[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread......Knick-Knyets: wincing at the rivalry on a National Broadcast....
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

3/16/2021  12:21 AM
martin wrote:

this is my understanding as well. the issue is did he lose control because opponent touched it. he doesn't have to let go of the ball or let it drop to the ground etc (all of which are fine but not necessary)

it was a blown call and the NBA should fess up to it and then tell the old guy to shape up or retire if he can't keep up with the game. guy took umpteen minutes plus how long in review to determine that Nets turned the ball over, but when it's the Knicks different situation.

nba reffing is not remotely on par with the quality of the player's talent

i saw a game the other day (different situation) and the crew had 7 years collective experience. 3 refs. you kidding me

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
3/16/2021  12:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2021  12:25 AM
martin wrote:

True, but the ref will say, he still had control of the ball, as shown when he landed. It's a subjective call, for another human being to determine if a person has control of a ball eventhough it's moving in their hands during a slight tip from defender. Thats the arguement. And Randle will say he didn't have control. The refs will disagree. I've been in those arguements before with refs in a rec league. Thats usually their arguement back to me. Could and should be a rule change....Like football, review key contriversal plays during the last minute of a game. Because ball was clearly tipped. And if a ball is tipped while shooting, player is allowed to land, but all he can do is pass.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/16/2021  8:28 AM
martin wrote:

Well, there it is. Thank you martin.

NYKBocker
USA
3/16/2021  8:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:How could NOEL and frank combine for zero points

Dude. Let it go. Defensive players has use in a basketball game. If you really can't see what Frank did to infuse the defensive tenacity into our team then...I really don't know.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2021  9:06 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:How could NOEL and frank combine for zero points

Dude. Let it go. Defensive players has use in a basketball game. If you really can't see what Frank did to infuse the defensive tenacity into our team then...I really don't know.

This is the type of comment that comes from someone who did not watch the game but sees highlights and reads box score. There is universal concern about franks offense. Noel lack of production is not. Fans will react with “get Drummond” without thinking long term fit other than plug and play with stats. 1248 has used video game ratings as part of a conversation.
Quick box looked good until you realize he took 18 shots. I won’t gauge his defense because Harden and Kyrie are unstoppable.
But the knicks 4th quarter was a comeback. Doris was super impressed with the defense intensity and frank had to do with that. Before he fouled out he missed a three that would have tied it. It was heartbreaking only because he puts the efforts on defense. Not all his fouls were good calls but Stars get calls.
KNicks are earning respect even in a loss.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/16/2021  9:29 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
This Brooklyn team is so unlikable. Whose the most likeable, Captain Flat Earth? Because Kyrie can't keep his balance, he automatically gets 2 FTs. Hope they can trade for Porzingis so I can focus all my ill will on one team.

+1
Excellent plan, sign me up!

NYKBocker
USA
3/16/2021  10:09 AM
jrodmc wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

This Brooklyn team is so unlikable. Whose the most likeable, Captain Flat Earth? Because Kyrie can't keep his balance, he automatically gets 2 FTs. Hope they can trade for Porzingis so I can focus all my ill will on one team.

+1
Excellent plan, sign me up!
+1
Captain Flat Earth, Fatman and slender man. Sounds like comic villains indeed.
NYKBocker
USA
3/16/2021  10:12 AM
martin wrote:
That looked like travelling with a connecting flight
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/16/2021  11:04 AM
Bummer of a call. That Harden/RJ travel/block/jump ball/no call... whoa.

Kyrie made enough contact with the ball that it affected his grip on the way up - so it wouldn't have been a clean shot.

The Knicks showed a lot of fight. Even when they got down big they clawed their way back. It's always nice to get a win, but somewhere in here is a moral victory.

The Knicks have to get re-focused... they have a game vs Philly today, Emibiid-less. We can take our frustration out on them. We'll get a chance to see Quickley vs Maxey.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/16/2021  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2021  11:27 AM
Tough loss. Randle should have done a better job of selling the stripped ball. Kyrie swiped the ball, Randle waited a second, then reacted. Refs werent buying it.

IQ got his pts, but with just 2 assists. Quickley was probably pulled in crunch time because he wasnt doing a good job of spacing. Frank didnt help with the scoring, but he definitely helped in this game with the spacing. As soon as he subbed in the momentum changed, they went on a run. Its also why Burks played PG, when Frank fouled out. They both spaced the floor better than Quickley.

Yes, its just one game. I expect Quickley to improve. Improve enough to be the kind of floor general, and stopper that Lonzo is right now? Doubt it. Believe Quikley would be better suited as wing or 6th man.

Seems like every guard we draft has to play PG. Even RJ. Like those other positions are some kind of an insult. Quickley is already a talented scorer. Id much rather Thibs made the most of that skill, as it isnt common.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2021  12:16 PM
He is not wrong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/16/2021  1:27 PM
I won't tell anyone to get off my lawn, but I also won't apologize for reminiscing on when teams were allowed to play DEE-fense and games weren't three point shooting contests. And actually these Knicks harken back to a time like that as much as is possible. One thing that has not changed though is that stars get the calls. In my Knicks fandom I saw Bird and Jordan come to the Garden, maul a Knick, and then get two free throws for their efforts. Lebron same and so on. And God forbid they did get called -- oh the pouting and tantrums (particularly LaBronna). But at the other end of the star spectrum for the past two decades is the Knicks. The inverse is a given.

Notwithstanding the last play with Randle last night, there were other highly questionable calls (at best) that swung victory towards the Nets. I effing hate it, hate the super friends, hate how the NBA panders to marketing, the casual fan, etc. But I also accept the reality. Will I complain in a dreamscape of a future where Randle or RJ (or...?) gets the call that wins us a title? Probably not...I'll say it's Karma....

jrodmc
USA
3/16/2021  2:45 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I won't tell anyone to get off my lawn, but I also won't apologize for reminiscing on when teams were allowed to play DEE-fense and games weren't three point shooting contests. And actually these Knicks harken back to a time like that as much as is possible. One thing that has not changed though is that stars get the calls. In my Knicks fandom I saw Bird and Jordan come to the Garden, maul a Knick, and then get two free throws for their efforts. Lebron same and so on. And God forbid they did get called -- oh the pouting and tantrums (particularly LaBronna). But at the other end of the star spectrum for the past two decades is the Knicks. The inverse is a given.

Notwithstanding the last play with Randle last night, there were other highly questionable calls (at best) that swung victory towards the Nets. I effing hate it, hate the super friends, hate how the NBA panders to marketing, the casual fan, etc. But I also accept the reality. Will I complain in a dreamscape of a future where Randle or RJ (or...?) gets the call that wins us a title? Probably not...I'll say it's Karma....

A few summers ago, I was actually playing pick up with an NBA ref, and his dad. I will not name him. I wanted to ask him why Melo never got any calls that every other HOF candidate would get, especially after years in the league and playing in a big market. Never got the chance. He's not been back since. His dad said he was too busy with traveling and kids and family anymore to bother with pick up ball.

I've never understood what reasoning there could be (if there is any) behind the bold, singling out just the Knicks. Did BK get calls? I don't remember it too clearly. I can understand Ewing not getting calls, that wasn't his game. Randle's not established yet, after only half of an incredible season. But some stars seem like they come into the league getting calls.

jrodmc
USA
3/16/2021  2:48 PM
fitzfarm wrote:One more thing quick can’t be ignored as a starter he opened the floor for Reggie .. gotta give him more, Frank’s defense can’t be ignored either

All things being the same, I wonder if they have Durant and we have Rose and Mitch, do we pull this one out? Someone fire up NBA2040K or something...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/16/2021  4:35 PM
Maybe we are just fans who are biased for our team?
Randle with some allstar cred and perhaps Refs need to get used to his game a bit more over time will yield more calls.
RJ gets bumped a lot. He keeps this up he will get to line a lot in the the future.

Jrod, I know the dude you talking about! I did ask him about Melo and he mumbled some “Golden Calf/False prophet” thing. Thought he was drunk on Passover wine and was gonna tell me he was Moses or something. But he did tell me that David Sterns son in laws father, Who was related to his drycleaners cousin, who married a girl from Queens who’s grandfather made bagels for Walter Kennedy who once got drunk with Ned Irish, who used to date Elenor Roosevelts cousin before he married his cousins college roomate, whose grandson is the ref, said “Melo was good at avoiding contact because he was just a great player, but he did not get bumped, he just complained more about it!

Game Thread......Knick-Knyets: wincing at the rivalry on a National Broadcast....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy