[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Payton Out? Moment of Truth. Knicks host Sac, 730
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/25/2021  5:23 AM
So, Payton has been dealing with hamstring issues and is doubtful for the game.

If he is out, WHO WILL BE THE STARTER?

Would make sense to start Quickley, because he’s been here longer and should be the next in line after Payton.

BUT

Rose has been the first PG off the bench and has been getting most minutes. SO, it wouldn’t shock me if Rose started and that would be very telling in the “Thibs doesn’t play youth” argument.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/25/2021  6:25 AM
HE could start frank or Rivers and keep the IQ/Rose paring and let the momentum player finish with RJ of the two.
MOviung Rose or IQ to starting and then Frank/rivers with Rose messes two line ups. Either way IQ will get more minutes. The other two have not played much and will get a quick hook of not playing well.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

2/25/2021  7:05 AM
Rose will start. Fox will run circles around him. Frank will rot on the bench
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/25/2021  7:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2021  7:12 AM
The most experienced starter on the roster is Rose. I think he starts but stays around 24 minutes. The question for me is if a healthy Frank will get another audition here. The pairing of Frank and IQ could be interesting with both sharing the PG duties. Anyway, that’s what I would like to see.
xblvdels3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8868

2/25/2021  7:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2021  7:30 AM
I believe rose will start.

But this is the perfect opportunity to give Frank his last and 4th shot lol

I give Knox 2 more chances. Higher upside possible.

But if Frank can show he can knock down a 3 and play defense he could replace bullock

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/25/2021  7:29 AM
The basketball gods have saved us

No way can I see Frank go from moth balls to starting lineup. If anything, Rose will start, and we will go back to the Quivers show off the bench.

xblvdels3
Member: #8868

2/25/2021  7:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2021  7:42 AM
Uptown wrote:The basketball gods have saved us

No way can I see Frank go from moth balls to starting lineup. If anything, Rose will start, and we will go back to the Quivers show off the bench.

As far as winning goes quivers probably gives us the best chance.

But Frank needs 1 more opportunity imo

Rose def starts if you want a chance to win.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/25/2021  7:56 AM
xblvdels3 wrote:

My lineup prediction is based in what I think Thibs will do....not necessarily what I would do. If it were up to me, Rose wouldn't be here in the 1st place but that's another story...

PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
2/25/2021  8:01 AM
Philc1 wrote:Rose will start. Fox will run circles around him. Frank will rot on the bench

This. Thibs is unreasonably stubborn and loves Rose more than he should at this point in his career. Hopefully he doesn’t play Rose for 30 mins.

/PassTheBall
PassTheBall
Norway
2/25/2021  8:05 AM
xblvdels3 wrote:I believe rose will start.

But this is the perfect opportunity to give Frank his last and 4th shot lol

I give Knox 2 more chances. Higher upside possible.

But if Frank can show he can knock down a 3 and play defense he could replace bullock

Frank has already proven that. Even in the last game he played for us he proved that.

/PassTheBall
PassTheBall
Norway
2/25/2021  8:09 AM
xblvdels3 wrote:

Quivers isn’t a thing anymore.

/PassTheBall
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2021  8:11 AM
Iq in his last 3 games is 3/22 with 2 assists. He’s had one good game in his last 6-7. Why on earth would anyone think he earned an nba start?
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2021  8:11 AM
PassTheBall wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Rose will start. Fox will run circles around him. Frank will rot on the bench

This. Thibs is unreasonably stubborn and loves Rose more than he should at this point in his career. Hopefully he doesn’t play Rose for 30 mins.

you mean "hopefully Thibs doesnt start and play the best PG on his roster" because what sense would that make if you are trying to win a game and move up in the standings.

Is Thibs unreasonably stubborn or do you and Thibs simply have different goals?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/25/2021  8:15 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Iq in his last 3 games is 3/22 with 2 assists. He’s had one good game in his last 6-7. Why on earth would anyone think he earned an nba start?

Yeah that running floater is floating in anymore, and he's 3's have been hesitant, I'm hoping he gets it together.

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/25/2021  8:21 AM
Rose will probably start but Thibs should cut the rotation to 9. Bringing Quickley, Burks, Toppin and Noel off the bench only. Adding back in a cold Rivers or Knox does nothing. Just play the best 9 and give them increased minutes.
Nalod
USA
2/25/2021  9:50 AM
All star break is the last stretch for teams to implement new schemes and perhaps lineups.
I can’t predict what will happen only that the experiment window closes after that.
As for the Payton out its not about who starts but who finishes.
My take on IQ is they are adding layers to his toolbox and like most rookies it messes them up a bit. Less instinct and more cerebral. Same perhaps for RJ. This is how its gone for him since he came in. He looks lost, then surges, they add more to his game, he takes a step back then acclimates. Typical young player cycle. Not sure why some of you are so knee jerk reactive about this.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/25/2021  9:56 AM
I think Thibbs will start Rose. However, I think we would be better off if he started IQ. If the goal is to see if IQ can be the starter next year, they might as well start testing that out now and starting him would be a good way of getting him out of his 2 game funk. I don't think he plays as well off Rose as he did Rivers because Rose dominates the ball more, which limits Quickley's opportunities, and then he forces up shots (and misses them).
Trust the Process
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/25/2021  10:18 AM
Knicksfan wrote:So, Payton has been dealing with hamstring issues and is doubtful for the game.

Would make sense to start Quickley, because he’s been here longer and should be the next in line after Payton.

BUT

Rose has been the first PG off the bench and has been getting most minutes. SO, it wouldn’t shock me if Rose started and that would be very telling in the “Thibs doesn’t play youth” argument.

Yeah, it would be very telling if RJ and Mitch hadn't been starting the whole season.

Agreed though, Rose is Thibs newest returning love of his life. Doubt anyone else, yoot or otherwise, gets the start. And sorry Nalod, I doubt Frankie even sniffs anything but garbage time, if there is any.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/25/2021  10:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2021  10:22 AM
TheGame wrote:I think Thibbs will start Rose. However, I think we would be better off if he started IQ. If the goal is to see if IQ can be the starter next year, they might as well start testing that out now and starting him would be a good way of getting him out of his 2 game funk. I don't think he plays as well off Rose as he did Rivers because Rose dominates the ball more, which limits Quickley's opportunities, and then he forces up shots (and misses them).

In what sport do they start a player that's struggling, especially a rookie, unless winning is a 2nd or 3rd option...You would lose the locker room in a heartbeat

ES
Nalod
USA
2/25/2021  11:17 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:So, Payton has been dealing with hamstring issues and is doubtful for the game.

BUT

Yeah, it would be very telling if RJ and Mitch hadn't been starting the whole season.

Agreed though, Rose is Thibs newest returning love of his life. Doubt anyone else, yoot or otherwise, gets the start. And sorry Nalod, I doubt Frankie even sniffs anything but garbage time, if there is any.

Don’t be sorry. Like I said it was about messing with lineups. Its logic that Rose gets the start but he looks statistically fatigued and do you want him at the end of the game or start. start Quick and and we disrupt the second unit. So we either mess up both units or enhance. So its why you perhaps just put Rivers or Frank in the starting lineup. Rose and RJ have been finishing.
While that has not been great, it was the plan and perhaps Thibs was hoping that would be best.
I know we all know better than him.

GameThread: Payton Out? Moment of Truth. Knicks host Sac, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy