[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is there another level for Randle to reach?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/24/2021  8:13 AM
First off, if Randle is this exact player for the next 5 years followed by a very smooth decline than sign me up.

That being said, Randle just turned 26 which is on the older side of first time all-stars, but still an age where star players are generally coming into their primes (and remain at that level for the remainder of their 20s.) Randle is a hard worker and seems to have the leadership and ownership required to be a franchise player. He welcomed criticism and responded by coming back as an elite player. Myself and so many others were dead wrong about him. I'm happy to say that.

All things considered, Randle has always been able to score but the improvements in 3pt shooting, ft shooting, and passing out of double teams has made him elite on offense. And his defense went from bad to someone in the level of average and impactful which is great coming from your best offensive player. I think the defense separates him from guys like Sabonis and Vucevic in terms of overall impact on winning. You can even make the argument that Randle is moving towards top-25 players in the league territory.

With all that being said, what is Randle's next level/ceiling? What prevents him from being a #1 option on a playoff team and franchise player? What does he need to go from all-star to superstar? And how confident are you that he can get there? My opinion is given that he just turned 26, he has time to get to the next level and turn into a superstar by 28-29, but what he needs to get there is the question.

AUTOADVERT
xblvdels3
Member: #8868

2/24/2021  8:43 AM
Knixkik wrote:First off, if Randle is this exact player for the next 5 years followed by a very smooth decline than sign me up.

That being said, Randle just turned 26 which is on the older side of first time all-stars, but still an age where star players are generally coming into their primes (and remain at that level for the remainder of their 20s.) Randle is a hard worker and seems to have the leadership and ownership required to be a franchise player. He welcomed criticism and responded by coming back as an elite player. Myself and so many others were dead wrong about him. I'm happy to say that.

All things considered, Randle has always been able to score but the improvements in 3pt shooting, ft shooting, and passing out of double teams has made him elite on offense. And his defense went from bad to someone in the level of average and impactful which is great coming from your best offensive player. I think the defense separates him from guys like Sabonis and Vucevic in terms of overall impact on winning. You can even make the argument that Randle is moving towards top-25 players in the league territory.

With all that being said, what is Randle's next level/ceiling? What prevents him from being a #1 option on a playoff team and franchise player? What does he need to go from all-star to superstar? And how confident are you that he can get there? My opinion is given that he just turned 26, he has time to get to the next level and turn into a superstar by 28-29, but what he needs to get there is the question.

Yes superstar. Average close to 27 a game and lead your team to a finals.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2021  8:51 AM
I had like many pegged Randle (Lakers version) as a PF who would get bigger. Not this more nimble lean dude. Last year Randle was a bull, now he his footwork is so much better he dances around players more. He is a great point forward.
If there is any consideration for Bucks to get an allstar in return for Giannis (not straight up) Randle becomes a big piece for them to consider.
Thats just one thing.
The other is how is Randle going to mesh with other talents as we get better? He is ball dominant. Can’t say we have seen him “Move well without the ball” cuz he has it so much.
These are not problems or issues, they are questions. For now I am hopeful Randle likes being here as he has thrived with this staff. He should ask for a NTC but that is likely not a thing for him, but a trade kicker is not unreasonable.

More important as depicted in a blog posted on UK page one Rose is building a player friendly environment and Dolan has not been even whispered a word to the media. The article discusses the rise of player agents in FO and how that changes things.
We have coaches that are known to elevate players careers (Bryant-Payne) and we have some savvy dudes (Zanin-Aller) with some respectable GM guys in Perry and Perrin.

xblvdels3

2/24/2021  9:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2021  9:04 AM
Nalod wrote:I had like many pegged Randle (Lakers version) as a PF who would get bigger. Not this more nimble lean dude. Last year Randle was a bull, now he his footwork is so much better he dances around players more. He is a great point forward.
If there is any consideration for Bucks to get an allstar in return for Giannis (not straight up) Randle becomes a big piece for them to consider.
Thats just one thing.
The other is how is Randle going to mesh with other talents as we get better? He is ball dominant. Can’t say we have seen him “Move well without the ball” cuz he has it so much.
These are not problems or issues, they are questions. For now I am hopeful Randle likes being here as he has thrived with this staff. He should ask for a NTC but that is likely not a thing for him, but a trade kicker is not unreasonable.

More important as depicted in a blog posted on UK page one Rose is building a player friendly environment and Dolan has not been even whispered a word to the media. The article discusses the rise of player agents in FO and how that changes things.
We have coaches that are known to elevate players careers (Bryant-Payne) and we have some savvy dudes (Zanin-Aller) with some respectable GM guys in Perry and Perrin.

He already is sharing top dog touches with RJ. But RJ is not coming through for us on a consistent basis yet. So he definitely can put up his numbers with another all star with him.

Knixkik
USA
2/24/2021  9:04 AM
Nalod wrote:I had like many pegged Randle (Lakers version) as a PF who would get bigger. Not this more nimble lean dude. Last year Randle was a bull, now he his footwork is so much better he dances around players more. He is a great point forward.
Thats just one thing.

To answer the bold, i think playing with other ball-dominate players matters less today. We see it with brooklyn now. But to go a step further, I think there's 2 factors that benefit Randle here. One is he's a great rebounder so he's always going to be a factor on the offensive boards if we someday add a real ball dominant perimeter player like a Beal or LaVine. But the more important factor is he has now become a good spot up shooter. I don't think the 41% is sustainable from 3pt, but maybe he's a 37-38% guy that has to be followed at all times when he's spotting up. I think that is a factor that makes him so much more valuable as the team looks to add talent.
Knixkik
USA
2/24/2021  9:05 AM
xblvdels3 wrote:
Thats just one thing.

He already is sharing top dog touches with RJ. But RJ is not coming through for us on a consistent basis yet. So he definitely can put up his numbers with another all star with him.

I honestly see LaVine as a very good pairing with Randle.

xblvdels3

2/24/2021  9:06 AM
Lavine or Beal when they are free agents would work well for us. Random thoughts.
xblvdels3

2/24/2021  9:06 AM
Knixkik wrote:
xblvdels3 wrote:
Thats just one thing.

I honestly see LaVine as a very good pairing with Randle.

We have the same vision I believe

xblvdels3

2/24/2021  9:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2021  9:16 AM
Randle
Barret
Robinson
Lavine
Ball

Imo

Pf Toppin
Sf
C Noel (bargain price)
Sg
Pg iq

Draft backup center
Draft a second unit bucket (wing)James bouknight cam Thomas
Draft a wing who can shoot and defend moody or kispert

xavier
Member: #8938
Croatia
2/24/2021  9:20 AM
Waiting for LaVine or Beal and bring them as free agents would be ideal, but the problem is I don’t believe the two of them will be free agents in 2022.

Beal will almost certainly not be in Washington, and that significantly changes the whole situation around him, and there is a good chance that LaVine will extend his contract before that. It’s simply a trend in the league.

Knixkik
USA
2/24/2021  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2021  9:27 AM
xblvdels3 wrote:Randle
Barret
Robinson
Lavine
Ball

Imo

Pf Toppin
Sf
C Noel (bargain price)
Sg
Pg iq

Draft backup center

Yes i completed agree with this. For next year i would love to see

C Robinson/ Noel
PF Randle/ Toppin
SF Barrett/ Kispert
SG Ball/ Bullock or Burks
PG Quickley/ Rose

As a 10-man rotation.

Eventually i'm hoping to convince LaVine to sign as a free agent and Quickley/Ball fight for the 5th starter with the other becoming 6th man to run the second unit.

C Robinson/ Noel
PF Randle/ Toppin
SF Barrett/ Kispert
SG LaVine/ Bullock or Burks or drafted player
PG Quickley/ Ball (doesn't matter which one starts)

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2021  11:12 AM
Knixkik wrote:First off, if Randle is this exact player for the next 5 years followed by a very smooth decline than sign me up.

For me, Randle went to another level DURING this season. Could be that he and team needed to feel things out over the first 20 or so games, but his consistency has been amazing.

Match that with the fact that he has zero PG to play with and zero offensive productive talent in the starting lineup, I think Randle could average 25, 10 and 8 easily.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
xblvdels3

2/24/2021  11:23 AM
Knixkik wrote:
xblvdels3 wrote:Randle
Barret
Robinson
Lavine
Ball

Imo

Pf Toppin
Sf
C Noel (bargain price)
Sg
Pg iq

Draft backup center

Yes i completed agree with this. For next year i would love to see

C Robinson/ Noel
PF Randle/ Toppin
SF Barrett/ Kispert
SG Ball/ Bullock or Burks
PG Quickley/ Rose

As a 10-man rotation.

Eventually i'm hoping to convince LaVine to sign as a free agent and Quickley/Ball fight for the 5th starter with the other becoming 6th man to run the second unit.

C Robinson/ Noel
PF Randle/ Toppin
SF Barrett/ Kispert
SG LaVine/ Bullock or Burks or drafted player
PG Quickley/ Ball (doesn't matter which one starts)

I agree

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2021  11:46 AM
martin wrote:

For me, Randle went to another level DURING this season. Could be that he and team needed to feel things out over the first 20 or so games, but his consistency has been amazing.

Match that with the fact that he has zero PG to play with and zero offensive productive talent in the starting lineup, I think Randle could average 25, 10 and 8 easily.

its his shot... its simply getting better and he's really using it well to balance attacking the basket
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
2/24/2021  11:47 AM
martin wrote:

I'm curious who you and others believe is an ideal player (realistic) to add to this team that would compliment Randle perfectly? I know he and Payton have some nice chemistry dating back to the New Orleans days, but there's players who can bring another level out of Randle in his place.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2021  11:51 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

I'm curious who you and others believe is an ideal player (realistic) to add to this team that would compliment Randle perfectly? I know he and Payton have some nice chemistry dating back to the New Orleans days, but there's players who can bring another level out of Randle in his place.

Randle plays with zero creativity at the PG, zero players who can just break their man down, and zero shooters around him. Any upgrade in those areas would be a boon.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Member: #5748

2/24/2021  12:50 PM
Definitely. Randle could get a more consistent J, get better at seeing the double team before it comes, maximize his ball handling, and so on. If he is the hard worker I think he is, I think we'll see even more of that next year. As others have said, we still don't have a proper PG so just imagine how he'll look when Kyle Lowry gets here
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
2/24/2021  7:14 PM
TPercy wrote:Definitely. Randle could get a more consistent J, get better at seeing the double team before it comes, maximize his ball handling, and so on. If he is the hard worker I think he is, I think we'll see even more of that next year. As others have said, we still don't have a proper PG so just imagine how he'll look when Kyle Lowry gets here

Lowry? Do you know something we don’t ?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/24/2021  8:54 PM

The game can continue to slow down for him. He is physically playing well. He is in great shape. He is shooting the ball well. There is another level of court awareness he can obtain. That results in making better (not more) passes to increase assist totals. It will improve his overall plus minus.

He can increase his efficiency in shot selection. He has a tendency of settling for 17 foot jumpers - which he hits at a pretty solid clip. Nothing wrong with him. But to take it to the next level, he would to push those 17 foot shots behind the 3pt line and move the 12 footers into the paint and start drawing contact. You can be a good player without this, but that would take his offense to the next level by increasing his eFG.

On defense, I have no criticisms. I would want to see him continue to work on lateral movement. Haven't really looked at his deeper defensive stats (altered shots, opponent FG%), but I imagine he is doing well there.

Otherwise, he needs to find a running mate that he can get that meta-game going with. Stockton/Malone comes to mind. Create unguardable situations. It stops being about his individual development and more about the team. Right now he is the best player on a losing team. Next step is best player on a winning team...

This is the Randle.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/24/2021  11:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2021  11:57 PM
I want to see more High Low post action, I think Ju could thrive with any of the Mitch, Obi and even sometimes Noel catching it for the finish down low. That would help against the zone too. Free throws could use a little polish and perhaps try to turn it over less( but only if he can keep his assists same or more) That last one is nitpicking really.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Is there another level for Randle to reach?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy