[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

People around the league believes a star/all-star/superstar will demand a trade to the Knicks sometime in the next 12 months
Author Thread
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

3/2/2021  7:52 PM
News of a star could demand a trade to the knicks within a year started circulating. A name being speculated is Kat. Honestly, if we give up Mitch and Randle for Kat I think the knicks solid interior rim protection will suffer bigtime. Not really sure i want Kat here. Before Thibs took over the T-wolves, Kat is a player i would want in this team but seeing how he responded to Thibs' coaching I dont want him here but what's puzzling is Thibs is on board with the idea of bring him here.

Aside from trading for Kat another player could join the team in free agency, Oladipo or Kawhi. If thibs can get everyone on board the way he has done with this current roster, a roster with Kat, RJ, Oladipo or kawhi under Thibs' defense could be an interesting team.

Im not really sold on Kat, i would rather develop mitch's offense the same way Thibs made prime Jaokim a 2-way threat.

This current roster have some similarities to thibs' old Chicago team. Mitch is the Jaokim 2.0, randle is boozer 2.0, RJ is the Deng 2.0, Quickley is the Korver 2.0 and rose is an older version of himself. I just want Leon and Thibs to be patient with this group. Let them grow and mature. The most i want them to do to change this roster is to just add a player in free agency Kawhi or Oladipo to this young core and continue the development.

Would you want to trade for a star or let this group grow and see if they can be special?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/2/2021  8:19 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:

This current roster have some similarities to thibs' old Chicago team. Mitch is the Jaokim 2.0, randle is boozer 2.0, RJ is the Deng 2.0, Quickley is the Korver 2.0 and rose is an older version of himself. I just want Leon and Thibs to be patient with this group. Let them grow and mature. The most i want them to do to change this roster is to just add a player in free agency Kawhi or Oladipo to this young core and continue the development.

You buggin'! Boozer is the first generation iPod and Randle is the iPad Pro. Korver is the Sega Dreamcast and IQ is the PlayStation 5.
But yeah, the Knicks just need to play it by ear. If the right star comes along, the pounce
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/2/2021  8:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:

You buggin'! Boozer is the first generation iPod and Randle is the iPad Pro. Korver is the Sega Dreamcast and IQ is the PlayStation 5.
But yeah, the Knicks just need to play it by ear. If the right star comes along, the pounce

Noah is a chicken Mcnugget and Mitch is a value meal.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

3/2/2021  8:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:

Hahaha 🤣, better comparison BigDaddyG. I know this team could be ripe to pounce on a star but im hoping they could be patient and give this group to be special. I know everyone wants this team to flourish by getting the right superstar. I want the knicks to be relevant for the next dacade with this young group rather than be relevant with a superstar onhand for the next 5 years and give away the young core.

What ever the FO decides il be happy with the knicks being competitive for the next 5 years at least.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
3/2/2021  9:19 PM
KAT’s history with Thibs makes me nervous. Kenny Payne’s presence makes it more interesting. I don’t think swapping Randle for KAT is the move I want. I think they could play together.

We’ll see what happens. I think my comfort level with the coaching and the FO makes this no longer about a single player (eg must sign Durant) and more about the team.

This team has spunk.

This is the Randle.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/2/2021  9:59 PM
I don't want KAT. I am happy with Randle right now.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/2/2021  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2021  10:30 PM
Swapping Randle for KAT is dumb. Randle is better. It would have to be Mitch, Toppin and picks. Otherwise I’d rather hold tight for a guard. LaVine is the guy I think has a good shot to end up here. And do we really think KAT will be ready to play for thibs so soon after not liking it before ?
xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
3/3/2021  4:20 AM
KAT is a very nice player, but the problem is that he's not what the Knicks need. 3 our best players are all frontcourt players. OK, RJ is SG / SF although I think his more natural position is SF. So we have one all star player, one young all round player who is progressing every day and a defensive center who is not very far from the best ones in the league in that segment.

But what we lack are guards. In the backcourt positions, we chronically lack quality and if we are going to make a serious move, we definitely need to bring a quality guard(s).

Philc1
Member: #8897

3/3/2021  4:43 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I don't want KAT. I am happy with Randle right now.

Agree. But what if we somehow managed to have both

Let’s say Twolves offer KAT for Mitch + all four of our first round picks next 2 years

Philc1
Member: #8897

3/3/2021  4:44 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:News of a star could demand a trade to the knicks within a year started circulating. A name being speculated is Kat. Honestly, if we give up Mitch and Randle for Kat I think the knicks solid interior rim protection will suffer bigtime. Not really sure i want Kat here. Before Thibs took over the T-wolves, Kat is a player i would want in this team but seeing how he responded to Thibs' coaching I dont want him here but what's puzzling is Thibs is on board with the idea of bring him here.

Aside from trading for Kat another player could join the team in free agency, Oladipo or Kawhi. If thibs can get everyone on board the way he has done with this current roster, a roster with Kat, RJ, Oladipo or kawhi under Thibs' defense could be an interesting team.

Im not really sold on Kat, i would rather develop mitch's offense the same way Thibs made prime Jaokim a 2-way threat.

Would you want to trade for a star or let this group grow and see if they can be special?

Don’t be shocked if Giannis or someone on that level demands a trade here. Bucks are going nowhere.

xavier
Croatia
3/3/2021  5:15 AM
Philc1 wrote:Don’t be shocked if Giannis or someone on that level demands a trade here. Bucks are going nowhere.

People talk about it all the time, but NBA contracts are such that someone can demand a trade as much as they want, but that doesn’t mean the team has to trade him. OK, of course long-term no one wants a disgruntled star and if such a state persists, the trade is likely to happen sooner or later. However, the fact that this star wants to go to a certain place only has an impact if his contract is coming to an end. If there are 3 more seasons until the end of the contract, it doesn't really matter what he wants and the team will trade him where it pays off the most, to the team which offers the best package for him.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/3/2021  5:32 AM
xavier wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Don’t be shocked if Giannis or someone on that level demands a trade here. Bucks are going nowhere.

People talk about it all the time, but NBA contracts are such that someone can demand a trade as much as they want, but that doesn’t mean the team has to trade him. OK, of course long-term no one wants a disgruntled star and if such a state persists, the trade is likely to happen sooner or later. However, the fact that this star wants to go to a certain place only has an impact if his contract is coming to an end. If there are 3 more seasons until the end of the contract, it doesn't really matter what he wants and the team will trade him where it pays off the most, to the team which offers the best package for him.

Look at James Harden with 2 or 3 yrs left on his deal and the Brooklyn got him for at best a pedestrian cache of assets ..they got stripped of everything yes...but their offer was weak compared to other teams...but the beard wanted to go there and possibly put they word out that he will be disruptive any place else..

xavier
Croatia
3/3/2021  6:05 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Look at James Harden with 2 or 3 yrs left on his deal and the Brooklyn got him for at best a pedestrian cache of assets ..they got stripped of everything yes...but their offer was weak compared to other teams...but the beard wanted to go there and possibly put they word out that he will be disruptive any place else..

I just don't believe in that. Harden is as old as he is and he's certainly not in a position to be counterproductive until the end of his contract. Yes, the player and the agent will try in various ways to get the interested teams to believe that the player is only interested in team X, but I say again, once the trade happens and the player comes to a new team, he will very quickly start playing normally if the environment is relatively normal. There is no way to immediately have a negative attitude.

Only the team must not fall for this “exclusivity” before the trade. We remember how Kobe and Francis once forced teams to trade them right after the draft. Rubio tried a similar move, as he did not want to replace sunny Barcelona with Minneapolis. But the Wolves made it clear to him “either you’re going to play in Minnesota or you’re not going to play the NBA” and suddenly there were no problems.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/3/2021  6:31 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I don't want KAT. I am happy with Randle right now.

He makes zero sense next to Randle. The only player im throwing assets at is an elite wing. If we show improvement someone will sign or force there way here. KAT is not the guy

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
xavier
Croatia
3/3/2021  6:45 AM
If we’re talking about top wings under 25, I’d most like Tatum or Brown, but that’s a mission impossible of course. Beal is a bit older, though not too old, but I’m not sure he’s as good as he would cost us. LaVine is probably the most affordable even though I have certain reserves around him, and here too the price would unfortunately be much higher than people generally think.

Booker or Mitchell may be a little more realistic at some point, not this season of course. Ingram if the Pelicans project fails, but only after a certain time of course...however, we are slowly coming out of the sphere of stars here.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2021  7:04 AM
Maybe its Booker with his Kardashian in tow that wants in on the Gotham Wildcats?
Have to make sure KAT has no long term Covid effects. Let’s just say we don’t get young immature KAT, we get one thats more mentally stronger as he matures. Maybe.
Minny got him D’angelo and a new coach. Logic says he stays a while.
Has to be a CAA guy, right? LOL.
Core of Randle Plus for Giannis. Most teams want “An allstar in return”. They can sell it to the fans. Randle gets paid and Milwaukee gets perhaps two more 1st rounders and perhaps another player. Say its Frank to make 1248 happy.
I’m not endorsing this, just discussing.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/3/2021  7:12 AM
Are these the same people that said KD and Kyrie were MSG bound?
xavier
Croatia
3/3/2021  7:19 AM
Nalod wrote:Core of Randle Plus for Giannis. Most teams want “An allstar in return”. They can sell it to the fans. Randle gets paid and Milwaukee gets perhaps two more 1st rounders and perhaps another player. Say its Frank to make 1248 happy.

IMHO Randle is a much better player at the moment than the fans of other teams think. I want to say that judging by what others are writing, I don’t believe anyone would welcome him as “ok, we got an all star player”. I just think he’s actually worth a lot more to the Knicks than he’s worth on the market.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/3/2021  7:58 AM
The premise makes sense once we start winning consistently

Not feeling KAT on this team though

Might Luka prefer NYC to Dallas? Or Trae, Donovan?

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2021  8:22 AM
Yesterday Brian WIndhorst’s Podcast knicks were the major topic and he stated what the OP wrote. Not my intention to call out plageristic content but to discuss this as its where it was “reported”. He did not say who. Brian has a pretty good rep. He said by NEXT years trade deadline.
Also bought up was Knicks are not known to be an “organic grower” and likely we’d be using the Nets model which was Culture, develop then trade/free agent. Nothing shocking. But using D’angelo Russell example and comparing to Randle emergence I thought as interesting. He could be a major trade chip and its consistent with what I said before regarding Randle. Other teams fans don’t make the trades but once he is an all star his rep will rise and perhaps as a consolation piece.
MIlwaukee can say “few times do you get back fair value but we got an allstar in his prime and XXXX picks, etc......”
I’m not advocating for this, just saying Randles rise makes this plausible to some degree.
People around the league believes a star/all-star/superstar will demand a trade to the Knicks sometime in the next 12 months

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy