Member: #3049

3/5/2021  12:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:just came here to share in case it wasn't up... definitely a must read... I got goosebumps when I realized the reason I love this team is because they are executing Kobe Bryant's playbook - **** yeah

I hope it help changes the mind set of some fans that think the way to develop a young player is to put him on the court and tank, let him play through stupid mistakes.

Without veteran leadership, there is no development

Without a winning environment, there is no development

And Without Cade theres no championship so whats your point?

Still dreaming of a top pick, and then posting conspiracy theories when we drop in the draft every single time.

So what should we do now the we have an official All star/Leader on the roster that we didn't draft?

Should we trade him and TANK for Cade since we are not title contenders

We would all love Cade, but it's not like he's having some crazy season. He doesn't seem to be a world beater.

He's probably a very good prospect, but not worth sacrificing an entire season for

ESPN had an interesting article on him. They aren't sure if he's an actually PG or a playmaking wing. They basically said on the high end he becomes a poor man's Doncic, and on the low end he probably ends up closer to a Khris Middleton type prospect. They felt like if he falls somewhere in between that outcome he's well worth the 1st overall pick, but may not be a franchise-altering player. Obviously he would be awesome to have, and this draft is going to generate some stars. I still wonder where Barrett would fall in a draft like this after his strong season at Duke.

Yeah, funny thing is that's similar to the projection they gave Luka going into his draft. Cade's shot creation, efficiency and playmaking for his age are absolutely something to write about. They crap on RJs freshman year #s. As for where RJ would fall in this draft, I'd say #6. He would've hada legit shot at #1 last year, but this year is too tough. Personally, I have Kuminga number 5 and I would still take him 10/10 over RJ.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/5/2021  12:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:just came here to share in case it wasn't up... definitely a must read... I got goosebumps when I realized the reason I love this team is because they are executing Kobe Bryant's playbook - **** yeah

I hope it help changes the mind set of some fans that think the way to develop a young player is to put him on the court and tank, let him play through stupid mistakes.

Still dreaming of a top pick, and then posting conspiracy theories when we drop in the draft every single time.

So what should we do now the we have an official All star/Leader on the roster that we didn't draft?

We would all love Cade, but it's not like he's having some crazy season. He doesn't seem to be a world beater.

He's probably a very good prospect, but not worth sacrificing an entire season for

ESPN had an interesting article on him. They aren't sure if he's an actually PG or a playmaking wing. They basically said on the high end he becomes a poor man's Doncic, and on the low end he probably ends up closer to a Khris Middleton type prospect. They felt like if he falls somewhere in between that outcome he's well worth the 1st overall pick, but may not be a franchise-altering player. Obviously he would be awesome to have, and this draft is going to generate some stars. I still wonder where Barrett would fall in a draft like this after his strong season at Duke.

Yeah, funny thing is that's similar to the projection they gave Luka going into his draft. Cade's shot creation, efficiency and playmaking for his age are absolutely something to write about. They crap on RJs freshman year #s. As for where RJ would fall in this draft, I'd say #6. He would've hada legit shot at #1 last year, but this year is too tough. Personally, I have Kuminga number 5 and I would still take him 10/10 over RJ.

Not sure who craps on RJ's freshman stats, he was pretty dominant. I have a hard time believing coming out from that year he would go behind Suggs and both NBDL guys. Seems like there's still a lot of question marks with this top 5, although all of them are obviously great prospects. But Barrett broke ACC freshman records at Duke.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9

3/5/2021  12:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2021  12:37 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Not sure who craps on RJ's freshman stats, he was pretty dominant. I have a hard time believing coming out from that year he would go behind Suggs and both NBDL guys. Seems like there's still a lot of question marks with this top 5, although all of them are obviously great prospects. But Barrett broke ACC freshman records at Duke.

Craps on RJs stats! Consider he's the focal point on a far less talented team and he's still shooting wayyyy more efficiently. Not even close. Can you imagine the things Cade would be doing if he were on that Duke lineup? Suggs athletic upside is higher than RJ and he's played a more disciplined brand of ball this season. No doubt in my mind he gets the call before RJ. And I'm not trying to crap on RJ. I'm just recalling the grades scouts had for him and comparing them to this year's players.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/5/2021  1:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Ummmmm...yes tf?

The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/6/2021  10:38 AM
I read when Thibs was in Chicago he’d be in the Berto Center in the summer and when guys were working out he’d come down and work with them. Issue was he’d be super intense and get on them and he would wear on them. I take it he has mellowed a little bit but it what if you have a group of players.......a culture that is into this? Randle has taken from Kobe and now players are seeing the results of his payoff of hard work. It took 7 years to accumulate. Thats a lesson itself.
Nalod once again says “Luck: when opportunity and preparation collide”. Randle somewhere impressed Perry enough to warrant the trust and that Randle after a awkward year figured it out. But Randle was prepared to assume the leadership with years of hard work. All star validates this. At age 26 this is great. With Thibs he can handle the (at least for now) his intensity and show leadership to others. Evidence? Its on the court. Not my words or any others. We see it.
He is finally a cornerstone for a culture. Not that Mills/Perry knew him with Thibs would click. Or that Mook had to come and go for Randle to see his role with clarity. We as fans did not see this coming either. Rolled our eyes at the spinovers and thought the nightmare never ends.
What else are we missing? This is where my imagination of hope comes in. I see potential in Frank, Knox, Obi but thats fandom. Homerism or love. for some of us when frank hits a 3 point shot we cheer a little louder? When Knox rainbows a corner three its just pretty. These guys are hard workers and maybe it pans out. Maybe not.

Loved reading Randles Tribune and just enjoying this season which is exceeding by all measures. Not sure how it ends but I can live with it. Trades, FA’s and draft? Things to look forward to in a time of covid and isolation.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/7/2021  11:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2021  11:03 AM
Look at his shot chart. Look at his progrssion

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/julius-randle-shot-chart-by-season
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/19/2021  1:12 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
3/19/2021  2:05 PM
larry played some minutes too!
martin
USA
3/19/2021  2:11 PM
Nalod wrote:larry played some minutes too!

And in an era where body slams were considered hard fouls and acceptable once a game

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2021  4:18 PM
martin wrote:

whatever the perfect storm of personal stuff, the right coaching, the right teammates... Randle is becoming a legit star. What he did last night was sick. To me its what always made Ewing special. He could have an off shooting night but would get you 20 boards and 5 blocks and work twice as hard.

Randle's physical profile is the best part. Very few people in the league can deal with his combo of size, quickness and power. Now he's really integrating some next level skills and he's taking off.

He's gonna get paid. The point is to use the space now to build this up before we need to and happily will max him out after next year

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/19/2021  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2021  8:19 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Look at his shot chart. Look at his progrssion

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/julius-randle-shot-chart-by-season

Just pulled this up again now. His right corner threes are off the charts now.

I would never have guessed he would go from spinovers to literally unstoppable fade-away j's. And 17 assists in a game!

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

3/20/2021  9:23 AM
If he keeps playing like this for the Knicks for another 3-4 years, he would become more popular than Ewing.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/20/2021  9:40 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:If he keeps playing like this for the Knicks for another 3-4 years, he would become more popular than Ewing.

If he keeps it up he’ll be more popular than Jesus

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/20/2021  11:04 AM
Do you think we have to give him a max deal? Randle is a good player but 30 million a year is to much
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
USA
3/20/2021  12:20 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Do you think we have to give him a max deal? Randle is a good player but 30 million a year is to much

If Randle matches this output next year, it would be hard not to

Nalod
USA
3/20/2021  1:30 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Do you think we have to give him a max deal? Randle is a good player but 30 million a year is to much

ITs a tough call. I like the kid but we don’t know Leon or Thibs view. Maybe we trade him. Can’t say for whom but he is an asset we control for now. We can’t lowball and offend him but at the same time he has to ascertain his value and if he wants max money or does he want to be here with a somewhat lower price. HE knows he can be traded, He knows it a business and he knows the deal. Hopefully a happy compromise can be seen.
THere is a reality we have seen where he cannot physically dominate every team. Milwaukee showed him up. Not just Giannis. He is not a max dude but that is rare air and I’m not trying to tear him down. He is not Lebron, AD, Gianiss, Luka, Dame, Curry, Durant, Harden..........I’m sure I’m leaving out others who are max.
That is also a different kind of max money i realize.
I like him and want to keep him. He is also an asset and thats a reason to keep him too!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9

3/20/2021  11:55 PM
Something I wanted to bring when people are debating whether or not Jewlz should be an All-Star. The guys has been crazy consistent. He doesn't really deviate from his season averages from game to game. Here's a Reddit thread where someone locks in on the game's most consistent scorers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/m926mj/the_most_consistent_players_this_season/

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/21/2021  11:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2021  11:14 PM
Damn. In the first overtime of the year against Philly. Coach gets a T. I have no problem with that. Coaches should gets techs, it's ok. But focking Randle. WTF man. Second to last possession the ball clearly goes off of him. Just man up to it, damn it. His antics are starting to hurt his cause. He is an All Star now. It's a new level and he is flailing out there. He is still on his way to becoming Melo when it comes to calls.

Let's rewind. It's our glorious 2012-13 season when Melo took us to the second round. Our recent refuge. And it's the second round against the the Pacers. And Melo is getting completely shut down and sonned by what's his face. That center they had. That supposedly went "straight up" when mauling him. No calls. Randle, like Melo, might be fighting refs the rest of his career. :(

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/22/2021  8:51 AM
ramtour420 wrote:Damn. In the first overtime of the year against Philly. Coach gets a T. I have no problem with that. Coaches should gets techs, it's ok. But focking Randle. WTF man. Second to last possession the ball clearly goes off of him. Just man up to it, damn it. His antics are starting to hurt his cause. He is an All Star now. It's a new level and he is flailing out there. He is still on his way to becoming Melo when it comes to calls.

Let's rewind. It's our glorious 2012-13 season when Melo took us to the second round. Our recent refuge. And it's the second round against the the Pacers. And Melo is getting completely shut down and sonned by what's his face. That center they had. That supposedly went "straight up" when mauling him. No calls. Randle, like Melo, might be fighting refs the rest of his career. :(

You talking about the Hibbert block that was actually goaltending? Whatever.
Melo got mauled his whole damn stay here. I would like to have seen LeQ, just once, get a headband knocked off his noggin and NOT get a call.

Randle's got to just Bernard-face it and keep going. Let Thibs do the whining. Players working the refs never works. Unless you're LeQ.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/22/2021  9:24 AM
Thought Randle played HERO ball down the stretch, missing out on a open BURKS twice in OT.
ES
Julius Randle's Reputation - Player's Tribune

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy