[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

as good as it will get.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2021  8:39 AM
The strength of the schedule will be brutal for us. We have the third hardest schedule in the east going forward.
The East is bunched up so a bad stretch takes us out of playoffs. Its not hate. Media really has been nice to us this time as Thibs is earning respect for the knicks. Its all a good thing.
HE has to balance an eye for the future, build current culture, and “Win today”. Not sure how that all goes down but he seems to be doing an excellent job for sure.

I like the Rose trade as it cost us really nothing (sorry Dennis!) It was a good shot in the arm culture wise. I like that Frank is getting some burn and contributing. Nice stretch last night in SA after a timid start. Maybe as a trade asset. BTW Pops Gleague Squad really handled us well. Obi’s air ball got me worried though and Randle seemed to being to “hero ball” mode which stopped ball movement. Breen might have said it best that “sometimes knicks have nights like this”. Not panicking really because I’m not dancing in the streets. I thought some knicks played good individually last night and some like Burks and Bullock reminded us why the are here on short term deals.

As a fan I’m expecting a tough go of it the rest of the way. Not because SAS took us apart last night. But because this is who we are. Its not “Frank” this, or “Barrett” that........Its just we are not that great a roster. We are a decent roster playing as good as it can.
Tempering expectations is not hate. I’m really enjoying this season and by keeping it real I won’t let it ruin my mood. Two games over .500 should not be the high water benchmark that we hold the team to and say “We blew it”.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/3/2021  11:31 AM
I mean anything we have done this year has been a surprise. It's why i don't believe in making a big move right now, because i don't think this team is there yet. Let's just enjoy that this team has been a surprise. Maybe they can fight to remain a play-in team and it would be a huge step forward. It will still be great momentum going forward. As always, youth development is the priority. Randle is still only 26 and falls into that category to me. This team is built around (and based on) the develop of Randle, Barrett, Quickley, Mitch, and Toppin. Rose can be considered another long-term piece simply because this is Thibs' team. But they will still need far more to be a sustainable playoff team, and we just aren't there yet.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/3/2021  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/3/2021  11:32 AM
I agree. It’s going to be tough but I’m very happy with our direction. I’m happy Rose and Perry stuck with their plan and did t make any dumb decisions like many other former Knick GMs/Presidents. We are building a culture and a young core which is fomenting I wanted for over a decade. No matter what happens the rest of the way I’m excited for our future
Ira
Member: #91
3/3/2021  11:40 AM
I'm in the same frame of mind. Unless the Knicks make a trade that helps them, they won't make the playoffs. As Nalod pointed out, the strength of the Knicks schedule is too much for them to compete against so many teams on the same level. But do have talented young players, multiple 1st round picks and cap room, so I like the outlook for the next few seasons.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/3/2021  12:00 PM
I’m really upset about our schedule, we were the 6th? Worst team last year. Why do we have the hardest schedule in the beginning and 3rd hardest in the east for the second half?? That makes zero sense it’s like the nba wants us to not make the playoffs ?

Who makes the schedule? We should write a letter to them asking there reasoning

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/3/2021  12:36 PM
I'll take half a good season- I went into this one thinking it was going to be awful to watch, and instead it turned into one of the most fun to watch and follow in years. Much as I'd love that to continue, in my head I know we need a high pick more than scraping into the playoffs, but honestly I'm genuinely fine either way.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/3/2021  1:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:I'll take half a good season- I went into this one thinking it was going to be awful to watch, and instead it turned into one of the most fun to watch and follow in years. Much as I'd love that to continue, in my head I know we need a high pick more than scraping into the playoffs, but honestly I'm genuinely fine either way.

Fade for Cade! The schedule is working against us and the roster's limitations are showing. It's time!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/3/2021  1:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I'll take half a good season- I went into this one thinking it was going to be awful to watch, and instead it turned into one of the most fun to watch and follow in years. Much as I'd love that to continue, in my head I know we need a high pick more than scraping into the playoffs, but honestly I'm genuinely fine either way.

Fade for Cade! The schedule is working against us and the roster's limitations are showing. It's time!

It's time to make a trade,

I know your not suggesting we tank, like lets trade randle for draft picks?

ES
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/3/2021  1:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/3/2021  1:33 PM
Yeah I understand that. I think absolute worst case scenario we go 9-27 for remaining half of the season but I think it’ll be closer to 13-23 and tbh that still makes for a very good season. 31 wins(translates to 35 wins adjusted to 82) which is a tremendous improvement over last season. But we’ll see though, maybe Toppin/Frank/Knox take a big leap in the 2nd half? Maybe Thibs figures out a way to maximize Mitch? Maybe RJ figures out how to pass better in fast breaks? Things could still tip in our favor..
The Future is Bright!
Ira
Member: #91
3/3/2021  1:58 PM
I want to add another point. I think that for the first time under Dolan, the Knicks are being competently run. Rose and Wes have made good personnel decisions and Thibs is a very good coach. I'm a happy camper.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/3/2021  2:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Naw, it's just time to let this season run its course. If a trade opens up for Lavine and Beal, I'd consider it. But I'm not down for any rash moves for Oladipo or the like. No desperation moved just to get into play-in game.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

3/3/2021  2:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Naw, it's just time to let this season run its course. If a trade opens up for Lavine and Beal, I'd consider it. But I'm not down for any rash moves for Oladipo or the like. No desperation moved just to get into play-in game.
. Agreed. This regime is different. We don’t make dumb moves and throw away draft picks unless it makes sense. Anybody who equates that to “tanking” Obviously doesn’t know much about how to build a team for long term success
as good as it will get.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy