[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Afternoon afair, Knicks visit OKC, 2pm
Author Thread
BillTheButcher
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6326

3/13/2021  4:37 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Would love to see RJ get his first 30 point game today.

I have said this many times and he always ends up with like 27 .............Finally man , damn it felt good to see him get it..

[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/13/2021  4:57 PM
nice bounce back
(5)(5)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/13/2021  5:41 PM
blkexec wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Is Frank still on the bench because of play or injury??
He got 2 quick fouls in the 1st then got taken out . I went to the store got back and checked the stats. Frank played 5 min. Must have done something Thibs didn't like. These are good teaching moments. Do what I want or you sit. Frank was very tentative in the opening minutes. Always deferring to whoever is the alpha.
He hasnt played since the 1st qtr
Still seems odd when you're out of PGs. Frank didn't look good early, but you'd think he'd be back, even on a short leash.
I really think Thibs is telling frank that he needs to do what he tells him or he is sitting. He still defers too damn much. When he is aggressive he looks good.

Frank will be a late bloomer. He's making progress, but at this pace it will not click until after he leaves or into his late 🤔 20? Once he figures out how to transition from attack to defer, regardless of his team mates. The way he plays, when he defers, is how he learned the game. It takes a while to change that, without looking like you are forcing it. And for the level of defense he plays, which is very high. If his offense was just as high, he would be an all star lol. So in reality....Frank is basically a tall / long defensive 3 and D guard. Forget where he was drafted. The question is,, Whats the best way to utilize his 2 way skill set.. its definitely not as a lead guard,, unless hes 3rd string...like he is now.. That's his space career wise. So my expectations never exceeds his capabilities.

I'm scared to get rid of him. I have this bad feeling the minute we let him go he will figure it out. I've never been crazy about his game but if he shoots the 3 at a 40% clip he is a nice bench player.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/13/2021  6:58 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
He got 2 quick fouls in the 1st then got taken out . I went to the store got back and checked the stats. Frank played 5 min. Must have done something Thibs didn't like. These are good teaching moments. Do what I want or you sit. Frank was very tentative in the opening minutes. Always deferring to whoever is the alpha.
Still seems odd when you're out of PGs. Frank didn't look good early, but you'd think he'd be back, even on a short leash.
I really think Thibs is telling frank that he needs to do what he tells him or he is sitting. He still defers too damn much. When he is aggressive he looks good.

Frank will be a late bloomer. He's making progress, but at this pace it will not click until after he leaves or into his late 🤔 20? Once he figures out how to transition from attack to defer, regardless of his team mates. The way he plays, when he defers, is how he learned the game. It takes a while to change that, without looking like you are forcing it. And for the level of defense he plays, which is very high. If his offense was just as high, he would be an all star lol. So in reality....Frank is basically a tall / long defensive 3 and D guard. Forget where he was drafted. The question is,, Whats the best way to utilize his 2 way skill set.. its definitely not as a lead guard,, unless hes 3rd string...like he is now.. That's his space career wise. So my expectations never exceeds his capabilities.

I'm scared to get rid of him. I have this bad feeling the minute we let him go he will figure it out. I've never been crazy about his game but if he shoots the 3 at a 40% clip he is a nice bench player.

He will end up a Spur or a Warrior but only haunt us twice a year that way.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/13/2021  8:07 PM
BillTheButcher wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Would love to see RJ get his first 30 point game today.

I have said this many times and he always ends up with like 27 .............Finally man , damn it felt good to see him get it..

And Payton didn't play 🤔 Naw, no correlation.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/13/2021  9:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

He's just not an NBA player, after 4 season in the league, and a grand opportunity to get major minutes and show what you got, he gets benched..only player with a minus

Barrett career day. Knicks win. No mention of that. Just Rainman taking happy to promote his agenda. Super that RJ keeps raising the bar! Knicks are developing players! Not all, and not all inconcert with another.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/13/2021  10:53 PM
Cant believe the last time a Knick got 2 triple doubles in a season was Mark Jackson in 89' Wow, never would have guessed that. Great job Randle.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/13/2021  11:09 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
blkexec wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

He will end up a Spur or a Warrior but only haunt us twice a year that way.

Right now he is our starting PG. Let's see how that plays out first before the haunting.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/14/2021  1:17 AM
Without Shai Gilgeous-Alexander the OKC Thunder will have a hard time winning 30 games this season.
Easy Knick Win !!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2021  11:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Frank is grossly inconsistent. And he’s not a pg

tell us something we don't know, thats how does a starter plays only 7 min with no foul trouble or injury.

Big shout out to RJ and Randle..handle their Bizzness

when one actually watches the game vs the box score and not surmise a career on one game there is a different take.

Objectively: Frank as PG with this group was clogging up the paint. He was not effective driving and kicking the ball out. This is his job and he should have shot the ball twice that led to turnovers. PG should not be tucked into the corner and This is were Thibs go it wrong. Play Frank up high and let him shoot and if you don’t trust your PG to shoot, then don’t play him there. With two quick fouls he had to get yanked.
Why not put him back?
He is not a PG for the starting unit and game opened up without him.
Is that full indictment on his career? Seems silly for any fan to do this causally. I will say that IQ rise is a good thing for knicks and not so good thing for Franks career at PG.
If Thibs does not like him there with Burks, Bullock and RJ healthy and playing well it may be time for Frank to sit until knicks sort it out.
IQ as a starter? perhaps eventually but there are some aspects objectively that are not great. This was not very good team we faced yesterday and Thibs plays for the moment.
Frank is better paired with IQ but RJ is the future. I know that IQ and RJ mixed well yesterday but I’m not sure Thibs loves the chemistry with them FOR NOW. We’ll see how it develops.
With he game flowing well frank was not needed.
Is there a “takeaway” from his sitting? Let Thibs speak for himself.
Lets just say it does not take a genius to suggest Franks career is on the upswing as a knick by any measure.
That the team is performing better this season is plenty satisfying enough.

GameThread: Afternoon afair, Knicks visit OKC, 2pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy