Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/26/2021  1:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Rose got us off to a great start. Understand the need to start him for the time being. Dont see him as a good fit with RJ. Repeatedly waved him off when he called for the ball. Would not pass to him unless he was wide open. RJ can play bully ball with the best of them. Not doing this with the other starters.

Quickley and RJ seem to play better without Rose. Wonder if the numbers back that up? Quickley came out of his slump as soon as Rose became the starter.

Quickley is more comfortable with the ball in his hands. I like the idea of Quickley leading the 2nd unit without Rose because not only did open up the game for Quick, but it also opened up the game for Burks. Burks said as much in the post game interview when he mentioned that the ball movement was better. Rose and Quick are not gun-shy and it may be for the best for both to play on separate units.

Which leads to the obvious. Payton needs to be traded asap. He has the worse -/+ on the team and struggles in 2 of the 3 areas the Knicks are trying to accomplish on the offensive end. The Knicks want to attack the rim, get to the line and knock down free throws and and knock down some 3's. Payton gets the rim, but rarely gets to the line and is atrocious from 3.

http://You complain about Rose not passing to RJ (Actually he set him up for a couple of open 3's when he drove and kicked it out to him), but Payton is a culprit as well. Payton has tunnel vision when he drives to the basket as he never passes. I'm not saying Rose is the answer, but he's a better option than Payton.

As I wrote, Rose would only pass when RJ was wide open. One errant pass was a bail out,got up on the air. I already mentioned those 3s. What Rose did, (which I believe is counter-productive) is he's trying to turn RJ strictly into a spot up shooter. Would not let Barrett go one on one.

Rose is playing well. But Im not up for him trying to be a one man backcourt. RJ kept calling for the ball, was repeatedly waived off. He let other teammates take their defender off the dribble. Not RJ. If he sucked at it, I would understand. Its early but I see something worth keeping an eye on.

Payton is playing well enough to keep the starting job. He isnt costing us games. His defense is helping make us the number one D in the league. Will that be the case if Rose remains the starter?

Im for an upgrade, not anyone on this roster. I dont feel the sense of urgency in benching Payton Quickley might be better suited as a 6th man.

As I mentioned, I don't think Rose is the long term answer at pg, but he's a better answer than Payton. Frank can more than make up for the defensive attribute that Payton brings to the table.

As much of a ball hog as you claim Rose to be, he's actually averaging more assist than Payton since he joined while averaging less mins. Over the last 10 games, Payton has taken more shots than RJ in 6 of those games and they were tied with 11 shots each in one of the other games. Payton rarely, if ever passes his teammates open. What is Payton doing to make RJ a better offensive player? Seems to me, Payton's recent play is a benefit to himself more than it is to his teammates. Like I said before, he has the worse -/+ on the team.

The main reason I like Rose with the starters is he is a better outside threat which opens up the lane more than it is with Payton and Rose pushes the pace. The starters played with some offensive urgency for a change. Payton plays with the pace of a sloth.

We are number 1 in points allowed. We play good defense, but one of the reasons we are able to keep the opponents points per game numbers down is because we play at such a slow pace. Injecting Rose in the starting line-up will quicken the pace, which may lead to more pts per game by our opponents because the possessions per game will increase. It wont take away from our defense, imo. Plus, with Payton out of the rotation, Frank will be in.

Never said Rose was a ball hog, repeatedly have said that Rose was playing good to great ball. Would not say that, if I felt he was being a ball hog. My comments were specifically about his decision making when it comes to RJ. RJ can drive on almost anyone in the league, its quite remarkable. Not something I want Rose to put on the backburner.

If its only Rose encouraging RJ to mix up his game a little more, great. Otherwise I think its a real bad idea. What MDA tried to do to Melo (in his prime) turn him into a spot up shooter. Didnt work well. Like to see Rose play to Barrett's strength.

Im not denying Rose is a better option as a starter. I believe some posters are forgetting Rose's injury history, and the need to keep him as physically ready as possible for a playoff run. Dont believe starting Rose against other starting units is going to help achieve that goal, Rose is going to have to work even harder.

Im counting on Thibs giving Rose an important role in the playoffs (if we make it) dont want him to be spent when that time comes.

If RJ turns into a spot up shooter playing along side Rose (which I highly doubt will happen) that will be a Thibs issue to fix, not Rose. Keep in Mind, the Melo situation was apart of the MDA offensive philosophy. No evidence of that happening under Thibs watch. In fact, there are times during each game where we see RJ running PNR.

Agreed about keeping Rose's minutes down, somewhere between 25-28. Quickley can soak up 20-23 mins a night. Randle initiates the offense occasionally and we also have Frank. Plenty of opportunities for Rose to rest, on and off the court.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/26/2021  1:42 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Rose got us off to a great start. Understand the need to start him for the time being. Dont see him as a good fit with RJ. Repeatedly waved him off when he called for the ball. Would not pass to him unless he was wide open. RJ can play bully ball with the best of them. Not doing this with the other starters.

Quickley and RJ seem to play better without Rose. Wonder if the numbers back that up? Quickley came out of his slump as soon as Rose became the starter.

Quickley is more comfortable with the ball in his hands. I like the idea of Quickley leading the 2nd unit without Rose because not only did open up the game for Quick, but it also opened up the game for Burks. Burks said as much in the post game interview when he mentioned that the ball movement was better. Rose and Quick are not gun-shy and it may be for the best for both to play on separate units.

Which leads to the obvious. Payton needs to be traded asap. He has the worse -/+ on the team and struggles in 2 of the 3 areas the Knicks are trying to accomplish on the offensive end. The Knicks want to attack the rim, get to the line and knock down free throws and and knock down some 3's. Payton gets the rim, but rarely gets to the line and is atrocious from 3.

http://You complain about Rose not passing to RJ (Actually he set him up for a couple of open 3's when he drove and kicked it out to him), but Payton is a culprit as well. Payton has tunnel vision when he drives to the basket as he never passes. I'm not saying Rose is the answer, but he's a better option than Payton.

As I wrote, Rose would only pass when RJ was wide open. One errant pass was a bail out,got up on the air. I already mentioned those 3s. What Rose did, (which I believe is counter-productive) is he's trying to turn RJ strictly into a spot up shooter. Would not let Barrett go one on one.

Rose is playing well. But Im not up for him trying to be a one man backcourt. RJ kept calling for the ball, was repeatedly waived off. He let other teammates take their defender off the dribble. Not RJ. If he sucked at it, I would understand. Its early but I see something worth keeping an eye on.

Payton is playing well enough to keep the starting job. He isnt costing us games. His defense is helping make us the number one D in the league. Will that be the case if Rose remains the starter?

Im for an upgrade, not anyone on this roster. I dont feel the sense of urgency in benching Payton Quickley might be better suited as a 6th man.

As I mentioned, I don't think Rose is the long term answer at pg, but he's a better answer than Payton. Frank can more than make up for the defensive attribute that Payton brings to the table.

As much of a ball hog as you claim Rose to be, he's actually averaging more assist than Payton since he joined while averaging less mins. Over the last 10 games, Payton has taken more shots than RJ in 6 of those games and they were tied with 11 shots each in one of the other games. Payton rarely, if ever passes his teammates open. What is Payton doing to make RJ a better offensive player? Seems to me, Payton's recent play is a benefit to himself more than it is to his teammates. Like I said before, he has the worse -/+ on the team.

The main reason I like Rose with the starters is he is a better outside threat which opens up the lane more than it is with Payton and Rose pushes the pace. The starters played with some offensive urgency for a change. Payton plays with the pace of a sloth.

We are number 1 in points allowed. We play good defense, but one of the reasons we are able to keep the opponents points per game numbers down is because we play at such a slow pace. Injecting Rose in the starting line-up will quicken the pace, which may lead to more pts per game by our opponents because the possessions per game will increase. It wont take away from our defense, imo. Plus, with Payton out of the rotation, Frank will be in.

Never said Rose was a ball hog, repeatedly have said that Rose was playing good to great ball. Would not say that, if I felt he was being a ball hog. My comments were specifically about his decision making when it comes to RJ. RJ can drive on almost anyone in the league, its quite remarkable. Not something I want Rose to put on the backburner.

If its only Rose encouraging RJ to mix up his game a little more, great. Otherwise I think its a real bad idea. What MDA tried to do to Melo (in his prime) turn him into a spot up shooter. Didnt work well. Like to see Rose play to Barrett's strength.

Im not denying Rose is a better option as a starter. I believe some posters are forgetting Rose's injury history, and the need to keep him as physically ready as possible for a playoff run. Dont believe starting Rose against other starting units is going to help achieve that goal, Rose is going to have to work even harder.

Im counting on Thibs giving Rose an important role in the playoffs (if we make it) dont want him to be spent when that time comes.

If RJ turns into a spot up shooter playing along side Rose (which I highly doubt will happen) that will be a Thibs issue to fix, not Rose. Keep in Mind, the Melo situation was apart of the MDA offensive philosophy. No evidence of that happening under Thibs watch. In fact, there are times during each game where we see RJ running PNR.

Agreed about keeping Rose's minutes down, somewhere between 25-28. Quickley can soak up 20-23 mins a night. Randle initiates the offense occasionally and we also have Frank. Plenty of opportunities for Rose to rest, on and off the court.

It will be a Rose issue if this isnt coming from Thibs. MDA failed in NY because he waited too long (seasons) to tailor his offense to the roster, and their talents. It was also a transparent way of marginalizing Melo.

Melo did hold on to the ball too long. What D'Antoni should have worked on was getting Melo to shave off a few dribbles per posession. Faster on the draw, so to speak. Why no one complained about "ISO Duncan".

Its not just the minutes, its the level of competition. Defending starters, driving on starters, its more taxing. Rose is the kind of a player you want to see taxed as little as possible, during the regular season.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2021  1:47 PM
[IMG_block] https://i.ibb.co/gDPBc27/5889-E5-F5-485-E-49-F6-B87-B-ACCAEF959963.png [/IMG_block]
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2021  1:54 PM
haha I just love this guy

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/26/2021  3:49 PM
that amazing. That guy is really funny

Knick beat the Pacers Sat night I believe the are in 4th place. I think 4/5 is a really good spot. Hopefully we got hot late, Embiid turns an ankle and we are in the finals

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/26/2021  3:58 PM
GameThread: Payton Out? Moment of Truth. Knicks host Sac, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy