MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/10/2021  7:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Refs helped the heat BIG TIME f u c k that bull ****

Lol Bam got 15FTs and had zero fouls called on him

Including the review of him completely hooking Randle for 10 seconds. Foul on Randle...

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/10/2021  9:05 AM
I'm starting to notice a Habit with RJ, He does not pass the ball when leading a 2 on 1 fast break. Last night against Miami, he failed again to kick out to Quickly on that final shot, and instead he took a well contested layup.

He did it earlier in the game and fail to pass to BURKS on a 2 on 1 fast break ended up missing that one as well, fortunate we got the rebound.

He has to learn how to play winning basketball, I watched him do the same thing in college, which is why Duke fell short in the NCAA Tourny.

That dude has Tunnel Vision at the wrong time

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/10/2021  9:17 AM
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Whoever finds something nice about this win, good for you.

I’m mad. These are the games you have to win if you really think you can aspire at a playoff berth. Another game you fight hard only to have your crap clutch plays never happen because of really bad game calling at the end. Yeah, make a win-now move in getting Rose, lose back to back to the Heat.

The East is waking up. Toronto is back. Miami is back. Those were spots the Knicks were trying to hold on to. Keep losing like this, hard-fought games you can’t deliver and keep watching those teams that had slow starts come back, and we are switching back to the fire-sale, rebuilding we thought we were into when we started this season.

Wow, I’m so pissed at this freaking result.

I can absolutely see where you are coming from but for me it was still a very good game for the Knicks.

Miami just went to the finals. They are still missing Dragic but eh. The Knicks kept up Miami Heat and deep playoff intensity. They lost by 2 with a lot less talent and some ****ty players (Elf).

Someone else said it best: Knicks don't have one guy that'll sniff defensive player votes and yet have top defensive TEAM and they just showed it against some of the best shooters in the league in Herro, Duncan, Nun.

Olynyk shot out of his mind and the Knicks still could have pulled it off.

Knicks 2 best players were off again and Adebayo and Randle went toe to toe IMO with Randle having more of an off game than Bam shutting in down. RJ just looks tired.

Knicks 2 best players also had chances to win the game (or tie) and that's an experience both will hold and learn from.

I'm impressed

I am with both of you guys. I was pissed about the outcome. Should have won. A couple really bad calls costs us possessions late. We got abysmal shooting from RJ/Randle/IQ and were almost able to win it.

I want to make the playoffs but I dont really care. We are on the right track. We are winning more and winning the right way. If we miss the playoffs its lottery luck (hopefully Dallas is there also). There are a lot of good things happening so I can be patient.

Phucking Heat... I hate them and those unis last night were vomit.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/10/2021  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2021  10:11 AM
Dont blame RJ for that last miss. He had Butler shadowing him. Close enough that his take to the rim was more like a "flyby". Barrett couldnt curl to the rim, with Butler ready to swat the ball.
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/10/2021  11:00 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont blame RJ for that last miss. He had Butler shadowing him. Close enough that his take to the rim was more like a "flyby". Barrett couldnt curl to the rim, with Butler ready to swat the ball.

That entire sequence was a very in experience decision on RJ's part.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2021  11:02 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont blame RJ for that last miss. He had Butler shadowing him. Close enough that his take to the rim was more like a "flyby". Barrett couldnt curl to the rim, with Butler ready to swat the ball.

That entire sequence was a very in experience decision on RJ's part.

He got to the rim. He got the shot he wanted and usually hits. He got it against a stout defender. He just flubbed it some.

He needed to be stronger and try to cram it or just be more assured of himself.

Growing pains.

I agree with you about the fast breaks but not this one.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/10/2021  11:11 AM
Rose doesn't have the Uber explosiveness that he once had but for a guy with multiple knee problems he is still QUICK and strong and there were time he made everyone on the court look like they were in slow-mo

He just motors

martin
USA
2/10/2021  12:48 PM
Man saw this in the game and would have loved to know what was said

martin
USA
2/10/2021  1:21 PM
Feel like I've only heard Breen's voice crack only a few times over the last couple of decades and we had another one last night. So moving, so genuine

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/10/2021  1:40 PM

Didn't catch this last night, but if you need something to get rid of that bad taste, here's Rose's post game interview.

fishmike
USA
2/10/2021  1:46 PM
martin wrote:Feel like I've only heard Breen's voice crack only a few times over the last couple of decades and we had another one last night. So moving, so genuine

Mike Breen is a phucking treasure and the Fred Rogers of the basketball world. That was great work. I wanted to hug the dude and tell him he nailed it
fishmike
USA
2/10/2021  1:47 PM
martin wrote:Man saw this in the game and would have loved to know what was said

YES!!! Saw that also... Thought RJ played really well against him and had a lot of good moments. One to grow on. Wish that last one went in.

Next year when fans are there it will

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/10/2021  1:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:Man saw this in the game and would have loved to know what was said

YES!!! Saw that also... Thought RJ played really well against him and had a lot of good moments. One to grow on. Wish that last one went in.

That was awesome to see. He is getting a lot of respect from top players. On the last play, he needed to do what he was doing before and bully his way to the rim. He kinda tried to get a cleaner shot fading to the left.

fishmike
USA
2/10/2021  2:06 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

Didn't catch this last night, but if you need something to get rid of that bad taste, here's Rose's post game interview.

great share

recap:

Didnt want to be rude, but didnt want to talk about Detroit beyond what he said
Close w/ Thibs, Wes, Taj... felt super comfortable and really wanted to be here
Knows his job is to mentor and mentioned he can still ball a bit himself
Really likes the youth and talked glowingly about IQ and urging him on when he was struggling and shots werent falling
Wasnt happy with how he played, mentioned 4th qtr TO and they lost the game
Admitted to being stubborn/immature first time he was here
On playing first game: Told Thibs he was a true pro, was staying in shape and would be ready if needed

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/10/2021  5:56 PM
fishmike wrote:

This year! 😱

Knicks_Fan
GameThread: Mimai again, 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy