Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/24/2021  12:03 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Gotta love Knicks fans -- lose a close one to the Warriors and they're climbing up the GW Bridge....

Gotta love Knicks fans —- have a losing record with constant losing streaks where their lack of shooting and second threat after Randle is exposed, yet think it’s just about one game.

32 games into the season we are two games under .500 and in the 7th slot spitting distance of the 4th. Should I go bump the Expectations for the Season thread? How many had us under 15 wins for the entire season? Not to mention is it really about winning now? And what do you mean constant losing streaks?

So yeah I ain’t climbing the bridge. Nor am I expecting a championship this year. But I like this overachieving scrappy team.

Actually if you have it bookmarked, can you bump that? I was looking for that damn thread thebother day.

PS. Martin, I am beginning to think you are not really working on that search feature.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2021  12:05 PM
joec32033 wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Gotta love Knicks fans -- lose a close one to the Warriors and they're climbing up the GW Bridge....

Gotta love Knicks fans —- have a losing record with constant losing streaks where their lack of shooting and second threat after Randle is exposed, yet think it’s just about one game.

32 games into the season we are two games under .500 and in the 7th slot spitting distance of the 4th. Should I go bump the Expectations for the Season thread? How many had us under 15 wins for the entire season? Not to mention is it really about winning now? And what do you mean constant losing streaks?

So yeah I ain’t climbing the bridge. Nor am I expecting a championship this year. But I like this overachieving scrappy team.

Actually if you have it bookmarked, can you bump that? I was looking for that damn thread thebother day.

PS. Martin, I am beginning to think you are not really working on that search feature.

Well I'm not working on it but Bip is but we can't find him

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/24/2021  12:36 PM
BMart wrote:
TPercy wrote:I will say that when Bullock, Burks, and Rj are looking ran through, would it be so terrible to see KK get a 5 min run?

No that wouldn’t be a lot to ask. Thibs is not real flexible on the rotation. I thought KK should have got minutes against Minn when the offense started sputtering. Maybe Knox or Obi could give us a spark some night, Knox was leading the league 10 games in with 60% on corner 3’s.

My thoughts exactly. Gotta go deeper in the bench if things arn't working out IMO.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

2/24/2021  12:39 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Yeah losses really suck in the moment, especially in winnable games like last night but one just has to keep in mind that we weren't supposed to be in this position we are in.

The Future is Bright!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/24/2021  2:00 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

That’s great for you and anyone in the same boat. I’ve been there too except for the last weeks that I have seen us struggle with the same issues and have seen less of Quickley and Obi while we still haven’t taken every opportunity to at least reach .500. When you suddenly realize that such high mark would only mean being mediocre again while taking us out of the draft bounty, I don’t know. Not so fond of that anymore.

I loved Quickley leading the way, RJ showing he was taking the next step and Randle shutting up everyone. Since the Rose trade, and I’m not blaming him but since that move, I’ve seen less of Quick, same limited use of Obi and RJ looks like a mess 2 out of every 4 games. It’s not that exciting when compared to our need for a star young piece.

For me that will change the moment I see this team move two games over .500. But this win two, lose two, limp to the finish line for a 1st round sweep has lost its excitement when compared to finally drafting a franchise player.

Just my opinion here. Will keep loving the wins and hating the losses like the rest.

Knicks_Fan
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/24/2021  2:29 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

That’s great for you and anyone in the same boat. I’ve been there too except for the last weeks that I have seen us struggle with the same issues and have seen less of Quickley and Obi while we still haven’t taken every opportunity to at least reach .500. When you suddenly realize that such high mark would only mean being mediocre again while taking us out of the draft bounty, I don’t know. Not so fond of that anymore.

I loved Quickley leading the way, RJ showing he was taking the next step and Randle shutting up everyone. Since the Rose trade, and I’m not blaming him but since that move, I’ve seen less of Quick, same limited use of Obi and RJ looks like a mess 2 out of every 4 games. It’s not that exciting when compared to our need for a star young piece.

For me that will change the moment I see this team move two games over .500. But this win two, lose two, limp to the finish line for a 1st round sweep has lost its excitement when compared to finally drafting a franchise player.

Just my opinion here. Will keep loving the wins and hating the losses like the rest.

I agree. To be honest, we're still a bad team. Sure, this team is like the championship Bulls compared to the last couple of years. But it's still a team stuck in mediocrity and there's no guarantee they make the playoffs. Yes, I understand some you here want to see some playoff action. But this team's best possible outcome is a first-round exit. First round exits, to me are like 49 degree days. No one gives a f*#k about. I'd rather get that high lottery pick.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/24/2021  4:56 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

Well yeah same!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2021  5:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

I agree. To be honest, we're still a bad team. Sure, this team is like the championship Bulls compared to the last couple of years. But it's still a team stuck in mediocrity and there's no guarantee they make the playoffs. Yes, I understand some you here want to see some playoff action. But this team's best possible outcome is a first-round exit. First round exits, to me are like 49 degree days. No one gives a f*#k about. I'd rather get that high lottery pick.

None of that is true except the mediocre part. I get why you FEEL that way about the lottery pick but thats not how growth works.

Also the team's best possible outcome is certainly better than a first round exit. Obviously I would be foolish to say we are beating BK/Phi/Milw in a first round matchup. But we are 1 game out of 5th and 1.5 games out of 4th with a pretty friendly schedule ahead, at least for awhile. You are telling me we couldnt hang with Indy or Boston in a 4/5 series?

Either way all these guys deserve the shot at it man... thats what they play for. You want another lottery pick because like every Knick fan you are desperate to be rescued! Cade might do it or give us the hope we so crave.... but likely this team is too good and that is not a problem, its a positive.

Mitch/Randle/IQ are clearly foundation guys for us and getting them in the playoffs at age 20-22 is the right way to start. Not to mention they are all getting better.

Only reason I didnt put Obi in there (I am 100% still high on him, he's gonna be great) is Randle's emergence might make Obi a casualty in acquiring another piece.

Look how much has changed in 30 games vs. how you felt about these players and this roster in the offseason. Gotta give this thing time to keep cookin, and there will be warts along the way. If we dont make the playoffs so be it. This is not Melo/Chander/Amare with no pipeline pretending to belong. We know we dont belong. Nobody invites you to that party... you gotta kick that door down

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/24/2021  5:24 PM
What would Lonzo do?

Could have used his 3pt shooting. Payton had a good game, so its not on him. But we do need more 3pt offense.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2021  5:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:What would Lonzo do?

Could have used his 3pt shooting. Payton had a good game, so its not on him. But we do need more 3pt offense.

Lonzo would be an upgrade but at what cost and what commitment? He's not very good. Better than ELF but still not very good. I dont not believe his current shooting is sustainable either. Reminds me of Langston Galloway hitting every 3 for a good month
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2021  7:37 PM
fishmike wrote:

Lonzo would be an upgrade but at what cost and what commitment? He's not very good. Better than ELF but still not very good. I dont not believe his current shooting is sustainable either. Reminds me of Langston Galloway hitting every 3 for a good month

Lonzo shot 37% from 3 last year and is currently shooting 39 % this year...He's working with Fred Vinson, one of the best shooting coaches in the league, and his numbers are trending in the right way over a near 2 year span. I think it's definitely sustainable.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/24/2021  8:49 PM
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Lonzo shot 37% from 3 last year and is currently shooting 39 % this year...He's working with Fred Vinson, one of the best shooting coaches in the league, and his numbers are trending in the right way over a near 2 year span. I think it's definitely sustainable.

Can we arrange a meeting between Fred and RJ?

Knicks_Fan
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2021  9:45 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Can we arrange a meeting between Fred and RJ?

GameThread: All Star announcement night as Knicks host GS with fans, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy