[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

People around the league believes a star/all-star/superstar will demand a trade to the Knicks sometime in the next 12 months
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/6/2021  10:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:According to Jay Williams of ESPN he was able to unmasked the supposed superstar who wants to join the Knicks no other than Devin Booker. Unfortunately rumors like these are just based on personal opinion, nothing more so far. Its hard to believe that Booker will be interested in joining the knicks specialy now that the suns are doing very well being second seed in the West.

Is it possible Booker with all his connections with the current Knicks management will be interested in asking for a trade to the knicks? The answer is a maybe but until the time we hear it directly from Booker, it os what it is, just a rumor based on a person's opinion.

Hopefully we can see more concrete signs that star players now have the Knicks in their radar.

We should be asking if its worth giving up the store for Booker? Assuming Randle stays, my guess would be that it takes RJ/Mitch, maybe Obi (Stat-like) a couple of first rounders, more to make the salaries work.

If its not this exact trade, it will be costly nonetheless. RJ is just getting started. Mitch as well. They've both made big strides this season. Giving up mutiple players who are showing they dont really need to be replaced. We would also be mortgaging the future again. We would be disrupting the continuity, this team hasnt largely experienced since the 1990s.

I can look back on times where the team had the makings of a good core, only to see new mgmt come in and blow it to hades. If the FO trades for a star, I hope they take a real long look at what's left. Not tell themselves that they'll fix the roster imbalance later. Might not be fast enough.

The best shot we have to acquire a star, without giving up the store IMO, is in Free Agency. The FO can thin out the roster enough to bring in a star, without gutting the roster, wrecking the chemistry

Specifics are important. Star FA are few and far between. None really coming up of note.
Trades should not be viewed for what we give up, but what will remain and will be it enough or worth it.
Its been 10 years since the melo trade when Dolan tripped over himself to do that deal. Lets not go thru the aftermath but the net result that the cupboard was a bit empty. The issue was not so much melo but we did not. Start with the formula of drafting a star, then trade for one/Sign one. Instead we had a core of JR Smith. Peak Stat would have been great but we knew that was fools gold. No need to lay blame on Whomever. It was “Knicks”.
I trust Leon-Perry-Aller-Perrin-Zanin because they are competent and Dolan is hopefully resigned to leave them alone.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/6/2021  11:33 AM
The only way a star come here is if leon and Wes make it happen Via a trade , I don't care if we win 85% of our remaining games and get to the conference finals, stars just don't seem to want to Voluntarily sign here.

Thats ok for me, I more prefer to get guys like Randle who are on the Fringe of becoming a star, guys that just need that Coach to push them to the next level.

There's only about 4 guys in the league that I would go all in for that we realistically have a shot at(Beal, KAT, J Grant, Lavine)

ES
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/7/2021  12:57 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:According to Jay Williams of ESPN he was able to unmasked the supposed superstar who wants to join the Knicks no other than Devin Booker. Unfortunately rumors like these are just based on personal opinion, nothing more so far. Its hard to believe that Booker will be interested in joining the knicks specialy now that the suns are doing very well being second seed in the West.

Is it possible Booker with all his connections with the current Knicks management will be interested in asking for a trade to the knicks? The answer is a maybe but until the time we hear it directly from Booker, it os what it is, just a rumor based on a person's opinion.

Hopefully we can see more concrete signs that star players now have the Knicks in their radar.

Book got passed on for the all star team. For a competitor like him that has to be a huge insult. If Booker was a Knick he’d be starting in the all star game

Philc1

3/7/2021  12:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The only way a star come here is if leon and Wes make it happen Via a trade , I don't care if we win 85% of our remaining games and get to the conference finals, stars just don't seem to want to Voluntarily sign here.

Thats ok for me, I more prefer to get guys like Randle who are on the Fringe of becoming a star, guys that just need that Coach to push them to the next level.

There's only about 4 guys in the league that I would go all in for that we realistically have a shot at(Beal, KAT, J Grant, Lavine)

True but KD (supposedly) was about to sign here as a UFA. If he was only slightly more mentally tough he’s a Knick today

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/7/2021  2:57 PM
I am NOT trading for a star unless we have a star or 2 already in place. Dammit, these teams that put all these guys together all follow the same freaking formula. You get your first 2 without giving up assets, then you give up as many assets as you can when everything is in place so you don't need those picks or young players to build your team for the future and plug and play role players is all you need.

This is why I hate the media. They sell all this crap about trading for a guy like Beal (the guys on Kay and DCR are the WORST in conversations like this). Trade everyone But Randle for Beal....now you got...the Washington Wizards in NY with 2 good players, no one else, and no way to build.

~You can't run from who you are.~
nycdan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8926

3/7/2021  3:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The only way a star come here is if leon and Wes make it happen Via a trade , I don't care if we win 85% of our remaining games and get to the conference finals, stars just don't seem to want to Voluntarily sign here.

Even when we had the crappiest GM and coach imaginable, some stars still wanted to come here. Now that things are looking a lot better than 5-10 years ago, I don't see that as an issue at all. The thing stars seem to want most though is to be on a super-team. Once we get one max player to pair with Julius, I think the third one will be easier to attract. However, I'm not 100% convinced we need two superstars at this point. We have a lot of very promising young talent and draft picks. You put a Kawhi-type talent on this team and if RJ raises his FG% a few points, things could gel next season. I'm enjoying seeing guys we drafted start to shine and would hate to toss them all away chasing one star.

Welpee
Member: #6239

3/7/2021  4:02 PM
Do we really want a "star" at this point? I mean, the true "stars" who are difference makers aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Are the second tier "stars" who are likely to be available worth the money and assets we'd have to give up? I'm not sure any difference makers will be available during free agency. Should the approach be more like the Julius Randle model, find that player who is about the pop and land him before he becomes a star?

I just wonder if it's a sound idea to chase after players like Beal or Lavine if you have give up a ton of assets to get them. Just food for thought.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/9/2021  4:38 AM
Knixkik wrote:Swapping Randle for KAT is dumb. Randle is better. It would have to be Mitch, Toppin and picks. Otherwise I’d rather hold tight for a guard. LaVine is the guy I think has a good shot to end up here. And do we really think KAT will be ready to play for thibs so soon after not liking it before ?

Yeah any trade for KAT would involve Mitch and Obi and a first round pick or two, not Randle. Actually, if we got KAT, resigned Noel as backup, and kept the rest of the team (other than Mitch and Obi), we would be pretty damn solid.

Trust the Process
Philc1

3/9/2021  5:08 AM
Problem with KAT is we are pretty loaded at PF now and he’s a PF

We need a SF

xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
3/9/2021  5:21 AM
Philc1 wrote:Problem with KAT is we are pretty loaded at PF now and he’s a PF

We need a SF

KAT is not PF in this league but exclusively C. Once upon a time he could have been PF like Duncan, but not today. But we don’t need a center either because I’m more than OK with Mitchell.

I would say the two things we need are a passing PG and an athletic wing that is good 3p shooter. IQ can be our PG, although in my opinion he has skillset for a great 6th player, so I would love good wing the most.

Philc1

3/9/2021  6:13 AM
xavier wrote:

We need a SF

KAT is not PF in this league but exclusively C. Once upon a time he could have been PF like Duncan, but not today. But we don’t need a center either because I’m more than OK with Mitchell.

I would say the two things we need are a passing PG and an athletic wing that is good 3p shooter. IQ can be our PG, although in my opinion he has skillset for a great 6th player, so I would love good wing the most.

We are loaded at C too. The bigger issue is we don’t just need a superstar we need a Wing Superstar who shoots from a high percentage from 3

xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
3/9/2021  6:42 AM
Philc1 wrote:
xavier wrote:

We need a SF

We are loaded at C too. The bigger issue is we don’t just need a superstar we need a Wing Superstar who shoots from a high percentage from 3

Isn't that exactly what I wrote?

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/9/2021  9:38 AM
TheGame wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Swapping Randle for KAT is dumb. Randle is better. It would have to be Mitch, Toppin and picks. Otherwise I’d rather hold tight for a guard. LaVine is the guy I think has a good shot to end up here. And do we really think KAT will be ready to play for thibs so soon after not liking it before ?

Yeah any trade for KAT would involve Mitch and Obi and a first round pick or two, not Randle. Actually, if we got KAT, resigned Noel as backup, and kept the rest of the team (other than Mitch and Obi), we would be pretty damn solid.

That would be a dream come true...which is why it will never happen. Regardless of any lingering bad blood, that's just not enough to give up for KAT. It would probs take Mitch, Obi, IQ, and 2-3 1st rounders. Much as I would love to have KAT back home playing for his favorite team, I don't want us to repeat the mistakes from the Melo-era...leaving bare cupboards.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2021  10:00 AM

and yet here we are with Julius Randle an all star leading the Knick to the playoffs. How did we get him again?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
People around the league believes a star/all-star/superstar will demand a trade to the Knicks sometime in the next 12 months

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy