[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What do we do with Rose, Bullock, Burks, and Noel Long-Term?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2021  9:54 AM
Be it frank, or any other player if we have better alternatives coming in then we move on. We can’t see the effects of a potential trade in real time and opportunities it creates.
Look at Boston, Kyrie leaves after he was traded. That depleted them. Kemba is a shell of his former self this season. Maybe he gets better. Now if Kyrie stays, and Haywood healthy that core is incredible. Perhaps there is a path if AD wanted to go to Boston and resign they make a big trade. There were windows for them that did not open. Bad luck with Haywood and Kyrie. They came close and there are too many “What ifs” to reconstruct in real time.

My point is the guys all listed long term? Really if none of them stick we good as long as “the unseen” supplements what goes out with better coming in. We have more assets on the roster and picks coming than I can recall with a ton of cap space and cap flex that so many things are possible.
Can’t see it, but its there.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2021  10:43 AM
Nalod wrote:Be it frank, or any other player if we have better alternatives coming in then we move on. We can’t see the effects of a potential trade in real time and opportunities it creates.
Look at Boston, Kyrie leaves after he was traded. That depleted them. Kemba is a shell of his former self this season. Maybe he gets better. Now if Kyrie stays, and Haywood healthy that core is incredible. Perhaps there is a path if AD wanted to go to Boston and resign they make a big trade. There were windows for them that did not open. Bad luck with Haywood and Kyrie. They came close and there are too many “What ifs” to reconstruct in real time.

My point is the guys all listed long term? Really if none of them stick we good as long as “the unseen” supplements what goes out with better coming in. We have more assets on the roster and picks coming than I can recall with a ton of cap space and cap flex that so many things are possible.

there are two big lessons from the above. 1) you keep talent and 2) if you lose it you dont overpay a replacement

Kemba is good, he's just not a max guy and he's not as good as Kyrie even with the mental BS

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2021  11:20 AM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:Be it frank, or any other player if we have better alternatives coming in then we move on. We can’t see the effects of a potential trade in real time and opportunities it creates.

there are two big lessons from the above. 1) you keep talent and 2) if you lose it you dont overpay a replacement

Kemba is good, he's just not a max guy and he's not as good as Kyrie even with the mental BS

Boston messed up big time but maybe the players they had also didn't want tot stick with the team.

Al Horford, Kyrie, Hayward, Terry Rozier.

Keep Rozier and maybe the loss of Kyrie doesn't bring on the kneecapped Kemba and you have a tough as nails backcourt of Rozier/Smart.

Move Hayward for Myles Turner if you can and perhaps keep Horford.

Horford, Turner, Tatytum, Brown, Rozier is TOUGH

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/2/2021  11:44 AM
fishmike wrote:the two priorities should be Rose and Noel. Either guys can start or be critical role players off the bench.

Noel is 26 and there is no way if Mitch is the starter he's going to be an 80 game guy. He's just not built that way. So even if we are committed to Mitch and Mitching being the starter we are going to need a high end back up and Noel certainly fills that.

I suspect in an empty FA class he might get some juicy offers, but if he's open to being mostly Mitch's backup I would give him 4 years $50mm ($12.5. even). It locks him into a staff/role/team he's excelling on and likes. Hopefully its enough to keep him.

For Rose it would be the same but shorter 2/$25mm

I had originally thought we should grab a veteran floor general (it would be costly) by offering Conley or Lowry 2/$50mm ish but I like the idea of brining Rose/Noel back for that money.

I would definitely be down for the Noel contract but wouldn't expect Leon to give a 2 year deal at $12M per to Rose, way too much for a guy who will be 33 and 20 minutes per guy. Rose makes $7M this year and that seems on par, maybe the midlevel which will be around $9.5M

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/2/2021  11:50 AM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Boston messed up big time but maybe the players they had also didn't want tot stick with the team.

Al Horford, Kyrie, Hayward, Terry Rozier.

Keep Rozier and maybe the loss of Kyrie doesn't bring on the kneecapped Kemba and you have a tough as nails backcourt of Rozier/Smart.

Move Hayward for Myles Turner if you can and perhaps keep Horford.

Horford, Turner, Tatytum, Brown, Rozier is TOUGH

Danny Ainge screwed up that Hayward thing big time. He had Turner and McDermott standing offer and decided to play chicken with Hayward. Such a strange situation. He got ****y and paid for it big time. That one trade back in 2013 basically got them Smart, Tatum, and Brown. Other than that he's done nothing with his draft picks or from a team-building standpoint since 2007.

martin
USA
3/2/2021  12:10 PM
ha just like that:

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

3/2/2021  12:24 PM
Several of these guys are thriving under Thibs so it would be tough to see them go. It would depend big time on offers.

If i were in charge I would keep Noel. I think the Knicks should resign Mitch (yesterday!! to keep him focused and happy), but if he gets all psychotic on his demands Noel would do a nice job for less. That said, we are seeing the best Noel has to offer (great D; stone hands). We are just seeing the tip of the iceberb with Mitch who is so coordinated and athletic.

rose will be tied to Thibs. I think they have a lot of trust in each other. I just dont see him moving any time soon

Burks and Bullock are more of an enigma. I like Burks far more; he's a big guard with a reliable stroke and the right mindset. He was a bit of a disappointment early in his career but seems very comfortable now and playing within himself. The biggest murkiness in my book is the Knick very badly need a reliable 3 who can hit shots and wants to kill the opponent. When that guy comes, Bullock for sure will be a sitting duck -- fans will like him but c'mon. Burks role will be similarly affected

for the first time in a long time Knicks are really looking primed for a move up. It's often said you need to get a little lucky in the draft. We got Mitch in the second round. We got IQ late in the first. We get one or more of Obi, Frank or KK to really contribute, plus upcoming picks and some of these guys are going to be happy footnotes in the story of our revival

(5)(5)
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

3/3/2021  4:46 AM
martin wrote:ha just like that:

I wonder if Ainge would be willing to offer us either Brown or Tatum if we offered to take on Walker’s horrible contract plus multiple draft picks

Philc1

3/3/2021  4:47 AM
fishmike wrote:

Kemba looks slow. Not good when you’re on like year 2 of a max contract

Philc1

3/3/2021  4:50 AM
I can see Burks and Noel maybe getting long term deals somewhere else after this season

Bullock is what he is a guy who will be playing on one year journeyman contracts rest of his career. Ditto for Rose

Nalod
USA
3/3/2021  9:01 AM
Philc1 wrote:

I wonder if Ainge would be willing to offer us either Brown or Tatum if we offered to take on Walker’s horrible contract plus multiple draft picks

We give picks to take them back?
what do you propose is a fair trade?

Philc1

3/7/2021  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2021  1:04 PM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Knicks get: Brown or Tatum
Celtics get: we take on Kemba’s horrific contract + our 2021 1st round pick

Ainge would have to seriously consider that. Kemba would share PG with IQ which is the best situation for him as a player with his knee problems and we get a major upgrade at SF

Nalod
USA
3/7/2021  2:06 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Knicks get: Brown or Tatum
Celtics get: we take on Kemba’s horrific contract + our 2021 1st round pick

Ainge would have to seriously consider that. Kemba would share PG with IQ which is the best situation for him as a player with his knee problems and we get a major upgrade at SF

You think Kemba is killing the franchise to the extent that he has to be pared with Tatum, a top 5 young player as a salary dump? Tatum is a godsend cornerstone at age 22 and Boston won’t replace him inside anything close to the rest of Kemba’s contract duration.
what does boston get in return for the salary relief? A 10th pick? Who in this draft is better than Tatum?

What do we do with Rose, Bullock, Burks, and Noel Long-Term?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy