don’t see us falling out of 10th place at worse
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/30/2021  3:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:I feel the wheels are about to start coming off... still don’t see us falling out of 10th place at worse

Fade for Cade. It’s a strategy

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2021  4:38 PM
Knicks will be fine. They fight every night. They have some depth. We dont have a lot of firepower. We have some guys who can get hot but lets not mistaken that for scoring punch. Julius is a beast. After him our #2 option is a 20 year old sophomore. After that Burks/IQ/Rose/Payton are all around 12ppg so who knows.

And thats OK. The whole crew is trending up. We will have cap space to make deals and retain key guys. We have 2 FRPs and a high #2. Its a great first year. Expectation is to win every night and finally thats not bull****. We play D and we bang and have a lot of room/assets for growth and improvement. Losses like this suck.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/30/2021  5:33 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I feel the wheels are about to start coming off... still don’t see us falling out of 10th place at worse

Fade for Cade. It’s a strategy

A strategy that has never worked for us despite multiple efforts.

Don't even want to think about putting RJ,OBI, IQ in the same losing culture as Knox, Mitch, Frank..see their progression

ES
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/30/2021  7:43 PM
A loss to a last year's finalist and we're back to tank talk. Put me with Mr. 1248 on this one.
GameThread: Knicks host Miami, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy