[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: back to back afternoons, Heat 1pm
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/8/2021  3:55 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:Feel like collectively not enough kudos has been given to Randle: Dude is just balling out.

Some careless turnovers but he is playing at a high level

And on a back to back, feel like he was the only player that didn't show fatigue

Such an amazing story. His game this season has been invaluable and as much deserving credit Thibs get for our transformation, Randle deserves the same. His best games are stunning and even his bad ones still keep us in competitive. I think the greatest compliment he could get right now is admit that all of us that came in with a tanking and rebuilding mentality admit that there could be a great scenario to consider where he is one of our main pieces in a Knicks team that can compete for real very soon.

Fans wanted to trade him for a bag of chips, yet he has turned into the player we hoped to get later in the future. I’m really happy for him because not many win over NY and much less after a bad first act.

Exactly. This is part of the reason why he’s an all star for me and why I want him here for many years to come. Coming into this season you couldn’t name a single person with worst circumstances than he had. He came in with a fan base that hated him, the least talented roster in the league( by a considerable margin), and a very poor start with us yet look at what he’s done. Just imagine if he had the shooters/spacing that Bam had yesterday...he’d be a walking triple double.

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
TPercy

2/8/2021  3:57 PM
In some respects, I feel like Randle is doing what Melo couldn’t as a playmaker (obviously Melo is still the better player)
The Future is Bright!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/8/2021  4:12 PM
TPercy wrote:In some respects, I feel like Randle is doing what Melo couldn’t as a playmaker (obviously Melo is still the better player)

Funny you say that because I've been thinking about Randle's season the same way I thought about the Dad-Melo year. I'm just hopeful that for Julius it's not a one and done type season.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/8/2021  4:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2021  4:15 PM
martin wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:Feel like collectively not enough kudos has been given to Randle: Dude is just balling out.

Some careless turnovers but he is playing at a high level

And on a back to back, feel like he was the only player that didn't show fatigue

Kudos. His success is testament to the idiocy of haters.

Ha and by haters you mean like 95+% of Knicks fans last year

Being a reformed former hater of Mr. Spinover, you have to admit his game this year is dramatically better than last year. Randle's shooting damn near 40% from 3, his rebounding, assists, FT% are all up measurably. This all is one of the main reasons (if not the main reason) we're flirting with middle of the pack instead instead of playing .200 ball.

Agreed though, incredibly good story.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2021  4:15 PM
TPercy wrote:In some respects, I feel like Randle is doing what Melo couldn’t as a playmaker (obviously Melo is still the better player)

Man, you are not wrong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/8/2021  4:17 PM
Absolutely. I always felt Melo showed small flashes of being a good passer and even decent defense when he put forth the effort but Randle is doing it consistently For the most part
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2021  4:19 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

Funny you say that because I've been thinking about Randle's season the same way I thought about the Dad-Melo year. I'm just hopeful that for Julius it's not a one and done type season.

Dad-Melo was 2015-16? Probably Melo's most balanced year

Melo: 21.8 PPG, 4.2 Assists, 7.7 Rebounds
Randle: 22.7 PPG, 6.0 Assists, 11 Rebounds so far

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy

2/8/2021  5:24 PM
Wow I completely forgot about that Dad Melo season! Shame how it happened so late in his career, good thing Julius is 26 and just entering his prime years
The Future is Bright!
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/8/2021  5:49 PM
Randle is exceeding expectations and Melo fell short and they end up in about the same place.
GameThread: back to back afternoons, Heat 1pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy