[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Here are my 3 sleeper players for the college year at C
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/31/2004  12:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=4011

D'or is so long that it will shock you. there is no doubt in my mind that he will lead the nation in block shots--he was the best shot blocker per 40 minutes in the nCAA last year putting up 4 a game and only playing 27 minutes. hes a legit 6-11 245 and must have a +7-5 wingspan. He's a senior so he'll be drafted-possibly late-middle first round
or slide into round 2 but this kid is the sleeper of the draft. Im a little shocked that he hasnt been talked about more.

also, torin francis not a sleeper really like these other two, but was a big time prospect imho--reminds me of horace grant at 6-11 250 and was hurt and had back surgey last year but is now healthy. He's more 4 than 5 while these other guys are 5s but 6-11 250 is something im interested in with his skills.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=11218

Aaron Grey Pitt. This kid was fat as a freshmen and has come in 25 pounds lighter. Nothing to talk about in terms of productivity last year, but at 7-1 255 playing C alongside Chris Taft makes them the biggest frontline in CBB. by the way I think PITT will win it this year-i also love their PG Carl krauser who could come out as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15476

there are other C like matt nelson luke schesneser etc.. but they are more second round pick tyopes that many know about.

this draft will be the best big man draft in a number of years IMHO. we can easily grab 26-10+ guys with skills out of this draft which is what Im personally interested in doing. 2 draft picks 2 FA or sign and trade big guys.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/31/2004  2:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye on these kids.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
10/31/2004  2:54 PM
i also have my eye on channing frye. hey BRIGGS, can you tell me anything about tiago splitter? i like all that read about him being athletic, and being able to play several positions, but unfortuately i've never seen him play.
BRIGGS
10/31/2004  3:13 PM
Channing frye is a known guy, I already placed him on my wish list a few weeks ago as a guy we should keep on our serious watchlist for skilled players over 6-10, but frye is definitely more of a 4. If you remember Jarred jefferies, I think that he is a better version of him that is more post orientated but runs the floor and plays very good D--though on the skinny side.

The guys have down there are more 5's. I really believe in this draft we *could* walk out with one OR posibbly two athletic skill players who are 6-10+. If we can draft 1-2 and then go after a Swift and someone like Bochardt[if he plays well this year] we could put together a much longer more athletic frontline which is also young. I would think that the goal is WIN now, but lets keep a plan together where we are good for 15 years like we did before. Keep picking up guys like Sweetney and Ariza[you see draft good and you can find players anywhere this is proven] + just because a guy is a rookie doesnt mean he cant help BIg time right away. Im sure Isiahs goal is to turn over this frontcourt ASAP.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/31/2004  3:16 PM
Tiago splitter--saw him play twice now, i would suggest that he is not an Isiah guy. he didnt stick out to me.

I posted about a Uconn practice I saw 1 couple of weeks ago and Il say it right out that trevor ariza is just as good as Rudy Gay[perhaps better in many areas other than shooting IMHO] and in many mock drafts Rudy Gay is a high draft lottery choice. So there is true validity into what Marbury said.
RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
10/31/2004  3:50 PM
ill have to say the first guy out of west virginia looks very interesting. I just dont think our 1st round pick would make it that far. If we are to do what people are predicting "atlantic title" than how high can our pick possibly be.

As much as I would like to develop someone, I would rather have a veteran come in and play. One guy on my mind at free agency is Kandi. I would like to see how he has come back from injury this year. I dont think he will be willing to take a pay cut if he is really improved though. My reasoning for having a veteran is simple, Let aquire deal with him for 2 years and we shall see later.
BRIGGS
10/31/2004  3:55 PM
what i want to do is acquire two rooks and two vets. Kandiman is not my choice because he is constantly injured. he is the exact opposite of the *warrior mentality* that we want. I still am holding out hope for Swift because --well hes 6-9 but if we can get a BIG c or a big 4 thats perefct to play together.
RIP Crushalot😞
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
10/31/2004  4:05 PM
I love that guy D'Or, he looks really intriguing. I've liked Channing Frye for a while too, but he's a toothpick, as Briggs said.

If you could find a big man next year in the draft and then sign a guy like Borchardt or Griffin, you could turn that frontline around. Like Briggs said, Isiah's next goal has gotta be the frontline.
#Knickstaps
RonRon
10/31/2004  4:07 PM
i know,i like swift myself but ill have to lower expectations on him. Kandi sucked last year, but before surgury he looked like someone that can dominate the east in a clipper uniform, that is until the diesal got here
RonRon
10/31/2004  4:08 PM
lowered expectations meaning, i dont see much of a chance in aqcuiring him
BRIGGS
10/31/2004  4:22 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I love that guy D'Or, he looks really intriguing. I've liked Channing Frye for a while too, but he's a toothpick, as Briggs said.

If you could find a big man next year in the draft and then sign a guy like Borchardt or Griffin, you could turn that frontline around. Like Briggs said, Isiah's next goal has gotta be the frontline.

D'or would be the kind of guy Id like to swipe if he reaches the second round as a project type player. He would still be too raw to play right away, but he has a LOT of potnetial to be the next Theo Ratliff type player and maybe more. Id rather have that on my bench than Bruno sundov.

Channing Frye is an actual skill player who will help a club right away. How many 6-11 skill players are there? Id be happy to get him with pick 18 or something like that if better choices are gone. he is still a solid choice and right up there with what we need. He actually has tremendous potential because of his size length AHLETISCM and skill level.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2004  9:16 PM
Im sure Isiahs goal is to turn over this frontcourt ASAP.
Briggs... I agree. My gut feeling tells me thought that we might have to use this draft pick in a sign and trade. Something like Penny and the rights to who we draft for Dickerson's contract and Swift in a S&T. That sort of thing (total hypothetical).

Either was I am already confident that Isiah wants to use the draft as a tool and will use the garden $$$ to take a shot at something. Remember, there are always late #1s for sale.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/31/2004  9:34 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Im sure Isiahs goal is to turn over this frontcourt ASAP.
Briggs... I agree. My gut feeling tells me thought that we might have to use this draft pick in a sign and trade. Something like Penny and the rights to who we draft for Dickerson's contract and Swift in a S&T. That sort of thing (total hypothetical).

Either was I am already confident that Isiah wants to use the draft as a tool and will use the garden $$$ to take a shot at something. Remember, there are always late #1s for sale.

Sweetney is probably the only PF or C on the team that Isiah would like to keep long-term.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/31/2004  10:18 PM
Keep an eye on Matt Nelson, Colorado St.
BRIGGS
10/31/2004  10:49 PM
Posted by Vmart:

hes HUGE and highly skilled yet very slow. hes worth a 2nd rounder for sure.
RIP Crushalot😞
daddynel
11/1/2004  11:00 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Vmart:

hes HUGE and highly skilled yet very slow. hes worth a 2nd rounder for sure.
i've read about him getting outrebounded by 2's and 3's, but that is alot of meat & potatoes.
daddynel
11/1/2004  11:51 PM
two of the players on the top of my list are channing frye-6'11 250, and nick billings-7'0 235. billings is definitely on the skinny side, but is a guy that puts up numbers similar to frye and adds about 3.5 blks a game. only problem is he's only a jr, don't know if he's coming out anytime soon.
Here are my 3 sleeper players for the college year at C

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy