GameThread: All Star announcement night as Knicks host GS with fans, 730
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/23/2021  10:03 PM
The New York Teases

Getting ready to make the playoffs and be swept in the first round in a year with many franchise players. This franchise, man... Last time I tune in with a chance to be .500. Wake me up when they decide to stop being losers.

So mad at this loss.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
2/23/2021  10:04 PM
FINAL
NYK 106 GSW 114
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2021  10:04 PM
Thibs got a huge face or a child’s mask? Thing is screaming to get off his face!
Knicksfan
USA
2/23/2021  10:07 PM
At least our future is secure as we are doing an excellent job developing our rooks. Thirteen amazing minutes for Obi and Quickley. Uff, and we were scared Quicks’ time would be cut because of Rose, who just got a little 27 minutes. So glad Thibs has changed and is trusting the rooks more. So happy we aren’t jeopardizing their development for a mediocre record that seems will never go above .500.

Yeah, so exciting.

Knicks_Fan
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2021  10:08 PM
It’s tough to watch with Barrett and quickley not being factors today. We need them to play well to win
Knicksfan
USA
2/23/2021  10:08 PM
Nalod wrote:Thibs got a huge face or a child’s mask? Thing is screaming to get off his face!

Same story since game one. I guess he is as stubborn about his love for veterans as he is about masks that don’t fit him.

Knicks_Fan
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/23/2021  10:10 PM
Awful game. The only good thing about it is a west team got a win.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knicksfan
USA
2/23/2021  10:11 PM
At least Mavs might lose...

Scratch that, this was a pathetic basketball night except for Randle.

Knicks_Fan
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/23/2021  10:56 PM
Gotta love Knicks fans -- lose a close one to the Warriors and they're climbing up the GW Bridge....
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/23/2021  10:58 PM
Knicksfan wrote:At least Mavs might lose...

Scratch that, this was a pathetic basketball night except for Randle.

Nope. Mavs have been winning without KP.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/23/2021  11:20 PM
I will say that when Bullock, Burks, and Rj are looking ran through, would it be so terrible to see KK get a 5 min run?
The Future is Bright!
BMart
Member: #8928

2/23/2021  11:42 PM
TPercy wrote:I will say that when Bullock, Burks, and Rj are looking ran through, would it be so terrible to see KK get a 5 min run?

No that wouldn’t be a lot to ask. Thibs is not real flexible on the rotation. I thought KK should have got minutes against Minn when the offense started sputtering. Maybe Knox or Obi could give us a spark some night, Knox was leading the league 10 games in with 60% on corner 3’s.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/24/2021  2:14 AM
Cade Cade Cade!!!
Knicksfan
USA
2/24/2021  4:09 AM
KnickDanger wrote:Gotta love Knicks fans -- lose a close one to the Warriors and they're climbing up the GW Bridge....

Gotta love Knicks fans —- have a losing record with constant losing streaks where their lack of shooting and second threat after Randle is exposed, yet think it’s just about one game.

Knicks_Fan
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/24/2021  8:34 AM
clearly a frustrating loss, the causes of which are not so evident in the stats.

In short, GS played when it mattered and hit shots and made stops, and Knicks tightened up missing shots and fouling

I don't know if this is a growing pain/transition to better times in the near future, or whether something more gloomy exists: but since Rose's arrival IQ and RJ have regressed and also become more inconsistent.

At an individual level, I like what Rose has been doing. He provides effort and energy on D, really pushes the ball up to create opportunity, and passes the ball. I am hoping Elfrid in particular, as well as IQ, are taking notice about pushing that pace -- it creates better opportunities

ALso while still pessimistic about ELfrid, I will have to admit that his offensive game has been changing for the better. He is going to the rim with force more and generally avoiding shooting outside more. Yes that sucks for spacing, but consistently missing outside shots sucks, period. He still drives me nuts for his slow pace, and for a guy who is supposedly defensively oriented he really has tremendous trouble sticking on his guy through screens.

RJ and IQ are struggling with the change now. RJ's minutes have taken a hit. The ball is in his hands less. and he's pressing. IQ is off ball more. not sure if that's related or whether opposing teams have discovered some tactics but his floater and ability to draw fouls is waning. His decision on when to shoot is regressing.

I would like to hope this is all transitional, and things will rebound for the better. All of the players even the bench guys seem to have their heads screwed on right. We need a wing (preferably a 3) who can reliably knock down shots.

Also for different reasons we're struggling offensively with Nerlens and Taj. I wouldn't mind seeing some small ball with Randle perhaps at the 5 and giving KK a chance to shoot. KK's MIA is a bit puzzling to me

(5)(5)
wargames
Member: #6053

2/24/2021  9:02 AM
Chandler wrote:clearly a frustrating loss, the causes of which are not so evident in the stats.

In short, GS played when it mattered and hit shots and made stops, and Knicks tightened up missing shots and fouling

I don't know if this is a growing pain/transition to better times in the near future, or whether something more gloomy exists: but since Rose's arrival IQ and RJ have regressed and also become more inconsistent.

At an individual level, I like what Rose has been doing. He provides effort and energy on D, really pushes the ball up to create opportunity, and passes the ball. I am hoping Elfrid in particular, as well as IQ, are taking notice about pushing that pace -- it creates better opportunities

ALso while still pessimistic about ELfrid, I will have to admit that his offensive game has been changing for the better. He is going to the rim with force more and generally avoiding shooting outside more. Yes that sucks for spacing, but consistently missing outside shots sucks, period. He still drives me nuts for his slow pace, and for a guy who is supposedly defensively oriented he really has tremendous trouble sticking on his guy through screens.

RJ and IQ are struggling with the change now. RJ's minutes have taken a hit. The ball is in his hands less. and he's pressing. IQ is off ball more. not sure if that's related or whether opposing teams have discovered some tactics but his floater and ability to draw fouls is waning. His decision on when to shoot is regressing.

I would like to hope this is all transitional, and things will rebound for the better. All of the players even the bench guys seem to have their heads screwed on right. We need a wing (preferably a 3) who can reliably knock down shots.

Also for different reasons we're struggling offensively with Nerlens and Taj. I wouldn't mind seeing some small ball with Randle perhaps at the 5 and giving KK a chance to shoot. KK's MIA is a bit puzzling to me

The vibe is different Rose there. Also yeah the pressure for RJ or Quick to step up is gone. We’ll see how it goes but right now they aren’t playing top tier.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2021  9:09 AM
Chandler wrote:clearly a frustrating loss, the causes of which are not so evident in the stats.

I wasn't a fan of trading for Rose, especially if we're keeping Payton. The Rose, Payton, and RJ experiment = 0 spacing and hopefully we do not see that line-up close any more games. They took turns throwing themselves into traffic and launching torpedo's at the rim with no-one to kick it out to.

Payton seems to be playing for some incentives he may have in his contract or perhaps for a new contract altogether. He is taking more shots this year than he ever has at any point in his career. His impact on the game seems to benefit himself more than his teammates. He used to be a good distributor, but now when he goes to the basket, he rarely looks to drive and kick or drop it off to a big in the dunker spot. And the fact that GS was laying-off of him when he had the ball was crowding the paint and cutting off driving lanes. 20 pts on 19 shots isn't very impressive.

Quickley is hesitating again and seems caught in between when to shoot and when not to shoot. Confidence may be a bit shaky....2 games in a row he hasn't closed in a tight game. His presence alone, opens up the floor for his teammates.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2021  9:11 AM
wargames wrote:

The vibe is different Rose there. Also yeah the pressure for RJ or Quick to step up is gone. We’ll see how it goes but right now they aren’t playing top tier.

Would be curious to see Quick and RJ's usage since the Rose trade.

Payton 34 mins
Rose 27 mins

Quick 13 mins

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/24/2021  9:30 AM
I will say Rose's presence has had some positive attributes if not impact. He will push the pace even on made baskets. That can help us. In contrast, Elfrid Payton brings it up the floor with the pace of an old granny, then he usually dawdles, then dumps to Randle. By then the defense is fully set, figuring out how they'll double Randle. (That said, more recently i see him going to the rim and i suspect that is from Thibs saying do that or we don't need you)
(5)(5)
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/24/2021  11:24 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Gotta love Knicks fans -- lose a close one to the Warriors and they're climbing up the GW Bridge....

Gotta love Knicks fans —- have a losing record with constant losing streaks where their lack of shooting and second threat after Randle is exposed, yet think it’s just about one game.

32 games into the season we are two games under .500 and in the 7th slot spitting distance of the 4th. Should I go bump the Expectations for the Season thread? How many had us under 15 wins for the entire season? Not to mention is it really about winning now? And what do you mean constant losing streaks?

So yeah I ain’t climbing the bridge. Nor am I expecting a championship this year. But I like this overachieving scrappy team.

GameThread: All Star announcement night as Knicks host GS with fans, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy