[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THe one Isiah moment that makes you cringe more than any other?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2004  10:58 AM

When Isiah and Magic kissed before tip off before an NBA final game.

That is just for fun.

Forget the trades and all, I like more than anything the values he is bringing to the organization. dress code, behavior etc.

When I read this, and then the stuff Cassell and Spree are doing within that could rip that team apart, I am glad of what is going on here. Seems these guys are more worried about getting extensions than the business at hand.

THey feel like they are owed a big thank you for taking them one deep in the playoffs. Whooptee dam doo, they get paid to do that!

AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/31/2004  11:21 AM
That moment was truly worthy to bring up on Halloween.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/31/2004  11:36 AM
mchale's best course of action would be to let the season play out and let both spree AND cassel go. he has troy hudson and wally already. no need to give these two major extensions at their age/health. also, kandi man comes off so they're looking at something like $25 mil off the books.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 10/31/2004 11:37:13]
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/31/2004  3:43 PM
I have always been a spree fan, but this stuff he is pulling right now is the same thing that put him at odds with Dolan.... His lack of professionalism is tiresome..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/31/2004  4:22 PM
Posted by tkf:

I have always been a spree fan, but this stuff he is pulling right now is the same thing that put him at odds with Dolan.... His lack of professionalism is tiresome..
You take the good with the bad with Spree. There is definitely plenty of both!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/31/2004  4:27 PM
it's a tough dilemma as an owner. do you put together a team best suited to win a championship regardless of character, or do you try to put the best team together where character comes into question when signing players?

it's very easy to say, keep spree but if you're a person with "high" morals and believe in character more than oncourt performance, then spree is not your ideal employee.

everywhere he's gone, he's been great initially and then it turns bitter. you roll the dice with him and for once, i'm glad it's another team's responsibility and not ours.

i can't even fathom what it would be like if we held on to spree or dice. imagine the PR mess trying to re-sign either in the offseason or how much we would have to OVERPAY.
Nalod
USA
10/31/2004  6:19 PM
Cassell has never willing to let his deal expire. He has never been confident to just go that route, he whines with 2-3 years left!

Spree has always rejected authority and needs to let his agent just handle this.

I think if the team does not win it this year, then what is to say they win it again a year later, and a year older.

I assume they are right at the cap level, so If I am the owner, I have to consider who else can I get for 12-14mil? If spree has a great year, then you offer him a great one year deal, a good 2 year, and a safe 3.

Guys like Houstan are less of a risk becasue they don't rely on athletic ablilty as much as a guy like spree. If spree breaks, he is not nearly as effective as a fundamentally sound type shooter.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/31/2004  10:14 PM
has cassell ever gotten a big contract?

I seem to recall his $# this year as being small- yet he has been a big time player.

Sprewell should show up and play- he's gotten plenty of dough for his talent and what he has done in the league.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/31/2004  11:10 PM
Posted by franco12:

has cassell ever gotten a big contract?

I seem to recall his $# this year as being small- yet he has been a big time player.

Sprewell should show up and play- he's gotten plenty of dough for his talent and what he has done in the league.

He makes about $6 million a year, which is more than I'm getting paid.
Nalod
USA
11/1/2004  8:19 AM
Sam Did this a few years ago in Milwaukee after he shortchanged himself witht he nets by signing an extension. Its a safe move in case of injury or you start to suck. To do so you give a discount.

He gets to milwaukee, and excells, and starts complaining. He gets an extension, now he does well again, and wants more years. He got years instead of big money. Works the same in a way.

On the planet spree, all is fair. He talks of kinda not putting out until his deal is done. Not very generous. He should get out there and prove he is indispensable!
THe one Isiah moment that makes you cringe more than any other?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy