MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/9/2021  10:17 PM
Randle 4 for 17
RJ 5 for 14
Quickley 2 for 9

We've been riding these guys for offense this year, they broke down this game, but we still almost crossed the finish line.

Some bad calls could have been the difference, but we can come back from this one.

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

2/9/2021  10:19 PM
We dont have any crunch-time scorers we could count on down the stretch.
I seen Barrett miss that same layup shot more times than he made them.
Good Night !!!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/9/2021  10:20 PM
Tough loss. RJ and Randle has off nights. just move on to the next one
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2021  10:20 PM
Knicksfan wrote:Whoever finds something nice about this win, good for you.

I’m mad. These are the games you have to win if you really think you can aspire at a playoff berth. Another game you fight hard only to have your crap clutch plays never happen because of really bad game calling at the end. Yeah, make a win-now move in getting Rose, lose back to back to the Heat.

The East is waking up. Toronto is back. Miami is back. Those were spots the Knicks were trying to hold on to. Keep losing like this, hard-fought games you can’t deliver and keep watching those teams that had slow starts come back, and we are switching back to the fire-sale, rebuilding we thought we were into when we started this season.

Wow, I’m so pissed at this freaking result.

I can absolutely see where you are coming from but for me it was still a very good game for the Knicks.

Miami just went to the finals. They are still missing Dragic but eh. The Knicks kept up Miami Heat and deep playoff intensity. They lost by 2 with a lot less talent and some ****ty players (Elf).

Someone else said it best: Knicks don't have one guy that'll sniff defensive player votes and yet have top defensive TEAM and they just showed it against some of the best shooters in the league in Herro, Duncan, Nun.

Olynyk shot out of his mind and the Knicks still could have pulled it off.

Knicks 2 best players were off again and Adebayo and Randle went toe to toe IMO with Randle having more of an off game than Bam shutting in down. RJ just looks tired.

Knicks 2 best players also had chances to win the game (or tie) and that's an experience both will hold and learn from.

I'm impressed

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/9/2021  10:30 PM
that was an extremely frustrating loss

we had a lot of guys who couldn't buy a bucket and we were still there. Deciding factor was immense disparity at FT line. I will concede that Miami was aggressive to the paint but so were we and Miami was launching more bombs so we definitely had more forays into the paint so it's difficult to accept that as fair.

IMO our biggest need is a SF who can reliably score/shoot and plays with confidence. Maybe Burke can be that guy though we've been playing him at 2 a lot

randle and payton have been playing great lately but they may have been the only two people in Miami or watching on TV who thought there shots late in the game were going in. Seroiusly Payton after playing scrappy and scoring points you want to take a corner three with game on line. Julius tonight you couldn't hit open midrange in stride but you want to do Melo fade aways with time expiring

Two dumb plays along with dumb tech. Payton kept losing Herro on those curls. C'mon man

hopefullly they learn and grow and hopefullythey take the positive message that they stuck together.

(5)(5)
martin
USA
2/9/2021  10:38 PM
You put one legit swing man all star on the Knicks and WATCH OUT. A guy who can break down the defense and get to the rim - something Rose fills but like 10 years too late - and this team could be a very dangerous playoff team.

Knicks obviously need to upgrade their back court and have more offense from a guy like Mitch. He is making so many defensive strides but man the Knicks have to reward him more with easy buckets.

Knicks gotta strike gold in this draft and get either a PG or SG that is high level

martin
USA
2/9/2021  10:46 PM
This is a different level of defense from Mitch than in previous years. Big step

BillTheButcher
Member: #6326

2/9/2021  10:53 PM
I live with that RJ shot at the end , way better than the garbage Randle threw up the prior possession.Refs fooked us hard every bad call when against us ,39 FT for the Heat Bam did not even have a foul,,,GTFO ..
[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/9/2021  10:55 PM
martin wrote:You put one legit swing man all star on the Knicks and WATCH OUT. A guy who can break down the defense and get to the rim - something Rose fills but like 10 years too late - and this team could be a very dangerous playoff team.

Knicks obviously need to upgrade their back court and have more offense from a guy like Mitch. He is making so many defensive strides but man the Knicks have to reward him more with easy buckets.

Knicks gotta strike gold in this draft and get either a PG or SG that is high level

Knicks are in a good position. They have 3 picks in the top 32 as of now in a deep draft. I’m excited and confident we will get that type of player or multiple players even
Kemet
Member: #6148

2/9/2021  10:57 PM
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Whoever finds something nice about this win, good for you.

I’m mad. These are the games you have to win if you really think you can aspire at a playoff berth. Another game you fight hard only to have your crap clutch plays never happen because of really bad game calling at the end. Yeah, make a win-now move in getting Rose, lose back to back to the Heat.

The East is waking up. Toronto is back. Miami is back. Those were spots the Knicks were trying to hold on to. Keep losing like this, hard-fought games you can’t deliver and keep watching those teams that had slow starts come back, and we are switching back to the fire-sale, rebuilding we thought we were into when we started this season.

Wow, I’m so pissed at this freaking result.

I can absolutely see where you are coming from but for me it was still a very good game for the Knicks.

Miami just went to the finals. They are still missing Dragic but eh. The Knicks kept up Miami Heat and deep playoff intensity. They lost by 2 with a lot less talent and some ****ty players (Elf).

Someone else said it best: Knicks don't have one guy that'll sniff defensive player votes and yet have top defensive TEAM and they just showed it against some of the best shooters in the league in Herro, Duncan, Nun.

Olynyk shot out of his mind and the Knicks still could have pulled it off.

Knicks 2 best players were off again and Adebayo and Randle went toe to toe IMO with Randle having more of an off game than Bam shutting in down. RJ just looks tired.

Knicks 2 best players also had chances to win the game (or tie) and that's an experience both will hold and learn from.

I'm impressed

Excuse me .. you mean the Knicks two most minute played players the past two seasons.
Burks are 10 times better than Barrett at the SG position, Burks b.ball IQ is 5 times brighter too.
It wasn't Payton who needed to be replace in the starter lineup by Quickley, it was Barrett who needed to be replace by Quickley in the starter lineup.
Look at the Heats two 2nd season Guards Nunn & Herro, both of their average performances has been 10 times better than Barrett's inconsistent poor defensive performance since rookie season.
And for 25 games this season, Randle has become one of the top improve players in the league, thanks to Thibs 39 minute of playing time per game to stake stats.
all-star he is not LOL !!!

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/9/2021  11:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:You put one legit swing man all star on the Knicks and WATCH OUT. A guy who can break down the defense and get to the rim - something Rose fills but like 10 years too late - and this team could be a very dangerous playoff team.

Knicks are in a good position. They have 3 picks in the top 32 as of now in a deep draft. I’m excited and confident we will get that type of player or multiple players even

Yup, we need to continue to invest in our scouting department and soon enough we’ll get our guy

The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/9/2021  11:02 PM
Also we’ve held better teams to less, but I felt like this was definitely one of if not the best defensive outings we’ve had. Heat had to work on every possession to get a bucket and I loved it. It just pains me we couldn’t reward ourselves with the win.
The Future is Bright!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/9/2021  11:03 PM

I agree. One Shawn Marion type player away from bring really good.

The PG by committee sucks, but at least they each contribute something, even Elf (Breen said it best, he is the starting PG on the top defensive team in the league, that has to count for something).

If you can get even a Mike Conley prime level PG and a Shawn Marion/Iguodala prime type SF (not these budget guys like Bullock, Burks etc...) they are not that far off from being a good to very good team.

I really think targeting guys like an Oubre, or on a lower level Otto Porter.

Hell, just a guy like Joe Harris would drastically change the dynamic of this team.

~You can't run from who you are.~
Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/9/2021  11:07 PM
Uptown wrote:Noel has been playing pretty good ball of late....except for the occasional dropped pass..

Hands of stone. But a good player otherwise.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
martin
USA
2/9/2021  11:12 PM
joec32033 wrote:

The PG by committee sucks, but at least they each contribute something, even Elf (Breen said it best, he is the starting PG on the top defensive team in the league, that has to count for something).

If you can get even a Mike Conley prime level PG and a Shawn Marion/Iguodala prime type SF (not these budget guys like Bullock, Burks etc...) they are not that far off from being a good to very good team.

Hell, just a guy like Joe Harris would drastically change the dynamic of this team.

I was thinking a bit higher than top level Shawn Marion but yeah.

Younger LeBron, Beal, younger CP3, Harden, Durant.

I think Beal is a likely target for offseason or next season. And it's odd to me that Jrue Holiday hasn't signed extension yet so I'll throw him up there but he wouldn't really qualify as top line IMO

martin
USA
2/9/2021  11:18 PM
TPercy wrote:Also we’ve held better teams to less, but I felt like this was definitely one of if not the best defensive outings we’ve had. Heat had to work on every possession to get a bucket and I loved it. It just pains me we couldn’t reward ourselves with the win.

+1

martin
USA
2/9/2021  11:26 PM
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/9/2021  11:57 PM
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

I think Beal is a likely target for offseason or next season. And it's odd to me that Jrue Holiday hasn't signed extension yet so I'll throw him up there but he wouldn't really qualify as top line IMO

I think finding top level guys that meet our specific criteria is tough, and if you do it will cost you in some way. I mean they are only looking for. Young top level wing who can pass, dribble, defend, shoot the three, and get to the basket at a high level. Everyone is looking for that.

Like this off season, getting Ingram would have been great. But it would have cost a ton of money that alot of people are ear marking for guys like you mentioned. In context, though that was probably going to cost us less than trading for a guy like that in terms of tangible players, prospects, and picks plus the money we have to pay anyway.

Alot of the top wings now are older. Everyone is feening for great swing PG/SG who can score and pass because since these guys handle the ball the most by default. So it is a very efficient way of increasing the time they have the ball.

The best young wings out there are

Ingram-sf
Tatum-sf/sg
SGA-pg/sg/sf
Booker-pg/sg/sf
Brown-sg/sf
Porter-sf/pf
Lavine-sg/sf
Simmons-pg/sf (can not shoot at all)

All the other guys who play the sg/sf spot are older. And those 6-3/6-4 scoring pg guys are even harder to find

Mitchell
Doncic
Young
Morant
Fox
Ball
Those guys aren't going anywhere.

I think the Knicks solution should be get that tier lower guy who is obtainable and has a semi higher floor and hope they make the jump.

~You can't run from who you are.~
wargames
Member: #6053

2/10/2021  12:48 AM
joec32033 wrote:
martin wrote:
joec32033 wrote:

I think finding top level guys that meet our specific criteria is tough, and if you do it will cost you in some way. I mean they are only looking for. Young top level wing who can pass, dribble, defend, shoot the three, and get to the basket at a high level. Everyone is looking for that.

Like this off season, getting Ingram would have been great. But it would have cost a ton of money that alot of people are ear marking for guys like you mentioned. In context, though that was probably going to cost us less than trading for a guy like that in terms of tangible players, prospects, and picks plus the money we have to pay anyway.

Alot of the top wings now are older. Everyone is feening for great swing PG/SG who can score and pass because since these guys handle the ball the most by default. So it is a very efficient way of increasing the time they have the ball.

The best young wings out there are

Ingram-sf
Tatum-sf/sg
SGA-pg/sg/sf
Booker-pg/sg/sf
Brown-sg/sf
Porter-sf/pf
Lavine-sg/sf
Simmons-pg/sf (can not shoot at all)

All the other guys who play the sg/sf spot are older. And those 6-3/6-4 scoring pg guys are even harder to find

Mitchell
Doncic
Young
Morant
Fox
Ball
Those guys aren't going anywhere.

I think the Knicks solution should be get that tier lower guy who is obtainable and has a semi higher floor and hope they make the jump.

This game got me excited. Knicks are playing great we just need more talent.... but we got talent coming!

I think the best plan is to try and draft the best wing they can this year, roll the money over with this team into 2021. Get into the playoffs and then see in 2022 if Lavine is tired for playing with a bunch of loser like the Bulls. Offer him a Kawhi deal where he can resign for a OD Max in two years.

My dream draft is the league gifts us Cade, but this is a really good wing draft (just like last year was a really good PG draft and we got IQ). Cade won’t be the only good wing in the draft, Hell likely be the best because you can put him at PG, but we just got to get one of the better ones.

Then like I said reach out to Lavine and see if he wants to join a good team that wants to make that leap in 2022.

Cade
Lavine
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Bench
IQ
Noel
some more talent.....

That team would be a contender. By then a lot of the top stars will be aged. By 2022 all the other superstars are starting to get older, and these younger stars aren’t at that level. No one looks like they will be as dominate as a KD, or LeBron, or a Steph.

The Knicks physical style, plus some outside shooters who can hit the three ball at will. Then we get some more cost effective youth in the double draft in 2023.

It took a lot of GMs to get us here, but as bad as they were none of them have messed the future up and we’re starting to finally see it. Miami was playing at playoff levels and barely beat a Knicks team with Journeymen at most the roster spots. Give it two more years and we should be really good.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/10/2021  3:09 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Refs helped the heat BIG TIME f u c k that bull ****

Lol Bam got 15FTs and had zero fouls called on him

GameThread: Mimai again, 730pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy