2/25/2021  11:27 AM
Do we know how healthy Frank is?
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2021  11:28 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Do we know how healthy Frank is?

Is he still even on the team?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
xblvdels3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8868

2/25/2021  12:28 PM
PassTheBall wrote:
xblvdels3 wrote:I believe rose will start.

But this is the perfect opportunity to give Frank his last and 4th shot lol

I give Knox 2 more chances. Higher upside possible.

But if Frank can show he can knock down a 3 and play defense he could replace bullock

Frank has already proven that. Even in the last game he played for us he proved that.

I know. I saw it. Surprised he hasn’t gotten more of a chance unless he told them he wants to be a pg only and not 3D

PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
2/25/2021  12:35 PM
fishmike wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Rose will start. Fox will run circles around him. Frank will rot on the bench

This. Thibs is unreasonably stubborn and loves Rose more than he should at this point in his career. Hopefully he doesn’t play Rose for 30 mins.

you mean "hopefully Thibs doesnt start and play the best PG on his roster" because what sense would that make if you are trying to win a game and move up in the standings.

Is Thibs unreasonably stubborn or do you and Thibs simply have different goals?

What are you talking about? I’m ok with Rose starting. I just don’t want him playing more than 30 mins and ideally not more than 25. That leaves plenty of mins for IQ, Frank or Rivers.

/PassTheBall
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
2/25/2021  12:39 PM
xblvdels3 wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:
xblvdels3 wrote:I believe rose will start.

But this is the perfect opportunity to give Frank his last and 4th shot lol

I give Knox 2 more chances. Higher upside possible.

But if Frank can show he can knock down a 3 and play defense he could replace bullock

Frank has already proven that. Even in the last game he played for us he proved that.

I know. I saw it. Surprised he hasn’t gotten more of a chance unless he told them he wants to be a pg only and not 3D

I’m also sure there is a Frank interview early this year saying he would welcome any role the coach assigns him. Anyway enough about Frank, I’m just looking forward to who we get for him at this point.

/PassTheBall
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/25/2021  1:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TheGame wrote:I think Thibbs will start Rose. However, I think we would be better off if he started IQ. If the goal is to see if IQ can be the starter next year, they might as well start testing that out now and starting him would be a good way of getting him out of his 2 game funk. I don't think he plays as well off Rose as he did Rivers because Rose dominates the ball more, which limits Quickley's opportunities, and then he forces up shots (and misses them).

In what sport do they start a player that's struggling, especially a rookie, unless winning is a 2nd or 3rd option...You would lose the locker room in a heartbeat

What are you talking about?! They have been boosting up Quickley all season. Why would Thibbs lose the team by starting Quickley now. If they see him as the PG of the future then why wouldn’t you start him. Again, I think they will start Rose but I think longterm they would be better off starting Quickley and testing where he is at and how he fares in a starting role.

Trust the Process
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2021  1:34 PM
PassTheBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Rose will start. Fox will run circles around him. Frank will rot on the bench

This. Thibs is unreasonably stubborn and loves Rose more than he should at this point in his career. Hopefully he doesn’t play Rose for 30 mins.

you mean "hopefully Thibs doesnt start and play the best PG on his roster" because what sense would that make if you are trying to win a game and move up in the standings.

Is Thibs unreasonably stubborn or do you and Thibs simply have different goals?

What are you talking about? I’m ok with Rose starting. I just don’t want him playing more than 30 mins and ideally not more than 25. That leaves plenty of mins for IQ, Frank or Rivers.

you didnt seem too enthused by the bold above, and how does playing his best PG for 30 mins make him unreasonably stubborn? Which guard is giving us the best chance to win? Im not giving Thibs a blind pass but pretty sure he's gonna get that one right.

If you asked me in the offseason the LAST things I would want to have seen were a Thibs/Rose reunion while Frank sits and DSjr is traded. Yet here we are and once again Frank is shown to be totally unable to stay on the court. He was getting the same looks everyone else was to start the year, had a great game in the Milw win, followed it with a good effort and sprained his knee, see ya for 6+ weeks. IF you are coaching thats impossible to work with.

I would love to see Frank stick around and see if we can ever get him healthy. Just be a 3&D bench guy who play some backup PG. Go carve out a Marcus Smart role. Guy cant get on the floor

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
foosballnick
Member: #3148

2/25/2021  2:29 PM
If Payton is out.....

Rose will start, Quivers will see significant minutes.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/25/2021  2:36 PM
Hopefully Frank gets some minutes and don't let go.
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/25/2021  4:30 PM
last couple of games i have definitely had big questions about Payton. it looked like he wouldn't or couldn't get over screens. Was constantly losing his man when off ball.

maybe it was because he was hurt???

(5)(5)
fwk00
Member: #6048

2/25/2021  4:56 PM

I agree. Thibs has written Ntilikina off. No question.

As a Frankie fan I'd prefer a quick trade so that Ntilikina has an opportunity to play somewhere else.

In a number of recent losses I've watched in horror as the opponent's best scorer has absolutely ripped the Knicks knowing full well Ntilikina would have shut them down.

I have no problem that players earned their right to take Frankie's place while he was hurt but by the same token they sure as hell haven't played well enough to have an season long lock on mediocre positional play.

martin
USA
2/25/2021  5:22 PM
If Payton out, Rivers will start. That's my call.
martin
USA
2/25/2021  6:10 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/25/2021  6:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2021  6:33 PM
fwk00 wrote:

I agree. Thibs has written Ntilikina off. No question.

As a Frankie fan I'd prefer a quick trade so that Ntilikina has an opportunity to play somewhere else.

In a number of recent losses I've watched in horror as the opponent's best scorer has absolutely ripped the Knicks knowing full well Ntilikina would have shut them down.

I have no problem that players earned their right to take Frankie's place while he was hurt but by the same token they sure as hell haven't played well enough to have an season long lock on mediocre positional play.

Id like to see Frank get some minutes, make a case for himself in NY while there's time. Whatever calculation Thibs and the FO have made. Im guessing its more about Frank's inability to stay on the court, than anything else. Dont believe they're confident that things are going to change in the near future. Might be why they've given Frank extra time to heal. Beyond what we would see for most other players.

If the Knicks showcase Frank or gave him a shot at the rotation, and gets hurt again. He's going to have rock bottom trade value. Teams will be scared off. The time off might be to make Frank easier to trade, maybe as part of a package.

Will be pleased, but surprised if Frank gets some PT before the trade deadline.

martin
USA
2/25/2021  6:41 PM
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/25/2021  6:47 PM
PassTheBall wrote:

That's a guarantee pretty much
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
martin
USA
2/25/2021  7:02 PM
ScoreBot
2/25/2021  7:44 PM
Q1 10:33
NYK 2 SAC 3
ScoreBot
2/25/2021  7:46 PM
Q1 9:21
NYK 7 SAC 5
ScoreBot
2/25/2021  7:48 PM
Q1 7:26
NYK 13 SAC 8
GameThread: Payton Out? Moment of Truth. Knicks host Sac, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy