martin wrote:First game I thought Thibs played Rose too much

Buckle up

Knicks_Fan
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/27/2021  10:52 PM
Good for the Knicks. Playing hard and beating good teams. A ton of minutes for rose. He needs to trust quickley and dare I say Ntilikina a little more.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/27/2021  11:00 PM

Noel played 41 minutes thats insane

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2021  11:02 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

That one I understand, Rose was sloppy for periods out there

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/27/2021  11:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2021  11:22 PM
Jesus Christ, I don't know if I have good enough insurance coverage to watch this team.

Randle is a bully and I love it. Great match up against Sabonis tonight.

RJ with a great 33 1/2 minutes of game time! But you lose all good will when you choke at the line like that.

Concerned about the minutes tonight - Taj goes down and Obi only played 6 minutes? Don't break Noel, we still need him! Would have liked to see Quickley play longer too.

Crowd needs to cool it with the MVP chants. We've had 3 different players get it already. I bet they say "I love you" on the first date too.

But back to .500!

Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/27/2021  11:28 PM
The 5 Atlantic division teams are all in the Top 6 teams of the conference.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/28/2021  12:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2021  12:18 AM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I actually understand Rose's minutes. IQ had two sloppy turnovers. As much as we want to see the guy play big minutes, he still has to learn.

Rose may have been sloppy but Thibs trusts him. Who knows, maybe Thibs and IQ will foster a similar relationship, but right know he trusts Rose.

I will say this, Frank looked real good. He is actually shooting and looks great on D. Really hope he stays healthy (how awesome would it be if he outplays Bullock and we can plug him in?).

~You can't run from who you are.~
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/28/2021  1:05 AM
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I actually understand Rose's minutes. IQ had two sloppy turnovers. As much as we want to see the guy play big minutes, he still has to learn.

Rose may have been sloppy but Thibs trusts him. Who knows, maybe Thibs and IQ will foster a similar relationship, but right know he trusts Rose.

I will say this, Frank looked real good. He is actually shooting and looks great on D. Really hope he stays healthy (how awesome would it be if he outplays Bullock and we can plug him in?).

??
He took 2 shots in 11 mins?

y2zipper
Member: #3287

2/28/2021  1:44 AM
Getting a center behind Noel is a roster move if Gibson needs to miss any time.

Heavy starter game today. I expect on the other end of the back to back I think we will see more bench.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/28/2021  6:51 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:Jesus Christ, I don't know if I have good enough insurance coverage to watch this team.

Randle is a bully and I love it. Great match up against Sabonis tonight.

RJ with a great 33 1/2 minutes of game time! But you lose all good will when you choke at the line like that.

Concerned about the minutes tonight - Taj goes down and Obi only played 6 minutes? Don't break Noel, we still need him! Would have liked to see Quickley play longer too.

Crowd needs to cool it with the MVP chants. We've had 3 different players get it already. I bet they say "I love you" on the first date too.

But back to .500!

Let the crowd be happy! They might as well be chanting for themselves, as they are MVPs for being brave and going to games during this situation. I wish I was there.

And the players usage? That’s a battle nobody will win with Thibs. He won’t change. Unless the rookies have perfect games out there, he will leave them on the bench and abuse his veterans. It is what it is.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
2/28/2021  6:51 AM
Sambakick wrote:The 5 Atlantic division teams are all in the Top 6 teams of the conference.

THAT is crazy

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
2/28/2021  6:58 AM
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

You have already enrolled in the Church of Thibs, I see.

There would have to be a point where you realize you don’t have many players and you have some with limits, like Rose. He has been playing limited minutes and been mostly effective out there. IQ can shine for 5 plays, make a turnover and he is out? And Rose can be sloppy for a whole quarter and look gassed in the process and he stays? With your third PG in street clothes? Thibs will be stubborn, but that will never make him right.

There are many ways to win with talented players. He is sticking with winning with veterans. Rookies will only play if they are perfect out there, and that’s sometimes unfair to them and also to a team that suddenly is struggling with injuries.

But no reason works on this church, I guess.

Knicks_Fan
joec32033
USA
2/28/2021  7:54 AM
Panos wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

??
He took 2 shots in 11 mins?

He normally takes no shots in that time. In 11 minutes he took 2 shots made a three and got to the line for 2. Frank has skill. I but as I said before, I think he is locking himself up and he is the guy that always gets hurt. Honestly, he just came back and is playing well. I know I am worrying when that groin is going to act up and he to sit.

He would be a great 3 and D off the bench guy because I honestly think the dude can play 3 positions with his size at at least a very good role player level. He always has a shot but never would show it and can lockdown on D. If it came down to it he is could be a more valuable piece than Knox.

joec32033
USA
2/28/2021  8:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2021  8:13 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

You have already enrolled in the Church of Thibs, I see.

There would have to be a point where you realize you don’t have many players and you have some with limits, like Rose. He has been playing limited minutes and been mostly effective out there. IQ can shine for 5 plays, make a turnover and he is out? And Rose can be sloppy for a whole quarter and look gassed in the process and he stays? With your third PG in street clothes? Thibs will be stubborn, but that will never make him right.

There are many ways to win with talented players. He is sticking with winning with veterans. Rookies will only play if they are perfect out there, and that’s sometimes unfair to them and also to a team that suddenly is struggling with injuries.

But no reason works on this church, I guess.

Has nothing to do with Thibs. I agree with the way he is doing things. It's an old school way and I am just an old school guy when it comes to certain things.

It is a move that makes sense. That game was a game they have been chasing for weeks and couldn't close out. My guess is tonight you will see alot of Quick, and an average to below average minute level from Rose.

No matter what we all think, Quick is a rookie. Part of the reason his advanced stats are so high IS the situation he is in and how he is being played. This is not a guy like Haliburton where he is pretty much the 2nd best player on the team a team going nowhere. He isn't as consistent and he has moments where he plays out of control.

You act like Thibs is the ONLY coach who develops players like this. News flash, he isn't. It is an old school way to make your players EARN their time and to pull guys when they make mistakes, but his way so far hasn't been so bad for any of our young players (the ONLY consistent one in respect you know what you are getting from him every night is Mitch).and then he lost him and took a team that was supposed to be in the running for the #1 pick to tied for #4 in the east!

He ain't perfect by a long shot, but what he is doing is working.

martin
USA
2/28/2021  11:23 AM
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Fair enough, I thought it was something but I didn't recall

martin
USA
2/28/2021  11:25 AM
martin
USA
2/28/2021  11:26 AM
martin
USA
2/28/2021  11:26 AM
THREAD, good stuff here

joec32033
USA
2/28/2021  2:25 PM
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Fair enough, I thought it was something but I didn't recall

Yeah. The first was that weird shot where he faked it and dropped it and couldn't touch it. Then I think it was the next possession it was an offensive foul. Not sure bit I know he turned it over twice.

GameThread: Knicks host Indiana, 8pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy