[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Julius Randle's Reputation - Player's Tribune
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/4/2021  12:59 PM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/reputation-julius-randle-new-york-knicks-basketball-nba

Must read. Acknowledges last year was a frustrating year and he was not a leader, too busy trying to live up to the contract we gave him and be a #1 option.

This man wants to be a Knick! Hope we extend him. Oh captain, my captain!

And that’s what’s been special about this year. I’ve gotten to flip the script on my own reputation as a player, while I’ve also gotten to help with this larger thing we have going — where we’re flipping the script on the reputation of our entire franchise.

Mostly, though, I just wanted to write this to say thank you to everyone who’s been supporting us during a tough time.... and over a strange couple of seasons. We’re building something here, and I’m glad to be a part of it.

I’m grateful for the chance to make a second first impression.

I’m damn proud to be a Knick.

(I think my favorite blurb was:

It’s funny, I swear. We’ll have Obi asking me 100 questions a day. (I’ll be like, “Obi, leave me alone.”) We’ll have RJ who just never stops grinding. We’ll have Quick, from his first day of training camp, being the last one to leave the court. We’ll have this whole big bus of guys, on that plane-to-gym workout plan, just trying to get those shots up. It’s a cool energy.
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/4/2021  1:24 PM
Amazing read man, thanks for posting. Yeah Julius may not be the #1 option long term but he will be a key piece to our future.
The Future is Bright!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/4/2021  2:03 PM
Great read, thanks. Thibs has made Randle's job easier. By being able to impliment his system from day one. Not having to deal with 2 coaches in a season.

Should be emphasized that a big part of Randle's uplevel, was from all the work he put in the short offseason.

Been for and against trading Julius, Im against it, if we can get him enough help to put us into contender status. Before the minutes catch up with him. Some injuries are about being on the floor too long.

Instead of clearing out space for a couple of stars. Id like to see the FO sign one while keeping Mitch/Noel/RJ/Quickley/Obi on the roster, in addition to Randle. Not suggesting any of them are being shopped. With the exception of Obi (who needs PT and an first rate PG more than anything).we've seen that they can win games. With or without Randle on the court. Easier with Randle, of course. Believe Rose will get a 2 year deal regardless.

If there was ever a draft to try to move to the top 3 and get the best PG we can, this would be it.
Id like to see the FO keep these players, if its contractually doable. Draft a top PG prospect. Then sign one star with the cap room. Believe that might make us deep enough to get past the Nets. Defense being a big reason.

Say what you want about Payton, he gave us some continuity. Made it easier to incorporate the new players. Get into the playoff hunt, sooner rsther than later.

Keeping these players on the roster, and trying to build from there, would help speed up not only the development of newly drafted players. It could speed up the development of the team as a whole.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/4/2021  3:17 PM
All i know is we can't have Randle here doing it all alone like EWING & MELO. Those 2 guys had decent role players around them but never got that 2nd dude, by the time Amare and Sprewell came in the picture, Amare was done being an All star, and so was Ewing when spree got here.

I think the knicks will swing for the fences Via Trade/FA

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/4/2021  3:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:All i know is we can't have Randle here doing it all alone like EWING & MELO. Those 2 guys had decent role players around them but never got that 2nd dude, by the time Amare and Sprewell came in the picture, Amare was done being an All star, and so was Ewing when spree got here.

I think the knicks will swing for the fences Via Trade/FA

sure that's all you know?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/4/2021  3:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2021  3:58 PM
Coach Nick does a scouting video on lefty PFs Randle, Zion and Sabonis. Randle clearly the most well-rounded of the three (Zion is clearly the most dominant). Touches on their similarities and differentiating qualities. One thing that stands out is the variety of moves Randle has. Sabonis, while still a beast, can get jammed up during some matchups while Randle, through his faceup ability, can still be effective against varying defensive players and looks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/4/2021  4:35 PM
just came here to share in case it wasn't up... definitely a must read... I got goosebumps when I realized the reason I love this team is because they are executing Kobe Bryant's playbook - **** yeah
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/4/2021  4:56 PM
Funny how alot of his sentences mentioned Obi before anyone else. Says alot about how serious he takes this mentoring leadership role.

Plane to the gym...

knicks1248
3/4/2021  4:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:just came here to share in case it wasn't up... definitely a must read... I got goosebumps when I realized the reason I love this team is because they are executing Kobe Bryant's playbook - **** yeah

I hope it help changes the mind set of some fans that think the way to develop a young player is to put him on the court and tank, let him play through stupid mistakes.

Without veteran leadership, there is no development

Without a winning environment, there is no development

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2021  5:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:just came here to share in case it wasn't up... definitely a must read... I got goosebumps when I realized the reason I love this team is because they are executing Kobe Bryant's playbook - **** yeah

I hope it help changes the mind set of some fans that think the way to develop a young player is to put him on the court and tank, let him play through stupid mistakes.

And without Development there is not winning environment.
Can’t make an omelet without a chicken.
Steve Mills and Scott Perry signed Randle. Rainman tortured! LOL

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/4/2021  10:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

And Without Cade theres no championship so whats your point?
The Future is Bright!
MattSuspect
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #932
3/5/2021  1:28 AM
I dusted off the login to this account to put it on the record, lock Julius Randle up,. This is the type of culture we need. What a tremendous article. I love this team. Go Knicks!
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/5/2021  3:57 AM
This article is like music to my ears. The greatest part about it is that it's not empty words, everything he says he has followed with actions. I am ready to build around Randle, RJ and the rest of the youth.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/5/2021  10:09 AM
May want to lock up Thibs and his staff as well. And the FO. Is Randle's story just an off-season of really hard work and taking Kobe's psychowork mentality and mentorship model to heart, or do the non-playing staff have something to do with our All Star and this team going from the plane to the gym as well? I obviously am not there, so I don't know.

And this leads me to wonder if we are building a Kenny Atkinson-like family and then break it up for higher priced, better parts, ala the Barkclays Insane Clown Posse? Another cautionary tale is in the making. Harden is seen and quoted as playing defense (oh yeah, this is the end of the world....) As much as I dislike the Nyets, they are like some sort of MCU science project now. Can they be stopped, or will they just stop themselves and dissipate if this season doesn't end in a chip? KD to the Lakers? Kyrie goes back to Cleveland? LOL

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/5/2021  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2021  10:45 AM
ramtour420 wrote:This article is like music to my ears. The greatest part about it is that it's not empty words, everything he says he has followed with actions. I am ready to build around Randle, RJ and the rest of the youth.

It was a great article. The progress Randle has made and Barrett too has sold me on the future of this team. And seems like the shooting concerns are less significant with these 2. There's some serious work being done by the players and coaching staff here. It's makes what we are seeing feel sustainable. It also makes me feel like they shouldn't make any significant trade. Wait until the right player wants to come via free agency.

knicks1248
3/5/2021  10:51 AM
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Still dreaming of a top pick, and then posting conspiracy theories when we drop in the draft every single time.

So what should we do now the we have an official All star/Leader on the roster that we didn't draft?

Should we trade him and TANK for Cade since we are not title contenders

ES
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2021  10:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Still dreaming of a top pick, and then posting conspiracy theories when we drop in the draft every single time.

So what should we do now the we have an official All star/Leader on the roster that we didn't draft?

We would all love Cade, but it's not like he's having some crazy season. He doesn't seem to be a world beater.

knicks1248
3/5/2021  11:48 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

We would all love Cade, but it's not like he's having some crazy season. He doesn't seem to be a world beater.

He's probably a very good prospect, but not worth sacrificing an entire season for

ES
Knixkik
USA
3/5/2021  11:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He's probably a very good prospect, but not worth sacrificing an entire season for

ESPN had an interesting article on him. They aren't sure if he's an actually PG or a playmaking wing. They basically said on the high end he becomes a poor man's Doncic, and on the low end he probably ends up closer to a Khris Middleton type prospect. They felt like if he falls somewhere in between that outcome he's well worth the 1st overall pick, but may not be a franchise-altering player. Obviously he would be awesome to have, and this draft is going to generate some stars. I still wonder where Barrett would fall in a draft like this after his strong season at Duke.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2021  12:07 PM
Draft odds now leveled. Nobody is tanking anymore. Not saying teams are not resigned to their place and rebuilding but tanking odds don’t play anymore.
Point is more that was should not leverage the future to make an empty dash for the playoffs.
Julius Randle's Reputation - Player's Tribune

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy