Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/17/2021  7:27 AM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He has more wins against the Knicks than he does 3 point makes in his career. Or 3 point shots this season.

Don't know what is worse

Wow, I didn’t know that. Makes last night even worse, because we were so freaking close.

But he owns us. Hopefully this team will remember this little fact next time they play them.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/17/2021  7:51 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

He has more wins against the Knicks than he does 3 point makes in his career. Or 3 point shots this season.

Don't know what is worse

Wow, I didn’t know that. Makes last night even worse, because we were so freaking close.

But he owns us. Hopefully this team will remember this little fact next time they play them.

Yup. Bulletin board material.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/17/2021  7:53 AM
We were gassed. We played tough and with energy but we were gassed. Missed FTs and missed bunnies happened due to this. Slight mods on PT and we are going to be golden.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/17/2021  9:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2021  10:03 AM
martin wrote:
It's funny.

Thibs and company took a garbage team and made them one of the best defensive teams in the league and we get frustrated when they are also not a better offensive team when their C's don't shoot beyond dunks, their 2 starting PGs are out, and they have zero wing players who can just break down their own man. Don't beat 2 teams that should get to conference finals on a back to back and we are disappointed.

It's great

Good perspective. We're a competitive team now. That stinker against Milwaukee was an aberration this year where we wouldn't have batted an eye last season.

These last two losses hurt like hell, but it's so nice for them to hurt again as opposed to being numb to it all!

Need to take care of business at home now and get back to .500.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/17/2021  9:50 AM
Really tough the last two nights. THe team has grit and competitiveness, but coming up short in these two games against the top 2 in the East when they were missing a superstar player hurts. We really needed to steal one of these games. I love that we are in there giving a good game to tough teams almost every night - its fun to watch and its the type of Knicks team we have missed for years. We're getting closer! Just gotta be careful and not make mistakes by adding the wrong types of guys.
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

3/17/2021  12:01 PM
i liked it better when we won ugly than when lose even if we fought valiantly and were gritty
(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/17/2021  12:30 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Losers again. This second half will be rough. Keep celebrating moral victories, but for all the feisty defense Thibs has this team playing, their offense is putrid. That was a disaster of a quarter. The 76ers slept through most of the game, turning it up in the fourth just in time to watch our play turn into pretenders mode.

Sorry but that offense was embarrassing. If that’s the offense we’ll play against this tough schedule, we’ll be saying hello to the lottery in no time unless the East low seeds simply keep us there undeservingly.

I’m livid. This was vomit.

It's funny.

Thibs and company took a garbage team and made them one of the best defensive teams in the league and we get frustrated when they are also not a better offensive team when their C's don't shoot beyond dunks, their 2 starting PGs are out, and they have zero wing players who can just break down their own man. Don't beat 2 teams that should get to conference finals on a back to back and we are disappointed.

It's great

It’s also funny the need to always go back to how bad the Knicks were expected to be as some sort of “shut up and enjoy what you have”, like you simply have to be a “yes, it’s all great” fan because things are better than expected.

When things are better than expected, they are enjoyed but also make you analyze what can be improved. Uhh, what a sin to go beyond the accepted narrative and complain about things that can be fixed with a new approach.

Yes, the Knicks need all that, but they can also make their lives better, or at least show they are trying everything possible, by varying their offensive plays and also using other players to mix things up. Knox, for example, should be given the chance Obi is getting because he actually seems more equipped to do what it’s being demanded from Toppin, who looks uncomfortable on the corners.

And of course that your narrow-minded post thinks this is just about last nights loss. I’m a fan as you are, been following this team closely this year and for the great story that they have been, and any team that jumps from laughing stock to mediocrity will be, they are still in the border of playoffs or lottery. A team that started the year thinking on the lottery will not see that narrative die when they struggle to keep a winning record. Knowing the schedule is tough and they simply don’t have the pieces and playbook to pull out games against the teams they will see in the playoffs hardly wins any confidence.

So sure, it’s funny to you. Your narrative can’t lose because everything is gravy when you keep going back to how lowly we were. There are other valid narratives that move beyond that and into the “why settle for some improvement when more can be done”, but they aren’t as comfy as yours. It’s just a classic.

I don't have a narrative, just an observation; the rest is on you and what you are thinking and how it has obviously untangled. After that, I'm not sure what your point was.

I find the human nature side to game's reaction funny and even enduring.

Frustrated by the loss and yet satisfied in the big picture of things. RJ will hopefully remember his missed shot at the end

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/17/2021  1:08 PM
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Losers again. This second half will be rough. Keep celebrating moral victories, but for all the feisty defense Thibs has this team playing, their offense is putrid. That was a disaster of a quarter. The 76ers slept through most of the game, turning it up in the fourth just in time to watch our play turn into pretenders mode.

Sorry but that offense was embarrassing. If that’s the offense we’ll play against this tough schedule, we’ll be saying hello to the lottery in no time unless the East low seeds simply keep us there undeservingly.

It's funny.

It's great

It’s also funny the need to always go back to how bad the Knicks were expected to be as some sort of “shut up and enjoy what you have”, like you simply have to be a “yes, it’s all great” fan because things are better than expected.

When things are better than expected, they are enjoyed but also make you analyze what can be improved. Uhh, what a sin to go beyond the accepted narrative and complain about things that can be fixed with a new approach.

Yes, the Knicks need all that, but they can also make their lives better, or at least show they are trying everything possible, by varying their offensive plays and also using other players to mix things up. Knox, for example, should be given the chance Obi is getting because he actually seems more equipped to do what it’s being demanded from Toppin, who looks uncomfortable on the corners.

And of course that your narrow-minded post thinks this is just about last nights loss. I’m a fan as you are, been following this team closely this year and for the great story that they have been, and any team that jumps from laughing stock to mediocrity will be, they are still in the border of playoffs or lottery. A team that started the year thinking on the lottery will not see that narrative die when they struggle to keep a winning record. Knowing the schedule is tough and they simply don’t have the pieces and playbook to pull out games against the teams they will see in the playoffs hardly wins any confidence.

So sure, it’s funny to you. Your narrative can’t lose because everything is gravy when you keep going back to how lowly we were. There are other valid narratives that move beyond that and into the “why settle for some improvement when more can be done”, but they aren’t as comfy as yours. It’s just a classic.

I don't have a narrative, just an observation; the rest is on you and what you are thinking and how it has obviously untangled. After that, I'm not sure what your point was.

Frustrated by the loss and yet satisfied in the big picture of things. RJ will hopefully remember his missed shot at the end

No, hopefully he won’t. Athletes have to move on otherwise their performance gets f’ed. I hope RJ wakes up today with as clear a head as possible.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/17/2021  3:08 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:

It's funny.

It's great

No, hopefully he won’t. Athletes have to move on otherwise their performance gets f’ed. I hope RJ wakes up today with as clear a head as possible.

you can look at it as Thibs took a garbage team and made them better, or DID fiz turned a decent team into garbage.

ES
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/17/2021  5:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:

It's funny.

It's great

you can look at it as Thibs took a garbage team and made them better, or DID fiz turned a decent team into garbage.

Bro I love my team but them boys were TRASH. The effect coaching has in a players development cannot be understated. Granted, the players themselves must work hard on their craft, but it’s up to the coaches to put them in positions to succeed. Fizdale was God bless his heart was CLUELESS. We think our schemes these past days are bad but we legitimately looked like we didn’t belong in the NBA. Not to mention he couldn’t organize a defense to save his life. Although I think he’s really missing on Toppin, every single player under Thibs has been maximized to their potential.

The Future is Bright!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/17/2021  7:08 PM
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:

It's funny.

It's great

Bro I love my team but them boys were TRASH. The effect coaching has in a players development cannot be understated. Granted, the players themselves must work hard on their craft, but it’s up to the coaches to put them in positions to succeed. Fizdale was God bless his heart was CLUELESS. We think our schemes these past days are bad but we legitimately looked like we didn’t belong in the NBA. Not to mention he couldn’t organize a defense to save his life. Although I think he’s really missing on Toppin, every single player under Thibs has been maximized to their potential.

Fiz was a glamorized car salesman. He proved to have no knowledge to teach.

Thibs is a real coach and nobody will deny he is one of the main reasons we have improved so much. It is indeed exciting how much he has made this team improve defensively to the point of competing against anyone any night. That is nice.

But what’s next and how soon can it come? We don’t expect major trades to happen before the deadline, so this is mostly what we have. We are a winning streak away from good positioning in the East, but also a bad streak away from the lottery. This team can win, so all cards should be on the table when trying to do so, but they don’t seem to be. For all the improvement we’ve shown defensively, our offense is trash and most times it looks to be coaching.

As a fan I get mad with this team because I want to believe in this run. I can deal with us being beat, but the last two games have been frustrating because our out of control offense hasn’t been dealt with. Yeah, we miss two PGs, but this team isn’t totally run from that spot as other teams, so that excuse loses some strength.

This is the point where having improved isn’t enough. A playoff spot is on play. Otherwise, a team that needs serious talent will be left on a low spot in the lottery.

Knicks_Fan
Chandler

3/17/2021  8:07 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Chandler wrote:Nets and Sixers on their court. they were missing Durant and Embiid so who knows what would've happened if those guys were healthy -- even if we had Mitch and Rose i suspect we wouldb've lost by more.

Hopefully team grows from this because both were eminently winnable and came down to a couple of knuckleheaded plays

RJ is really growing. Very positive. taking less bad shots.

Frank is playing beyond tight. it's painful. he's like chuck knoblach throwing to first base -- it's in his head now

hopefully they take more positives out of this and let the frustration not linger.

RJ’s improvement has been phenomenal. He really looks like he is reaching the next level in his evolution as a player and it’s really exciting. To remind yourself that he is only 20 is really awesome.

Frank was a real disappointment. This game was really bad, and players have bad games. But the drive for this bad game seems to be the same that has driven his inconsistent and mostly disappointing career in NY, that indecisiveness and insecurity he shows more constantly than his defensive aggressiveness. It’s sad because it looks like it’s mostly mental. Maybe someday he will get to where he needs to be, but it seems like it will take many more years.

it's nuts, really

he came back and looked like Steph for about 10 minutes. Now he can't even hit iron. Guy has size too. So even if you're thinking too much on your shot use your size, drive, draw fouls, go hard

RJ was 10 for 10 from the stripe against the Nets. Not sure if anyone mentioned that. If he starts getting FTs a game he'll be pretty consistent 20+ scorer.

(5)(5)
Chandler

3/17/2021  8:08 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:

It's funny.

It's great

Fiz was a glamorized car salesman. He proved to have no knowledge to teach.

Thibs is a real coach and nobody will deny he is one of the main reasons we have improved so much. It is indeed exciting how much he has made this team improve defensively to the point of competing against anyone any night. That is nice.

But what’s next and how soon can it come? We don’t expect major trades to happen before the deadline, so this is mostly what we have. We are a winning streak away from good positioning in the East, but also a bad streak away from the lottery. This team can win, so all cards should be on the table when trying to do so, but they don’t seem to be. For all the improvement we’ve shown defensively, our offense is trash and most times it looks to be coaching.

As a fan I get mad with this team because I want to believe in this run. I can deal with us being beat, but the last two games have been frustrating because our out of control offense hasn’t been dealt with. Yeah, we miss two PGs, but this team isn’t totally run from that spot as other teams, so that excuse loses some strength.

This is the point where having improved isn’t enough. A playoff spot is on play. Otherwise, a team that needs serious talent will be left on a low spot in the lottery.

FOr all the fans who say NBA is talent driven and coach doesn't matter, Thibs say shut the Fck up.

(5)(5)
GameThread: Knicks on back to back head to Philly, 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy